Werewolf organisation

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
This was not meant to increase competitiveness, I was trying to remove the problem of people stopping playing to keep up their w/l ratio. I personally use win/loss ratios to see how good I am on average, not to try to reach the top.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
This was not meant to increase competitiveness, I was trying to remove the problem of people stopping playing to keep up their w/l ratio. I personally use win/loss ratios to see how good I am on average, not to try to reach the top.
Ah! I see. Anyone doing that would be using flawed logic, though. All games have the same chance at victory for every player before roles are assigned, unless you're playing super tryhard by calculating every eventuality and percentage.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Ah! I see. Anyone doing that would be using flawed logic, though. All games have the same chance at victory for every player before roles are assigned, unless you're playing super tryhard by calculating every eventuality and percentage.
It's not actually, because people all have different levels of skill, or someone might be ill, angry, sad, etc. which will affect how they play.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
I just don't agree with "always same chance" ;) , it often is though.

Skillplay is commitment dependant and logic at its best. If you lack any of these for whatever reason...

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
It's not actually, because people all have different levels of skill, or someone might be ill, angry, sad, etc. which will affect how they play.
I just don't agree with "always same chance" ;) , it often is though.

Skillplay is commitment dependant and logic at its best. If you lack any of these for whatever reason...
Right! But the relative skill level of the player won't change drastically between games, especially if they're games he's not playing. I should've said that any player has about the same chance at winning any given game, so he or she has no reason to skip on this point.

J's emotion argument is more valid, but again it won't make an amazing difference unless you're really feeling out of it.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Right! But the relative skill level of the player won't change drastically between games, especially if they're games he's not playing. I should've said that any player has about the same chance at winning any given game, so he or she has no reason to skip on this point.

J's emotion argument is more valid, but again it won't make an amazing difference unless you're really feeling out of it.
Thing is, one decision can affect your other decisions. Then those other decisions affect other decisions, etc etc, and in the end it can make a surprising difference.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Well, emotions affect your commitment and logic.
Again, it won't make a major difference unless you're really feeling out of it. See below.

Thing is, one decision can affect your other decisions. Then those other decisions affect other decisions, etc etc, and in the end it can make a surprising difference.
What decisions do you make in werewolf that are directly impacted by emotions? Maybe I'm playing the game wrong. :p

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Emotions are not that shallow. You're either fine or not.
If you're stressed (got busy with stuff) or sad (bad stuff happened) it does affect your decisions. If you're busy you likely will avoid networking, if you're sad you are likely to play recklessly and not care much if you die in the game.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Emotions are not that shallow. You're either fine or not.
If you're stressed (got busy with stuff) or sad (bad stuff happened) it does affect your decisions. If you're busy you likely will avoid networking, if you're sad you are likely to play recklessly and not care much if you die in the game.
Fair points. But would you ever go "Hm, I'm too stressed this week. I'd better skip this game."?

This has gotten wildly off topic and I love it.

Reactions: Pyure

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Fair points. But would you ever go "Hm, I'm too stressed this week. I'd better skip this game."?

This has gotten wildly off topic and I love it.
I've skipped several games because of being too busy IRL. So yes.

One thing none of us has asked is "Does anyone care about being top of the leaderboard?" If not, this is all academic, as none of us will be skipping games in order to try and boost the win/loss ratio.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Again, it won't make a major difference unless you're really feeling out of it. See below.

What decisions do you make in werewolf that are directly impacted by emotions? Maybe I'm playing the game wrong. :p
Emotions don't exactly affect the decision to do something in the game. What they're MUCH more likely to do, is affect whether or not you think to make that decision even. It might make someone forget to vote, it might make someone not think of that awesome tactical way to use their power, or they might miss something that doesn't add up and clues them in to someone's role.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
My personality actually makes a big difference in werewolf games. In one game pyure accidently used this to screw with my emotions and completely mess up my decision making. Also, if you think it's entirely luck, why play?

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My personality actually makes a big difference in werewolf games. In one game pyure accidently used this to screw with my emotions and completely mess up my decision making. Also, if you think it's entirely luck, why play?
Cheese, why the flying fuck are you not playing my game. I made this game specifically for you. My wife asked me to spend time with her this week, and I was all like "No, I can't, I made this game for Cheese and I need to give it my full attention. We can do our 10 year anniversary stuff next week or something."

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Cheese, why the flying fuck are you not playing my game. I made this game specifically for you. My wife asked me to spend time with her this week, and I was all like "No, I can't, I made this game for Cheese and I need to give it my full attention. We can do our 10 year anniversary stuff next week or something."
Oh shoot. Is it too late to join?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Emotions do affect the performance in a game. When you're frustrated, e.g. from losing games, you're probably gonna be more reckless and make more mistakes.
I learned that from playing ranked in LoL :rolleyes:

Reactions: the_j485
Status
Not open for further replies.