Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it is just the built in minecraft villager reputation system? Where once you kill enough of them they will stop trading with you?
Not that it matter anyway, we have the smeltery to get the emerald out of their system.

Thank you both for the quick reply - now you mention it I do remember something about villager trading in vanilla being affected. If that is all it is I will try, I might as well as I have already killed a dozen or so getting the magician's orb, what's a few thousand more!:rolleyes:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you both for the quick reply - now you mention it I do remember something about villager trading in vanilla being affected. If that is all it is I will try, I might as well as I have already killed a dozen or so getting the magician's orb, what's a few thousand more!:rolleyes:
A few thousand?
*laughs* casual *laughs*
Once you have killed enough to raise an army of undead villagers capable of outnumbering everyone alive 10:1, then come back to me ;)

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Another simple question - I have just watched Dire's latest Forgecraft2 video and he has a basic gate connected by 1 insulated redstone conduit (EnderIO) to a transfer node. I can connect to either but not both - Is there a trick to selecting 2 directions on these conduits? I have even removed the gate and placed an active lever and made the connection to both directions but when I removed the lever it went away.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Another simple question - I have just watched Dire's latest Forgecraft2 video and he has a basic gate connected by 1 insulated redstone conduit (EnderIO) to a transfer node. I can connect to either but not both - Is there a trick to selecting 2 directions on these conduits? I have even removed the gate and placed an active lever and made the connection to both directions but when I removed the lever it went away.
Smack it with a yeta wrench?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

If Forgecraft2 is the server version then you should remember that they are playing with mostly unreleased versions of the various mods and that feature may not be publicly available yet, much like the new TiCo version with Crossbows, Longbows, enchantable arrows/bolts, shuriken and spears.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
If Forgecraft2 is the server version then you should remember that they are playing with mostly unreleased versions of the various mods and that feature may not be publicly available yet, much like the new TiCo version with Crossbows, Longbows, enchantable arrows/bolts, shuriken and spears.
By the time Dire uploads the videos, most mods have been released though ;)
TiCo has been out for a few weeks, Thaumcraft's update took no more than a week to go live after Dire did his first video with the new focus system... There's probably more examples...

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Smack it with a yeta wrench?

That's how I can choose either north or west. Nice try though!
I think the EnderIO version in the pack is supposed to be the same as the forgecraft2 but I may be wrong. I have solved the build problem by using 3 conduits and going up across and down, but simply being able to connect to the 1 conduit should work - it would automatically connect if they were 2 EnderIO or most other machinery.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
You can use the yeti wrench to force a connection similar to how red net cables work with machines when it doesn't connect automatically

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Not sure this is the right place but I have 2 very simple questions.
Is there some form of penalty for killing villagers?
Do the villagers supply 2000 blood essence when using the well of suffering?
Notes for clarification - Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack, specifically I am thinking of a cursed earth mob farm with grinders above an MFR auto-spawner getting essence from the grinders with a well of suffering and altar below.
Someone has suggested that there is a penalty for killing villagers, I quote - "There is supposedly a penalty of some sort with slaying villagers though. The one website I use as a reference hints darkly at it, but doesn't specify what might occur if you do so"

No, you only get the 2k for manually killing them. No negative effects for using villagers.

Softpotatis

Jul 29, 2019
I crafted myself a Thaumium grafter and put Repair II on it using the Botania Mana Enchanter. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be repairing itself, though it does exhaust me and waste all my hunger as the book say. Anyone know what is up and why it is not repairing?

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019
I crafted myself a Thaumium grafter and put Repair II on it using the Botania Mana Enchanter. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be repairing itself, though it does exhaust me and waste all my hunger as the book say. Anyone know what is up and why it is not repairing?
Apparently repair requires you to have a charged wand in your inventory. Have you tried that?
Not sure this is the right place but I have 2 very simple questions.
Is there some form of penalty for killing villagers?
Do the villagers supply 2000 blood essence when using the well of suffering?
Notes for clarification - Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack, specifically I am thinking of a cursed earth mob farm with grinders above an MFR auto-spawner getting essence from the grinders with a well of suffering and altar below.
Someone has suggested that there is a penalty for killing villagers, I quote - "There is supposedly a penalty of some sort with slaying villagers though. The one website I use as a reference hints darkly at it, but doesn't specify what might occur if you do so"
The only penalty for hurting villagers is that it angers any villager-created iron golems nearby.

Nahgg

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question here. Well, an explication followed by what would be a question.

I recently somewhat automated mana generation for botania, and I'm actually getting quite a good supply using the munchdews (Consumes leaves to create mana). Using the harvester from MFR and setting up the Applied Energistics Formation Plane makes the munchdews create mana incredibly quickly.

eosA9.jpg

What might be an alternative method in terms of space/energy efficiency, perhaps with the use of other functional flora? I'm currently running solar panels in the back (I think 31 eu/t total) which allows the system to run night and day.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question here. Well, an explication followed by what would be a question.

I recently somewhat automated mana generation for botania, and I'm actually getting quite a good supply using the munchdews (Consumes leaves to create mana). Using the harvester from MFR and setting up the Applied Energistics Formation Plane makes the munchdews create mana incredibly quickly.

eosA9.jpg

What might be an alternative method in terms of space/energy efficiency, perhaps with the use of other functional flora? I'm currently running solar panels in the back (I think 31 eu/t total) which allows the system to run night and day.
Lava fabricator -> magmatic dynamo (powering lava fabricator) -(excess lava)-> Thermalilly
A single one of these won't generate a LOT of mana... but it's enough for me.
However, if you find that you do need more, use endoflames instead of munchdews. Turn your wood into charcoal, and give the charcoal to the endoflames

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You could also try the gourmaryliss. Feeding it meat ingots from mfr makes a LOT of mana. I needed a gaia mana spreader to simply keep up. The one caveat is dropping one meat ingot every 5 seconds.

You can also use Toast (once every 3.5 secs irrc) or other foods, but the better foods will make much more mana.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You could also try the gourmaryliss. Feeding it meat ingots from mfr makes a LOT of mana. I needed a gaia mana spreader to simply keep up. The one caveat is dropping one meat ingot every 5 seconds.

You can also use Toast (once every 3.5 secs irrc) or other foods, but the better foods will make much more mana.
Droppers and timers ;)

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019
So, apparently, with Blood Magic, I've managed to bind myself into another player's network, meaning that refilling my own blood orb (or filling it through the use of the blood altar) doesn't effect it, but if he uses an orb bound to me directly or puts it into the altar himself, it works, and changes the network's LP for both of us. What's going on?