Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moridin

Jul 29, 2019
It's thanks to the crash logs here from modded Minecraft (both the fluffy ones and the straightforward ones) that I'm even able to do my job. I was at a low point during unemployment and playing Minecraft after my job searches helped me a lot. Learning how to read crash reports and seeing how to fix various pieces of my modded world helped me get a job. Seriously, modded Minecraft helped get me a career surprisingly.

So people need to stop running from the big scary crash log and learn how to bloody well read it. It could seriously help them. Learning and knowledge need to be a priority again... even if it means that threads like this where I get a damned good laugh eventually go away.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
It's thanks to the crash logs here from modded Minecraft (both the fluffy ones and the straightforward ones) that I'm even able to do my job. I was at a low point during unemployment and playing Minecraft after my job searches helped me a lot. Learning how to read crash reports and seeing how to fix various pieces of my modded world helped me get a job. Seriously, modded Minecraft helped get me a career surprisingly.

So people need to stop running from the big scary crash log and learn how to bloody well read it. It could seriously help them. Learning and knowledge need to be a priority again... even if it means that threads like this where I get a damned good laugh eventually go away.
They won't because the average intelligence will always be lower then individuals intelligence. I mean we could just be laughing at how Javascript doesn't have a class system...and when you do implement one yourself it is weird

Moridin

Jul 29, 2019
They won't because the average intelligence will always be lower then individuals intelligence. I mean we could just be laughing at how Javascript doesn't have a class system...and when you do implement one yourself it is weird
Sad but true. I just needed to vent and the crashlog conversation thankfully gave me that outlet.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I mean we could just be laughing at how Javascript doesn't have a class system...and when you do implement one yourself it is weird
Well Javascript does have objects and you can kinda do object oriented programming, but it doesn't have classes indeed

People are generally afraid of command lines, config files and any kind of logs. They need GUIs for everything

Reactions: Flipz and 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
One of my old school buddies tried to make an adventure map. All he did was make a normal world, put signs telling you where to go, and place chests and such with books in them. My first time playtesting, I walked from the start over to the end in 10 seconds. He yelled at me for not paying attention to the signs...

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Well Javascript does have objects and you can kinda do object oriented programming, but it doesn't have classes indeed

People are generally afraid of command lines, config files and any kind of logs. They need GUIs for everything

To be fair, a gui for minetweaker DID make things a lot easier

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019

I say we use coffee script...so much simpler. Although I will admit multiple-file stuff is being a bitch

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
They won't because the average intelligence will always be lower than individual's intelligence.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to communicate here, but it sounds statistically impossible. By definition, the mean, mode and median all lie between the lowest and greatest individual values. Given a normal distribution, however, 50% of people are 'dumber' than the average person. But 50% are smarter.

One of my old school buddies tried to make an adventure map. All he did was make a normal world, put signs telling you where to go, and place chests and such with books in them. My first time playtesting, I walked from the start over to the end in 10 seconds. He yelled at me for not paying attention to the signs...

Isn't that how people usually make adventure maps? It's kind of your fault for not understanding how adventure maps work!

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to communicate here, but it sounds statistically impossible. By definition, the mean, mode and median all lie between the lowest and greatest individual values. Given a normal distribution, however, 50% of people are 'dumber' than the average person. But 50% are smarter.
Let me clarify what I was saying. There will always be individuals such as us who are smarter than the average person. Thus these kind of discussions/threads can never truly go away.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
A file named "README-I-AM-VERY-IMPORTANT.txt" now generates in the crash reports folder saying:
Code:
Read through crash reports before posting them!
If you do not do this, you might be ignored, or in worst case banned for spamming.
Good idea, or not?

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I've played numerous adventure maps and NONE of them are like that...
Vinilla adventure maps are significantly different from modded. The first time I played a modded one I was clueless. In vinilla maps you are supposed to read signs and most of them are horribly formulated. The good ones have locked doors which force you to read signs.

Reactions: null123

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Vinilla adventure maps are significantly different from modded. The first time I played a modded one I was clueless. In vinilla maps you are supposed to read signs and most of them are horribly formulated. The good ones have locked doors which force you to read signs.
And some are just trial maps which force you to balance and jump over obstacles

Status
Not open for further replies.