[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
I'm seriously lost, sorry about it. I'll start scouring Youtube next. I cannot figure out how to unlock the troll quest in the hqm questbook. There's fetch quests, which don't exactly bring much coin, and basically building up. Chald opens the custom npcs quest for the troll, but not the book. Help?

The quest will show up in the hqm quest book once you get near the troll. I've watched a few youtube let's plays and they are on earlier versions of this modpack where the troll quest and other quests weren't hidden in the quest book like they are now. Other quests won't show up in the hqm quest book until you trigger them in certain ways. Just talk to NPCs and do what they say for their custom npc quests and the quests should eventually show up in the hqm quest book. Hope that made sense.

Ra Anhur

Jul 29, 2019
after the last update the king will not speak to me to start the quest line for the customnpc side of the quests. did i miss something that was changed or is this a bug of some sort.

(edit) Strike that there is someone in the fountain square area you need to now talk to.

Last edited:

Mason658

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what's going on with my middle earth, I don't know if it's even complete so that could be what's wrong, but based on what I'm seeing other people have been able to play in middle earth. When I got to middle earth I started flying around and went to a waypoint, nothing was their. Then I flew to a river, but before I even got to it I was in an ocean biome where there should have been land. Apperently the map isn't working right and I'd like to know how/if I can fix it.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
The quest will show up in the hqm quest book once you get near the troll. I've watched a few youtube let's plays and they are on earlier versions of this modpack where the troll quest and other quests weren't hidden in the quest book like they are now. Other quests won't show up in the hqm quest book until you trigger them in certain ways. Just talk to NPCs and do what they say for their custom npc quests and the quests should eventually show up in the hqm quest book. Hope that made sense.
Not terribly helpful, I'm guessing it unlocks while wandering inside the dungeon.
I watched Kermit's latest episode, and he managed to unlock the 'pretty up the world' and 'I want all the things', and have no idea how he did that either. Presently traveling to lothlorien, because the elves won't trade with me.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Not terribly helpful, I'm guessing it unlocks while wandering inside the dungeon.
I watched Kermit's latest episode, and he managed to unlock the 'pretty up the world' and 'I want all the things', and have no idea how he did that either. Presently traveling to lothlorien, because the elves won't trade with me.

When I said near, I meant it unlocks when you walk up to the troll to kill him.

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
SERVER NEWS
  • 21DEC2014 - 1000h EST - Server is UP with update (2.3.8/9)
SERVER INFO UPDATE
  • FYI - Server updates every 6 hours at 0353, 0953, 1553, 2153 EST

• SLOTS - Server is currently at 10/10 slots.
    • Those who still wish to play may let me know and I will keep them on the backup list.
    • More slots will not open until either people leave or the server is upgraded.
  • FUTURE
    • Donations acceptance - Now up on TolkienCraft.com (see OP)
    • Chat - Narrowing down chat and/or VOIP integration

Again, thank you everyone for your patience. Happy Holidays!

Last edited:

Eclipsd

Jul 29, 2019
Where would I post a crash report? I am unable to play this modpack, as it does not start up. I downloaded the modpack via the ftb client, and subsequently attempted to launch it. Upon launching, the launcher itself closed, then the console window itself closed shortly thereafter.

EDIT:
Crash log. http://pastebin.com/eDc0N83B
My computer seems to be allergic to force updating, as the button does nothing after being pressed. Learned how to force update on ftb, slamming face into desk.

Last edited:

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
I'm seriously lost, sorry about it. I'll start scouring Youtube next. I cannot figure out how to unlock the troll quest in the hqm questbook. There's fetch quests, which don't exactly bring much coin, and basically building up. Chald opens the custom npcs quest for the troll, but not the book. Help?
the troll quest comes from the guard commandant Chald after you kill the bandits

it is not in the book

it is a customNPC quest

Ogreboy

Jul 29, 2019
To all the reports of the creative anything...what are you doing exactly when this happens? I have yet been able to replicate this and on the server we had a reset of quests and twice through this not gotten a creative anything...
I had same problem with Hardened flux capacitor. I believe that i press middle mouse click to auto-sort things and it turned into creative capacitor. It all happened during my recordings so you can see exactly what is going on. I believe its in episode 11 that is being uploaded.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
It is items from the Artifacts mod that repairs other items. I just watched my Hardened Flux Capacitor(item 5548:3) change into a Leadstone Flux Capacitor(5548:2). Then a Tuberous Flux Capacitor(5548:1). And finally a Creative Flux Capacitor(5548:0).
Ohh, that would make sense, as most tools store their damage value via metadata, which is what separates blocks in a lot of mods. This could actually do a lot of damage if left unchecked.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh, that would make sense, as most tools store their damage value via metadata, which is what separates blocks in a lot of mods. This could actually do a lot of damage if left unchecked.

Well one option might be to replace TE with EIO. That would fix the problem and EIO is a lot more generally useful mod that TE. Plus it has a generator powered by booze. That just screams fine dwarven construction. :D

Oh and that it has nothing to do with me really wanting EIO in the pack. :p

Last edited:

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019

I sent a PM to Draco18s on this but I have no idea if he checks PMs or is overloaded with PMs.

I deleted my post since this can be exploited and am going to PM GreatOrator about it.

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
And speaking of making changes to the pack why is...
Ok, I was going to ask why genetics machines were included as gendestry is also in and is considered a better mod. But apparently it's now impossible to have extra bees in without genetics. There isn't even configs for it. :/

Oh and get this binnie's mod only uses MJ. As it no longer generated by any mod MJ. They have to add another mod to make that mod work. :?

Last edited:

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019

Yup, can confirm that the Artifacts 'Iron Amulet of Repair' [4493] (for one) has this transforming 'repairing' effect on both flux capacitors and energy cells, just by holding it in the hotbar - repeatable both in my single-player world and on the server.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, can confirm that the Artifacts 'Iron Amulet of Repair' [4493] (for one) has this transforming 'repairing' effect on both flux capacitors and energy cells, just by holding it in the hotbar - repeatable both in my single-player world and on the server.

Ok, quick everybody go searching for repair artifacts and hide the creative stuff when you are done. :D

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what's going on with my middle earth, I don't know if it's even complete so that could be what's wrong, but based on what I'm seeing other people have been able to play in middle earth. When I got to middle earth I started flying around and went to a waypoint, nothing was their. Then I flew to a river, but before I even got to it I was in an ocean biome where there should have been land. Apperently the map isn't working right and I'd like to know how/if I can fix it.
If the Middle-Earth map derps up, you can replace it with the one in the template folder to reset.
Where would I post a crash report? I am unable to play this modpack, as it does not start up. I downloaded the modpack via the ftb client, and subsequently attempted to launch it. Upon launching, the launcher itself closed, then the console window itself closed shortly thereafter.
That would be a possible launcher issue if that is happening...first try to download the pack from a different location and force update, if that doesn't work, report to the ftb launcher team.
I'll report to Draco as well...Probably why I have not replicated it to this point as I don't use the repair amulets (too slow for me) Thanks everyone!