Parahumans: the First Dawn

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
[Hospital]
"You'd have thought I'd have been better suited for something like this - every night shift in a rough neighbourhood is an invitation for someone to try and stab me. Nevertheless here I am, hospitalised just like you. I guess none of us were really ready for this huh?"

As much as my words seems companionable, my stomach feels hollow. No matter what this kid might say, however nice he's trying to be, he doesn't understand. I am alone. I've been alone for the past ten years, looking in on the world whilst drifting through it, the nauseous feeling of separation building up only to be washed away by another drunken binge and a casual fling. I feel like a ghost in a living world, untouched by all but the sharpest of sensations.

The room feels suffocating all of a sudden, and I feel a desperate need to get out, to be anywhere other than here, to run from my feelings of the past. I feel soiled, not just from my swim in the Thames, but by my existence. I consider calling the nurse, but I'm too fragile right now. After everything that's happened the last thing that I need is to break down again in with someone watching. I climb out of bed, and realise that I probably ought to say something to ...Christopher.

"Erm...I'm going out for a walk. I'd offer for you to join, but I don't think you'd appreciate it. If anyone comes looking, tell them that I'm fine and I'll be back in a bit."

That said, I have to physically concentrate to stop myself just running out the room and to force myself to walk calmly. As soon as the door shuts behind me, I dash off, in search of a shower that I can use to try and make myself feel clean again.

|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|

I sighed heavily, watching her just leave the room. She tried talking me into her apparent calmness, but something felt wrong. I couldn't do much, considering the state of my leg -- not that I would run after her, but I honestly don't think she got the full picture, and personally, I strongly believe that lack of information is one of the most easily avoidable errors someone is able to take. I opened my mouth, to say something, but gave up after thinking about it: if just wants space, that's completely understandable, I just don't want to get into trouble. "Lorna Bales", I'll need to remember this name.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|

I sighed heavily, watching her just leave the room. She tried talking me into her apparent calmness, but something felt wrong. I couldn't do much, considering the state of my leg -- not that I would run after her, but I honestly don't think she got the full picture, and personally, I strongly believe that lack of information is one of the most easily avoidable errors someone is able to take. I opened my mouth, to say something, but gave up after thinking about it: if just wants space, that's completely understandable, I just don't want to get into trouble. "Lorna Bales", I'll need to remember this name.
[Hospital]
It didn't take me too long to find a shower. I locked myself in and turned the heat up as high as it would go. Stripping off, I stepped into the scalding torrent without flinching. The pain cut through to me, grounded me in this world like few other things could. I thoroughly cleaned myself, washing away the traces of the Thames that clung to my skin and hair. I continued to scrub even after I was clean, as if soap and water could somehow wash away all the filth of those years. I scrubbed and scrubbed until I gave up and collapsed on the floor of the shower.

As the hot water rained down on me, I tried to make sense of what had happened, of what I had been, and of what I was now. It seemed like Lorna Bales could no longer continue to be just another Homicide detective. I may even have to resign, depending on what happens next. The thought saddened me more than expected - the people who worked there had been fantastic for my stability over the past few years, although they had no idea.

I lost track of time sat in the shower - I have no idea how long it had been by the time I dried myself off and headed back to the room. I paused with my hand on the doorknob, wondering whether I should just leave, disappear from Christopher's life. He'd probably miss me for a little while, but he wouldn't overly worry over someone he'd only just met. Nevertheless, something in me makes me turn the handle. Although I learnt long ago not to trust my intuition, he seemed pleasant enough, innocuous. Besides, what could he do to me with a broken leg?

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Simon's Apartment|

At first, she is about to retort, but stops even before he closes the door. It was still pretty early in the morning, so it made sense that he wanted to wake up properly. Plus, he was right - she needed to get a bow of her own, which would hopefully be made of something bendable, yet durable. The hardest wood there is comes to mind for a moment, but she decides that if she was going to make a bow, she was going to make it the best she could. Going back to wood would probably be both a good and bad choice.

Hopefully she could find something to adapt for the fact that she wore gloves. Those things had saved her life more than once, especially when dealing with weird chemicals. Wait, who was she thinking to again? She'd been standing there for about 15 seconds before she snapped to reality that the door was closed, and suddenly felt incredibly embarrassed. And so, the quest for a proper bow began.

Though wood was still pretty cool.

|Hospital|

Before she had actually started work on the bow, she found the part that she needed to finish Watson's robotic leg while searching around for the materials and spare parts to make her bow out of. She quietly opens the door to his room, closing it behind her slowly, hoping that Watson wasn't awake - and almost immediately cringes as she sees him still fully awake, and writing at that.

Last edited:

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Simon's Apartment|

At first, she is about to retort, but stops even before he closes the door. It was still pretty early in the morning, so it made sense that he wanted to wake up properly. Plus, he was right - she needed to get a bow of her own, which would hopefully be made of something bendable, yet durable. The hardest wood there is comes to mind for a moment, but she decides that if she was going to make a bow, she was going to make it the best she could. Going back to wood would probably be both a good and bad choice.

Hopefully she could find something to adapt for the fact that she wore gloves. Those things had saved her life more than once, especially when dealing with weird chemicals. Wait, who was she thinking to again? She'd been standing there for about 15 seconds before she snapped to reality that the door was closed, and suddenly felt incredibly embarrassed. And so, the quest for a proper bow began.

Though wood was still pretty cool.

|Hospital|

Before she had actually started work on the bow, she found the part that she needed to finish Watson's robotic leg while searching around for the materials and spare parts to make her bow out of. She quietly opens the door to his room, closing it behind her slowly, hoping that Watson wasn't awake - and almost immediately cringes as she sees him still fully awake, and writing at that.

|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|

I glanced at the door opening, seeing Esaias was, unexpected, to say the least. I stopped writing, and moving only my eyes, I looked at her. Sighing, I said, slightly disappointed:

-"I guess you decided not to sleep, then..." -I turned my attention back to the paper, and started writing again.
Who am I to boss her around, anyways? I just was just worried, that's all -- I guess the stereotype stands correct, after all: smart people really don't need sleep, get them a cup of coffee and they'll keep on doing their thing for God knows how long.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

Though the disappointment was slight, it definitely hurt. She had never really liked lying, even if it was for a good reason, but that only made her emotions all the more potent in the end. Either way, she practically felt like that small moment where he looked at her bore into her skull. "Yeah, not really. I've pretty much developed a really weird sleeping pattern at this point, whenever it even decides to happen anyway... sorry for lying. I just didn't want you to feel bad or anything. But taking a break from the exo-leg was actually a nice mental rest, either way." She smiles, then walks over, setting the final part into place.

Then, she gazes around the room, looking at the mess she made. "Wow. I didn't really notice how much stuff I left around... I should probably get this cleaned up." Esaias starts picking up the random odds and ends she had left about, be it blueprints, books on anatomy and robotics, or just generally her own stuff. As she picks up the 5th page, however, she glances over to him. "Whatcha writing?"

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

Though the disappointment was slight, it definitely hurt. She had never really liked lying, even if it was for a good reason, but that only made her emotions all the more potent in the end. Either way, she practically felt like that small moment where he looked at her bore into her skull. "Yeah, not really. I've pretty much developed a really weird sleeping pattern at this point, whenever it even decides to happen anyway... sorry for lying. I just didn't want you to feel bad or anything. But taking a break from the exo-leg was actually a nice mental rest, either way." She smiles, then walks over, setting the final part into place.

|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|

I should've figured, as well, but if she actually were to faint over something, I'd feel incredibly guilty, I don't even like to think of what I'd do if she were to hurt herself, because of me -- I've 'caused enough suffering to rot a lifetime, and I wouldn't be too keen on causing more. And honestly enough, I'm not the best handler of lies, specially from someone who I care about.

-"Just, please, don't do it again." -I sighed- "Just tell me you're not going to do it, just don't lie".
I don't have the best of history with lies -- who does, really? But I somehow feel like they affect me more than they should, specially when considering I'm quite a forgiving person. I'll not go too hard on her, she meant well, but still.

Then, she gazes around the room, looking at the mess she made. "Wow. I didn't really notice how much stuff I left around... I should probably get this cleaned up." Esaias starts picking up the random odds and ends she had left about, be it blueprints, books on anatomy and robotics, or just generally her own stuff. As she picks up the 5th page, however, she glances over to him. "Whatcha' writing?"

I've been holding this pen for so long, I've almost started writing unconsciously -- it probably won't be my best work, that's for sure.

-"It's complicated, I sometimes do this thing, where I just to write whatever is in my mind at the moment. You can call it a diary, I suppose. Though I tend to just throw most of the pages away." -I chuckled faintly- "It's enough to distract myself, I guess."​

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

She could understand why he sounded so disappointed about her lying - most of the time, she would lie to people about her past that were curious enough to know, since it was such a fragile subject, and natural curiosity would probably get the better of them and start asking questions. The only reason she had really told him everything was because he was... so much like her, and it pretty much sent her into an emotional breakdown as a result. In the long run, though, she felt better than she had in a while.

Esaias smiles faintly for a moment as he explains to her his writing habit. "I sort of do the same thing with inventing. It's sort of like a story, to me at least. The object I create during that moment represents everything that happened on that day, or at least in that timeframe." She looks at one of her papers for a moment before placing it with the others, still cleaning up the mess. "And I guess what's why I leave messes around like this one. Each invention I make is a dedication to the person or people that it's meant for, in a way..."

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

She could understand why he sounded so disappointed about her lying - most of the time, she would lie to people about her past that were curious enough to know, since it was such a fragile subject, and natural curiosity would probably get the better of them and start asking questions. The only reason she had really told him everything was because he was... so much like her, and it pretty much sent her into an emotional breakdown as a result. In the long run, though, she felt better than she had in a while.

Esaias smiles faintly for a moment as he explains to her his writing habit. "I sort of do the same thing with inventing. It's sort of like a story, to me at least. The object I create during that moment represents everything that happened on that day, or at least in that timeframe." She looks at one of her papers for a moment before placing it with the others, still cleaning up the mess. "And I guess what's why I leave messes around like this one. Each invention I make is a dedication to the person or people that it's meant for, in a way..."

|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|

I think I might have blushed to her comment, I'm not entirely sure -- there's no way to confirm it, but I certainly feel a warm sensation in my cheeks. I try to just shove it off, by simply not reacting to it. "Dedication to the person it's meant for", that's noble, it really is. Putting so much time and resources into a project just for the sake of having the pleasure to see a smile, I wouldn't count on too many people doing that for someone. Though I still don't feel good putting her to something like this, this much work when she could be focusing on something else, something more important.

-"You do know you don't need to do this, right?" -I said, awkwardly- "I'll recover eventually... And, believe me, you already helped a lot."
I guess I'm still not used to this whole "having someone care about you" thing, and I'm not really sure if I'll get used to it this quickly. When I used to leave with my grandparents, the closest they would get to actually looking after me is when my granddad decided to help me practice on the piano -- apart from that, I lived pretty much on my on, when I wasn't taking care of them, for a change. And well, after they died, I started missing their presence, somehow. I'll stop overthinking this for now, it's not really important. I'll tried hiding my face from hers, waiting for the warm sensation on my face to dissipate.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

That statement definitely came to her surprise a bit, as a blush of warmth comes onto her face. It was almost like he didn't quite really understand that she WANTED to do this - yes, it may have taken up a lot of her time, but she still wanted to do it nonetheless, as both a token of her gratitude for him saving her his own injuries, and as a representation of her love. Wait, did she just admit to herself that this was out of love? Her blush only grows deeper and she pulls her hood forward a bit more, hoping to hide it from him as she finishes picking up the mess, and sits down next to him, sorting it back into her backpack.

"I do, but I want to do this. Seems like you're having a bit of a hard time accepting that, though, and I can definitely understand why. I... haven't been in a serious relationship before either..."

Esaias nervously pushes a strand of hair back into place behind her ear, hoping to keep both his and her own attention off the blush so it would leave her cheeks. Not many emotions overcame her in this sort of fashion, but it was usually the ones that she was the least experienced with, and more often than not they caused an emotional breakdown... but this one didn't. It was a peculiar, but warm and comfy feeling. She could tell that this was definitely going to be a nice experience for her - at least if nothing went wrong, hopefully.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

That statement definitely came to her surprise a bit, as a blush of warmth comes onto her face. It was almost like he didn't quite really understand that she WANTED to do this - yes, it may have taken up a lot of her time, but she still wanted to do it nonetheless, as both a token of her gratitude for him saving her his own injuries, and as a representation of her love. Wait, did she just admit to herself that this was out of love? Her blush only grows deeper and she pulls her hood forward a bit more, hoping to hide it from him as she finishes picking up the mess, and sits down next to him, sorting it back into her backpack.

"I do, but I want to do this. Seems like you're having a bit of a hard time accepting that, though, and I can definitely understand why. I... haven't been in a serious relationship before either..."

Esaias nervously pushes a strand of hair back into place behind her ear, hoping to keep both his and her own attention off the blush so it would leave her cheeks. Not many emotions overcame her in this sort of fashion, but it was usually the ones that she was the least experienced with, and more often than not they caused an emotional breakdown... but this one didn't. It was a peculiar, but warm and comfy feeling. She could tell that this was definitely going to be a nice experience for her - at least if nothing went wrong, hopefully.

|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|

Christ, the meaning behind these words. I just can't shake this feeling of uneasiness off of me. At this point I'm just writing random words at the paper, I couldn't keep myself focused -- I try to reestablish my mind into place, fixing my posture on the bed, I open my mouth a few seconds before I actually start speaking:

-"If you're so sure... Just don't overwork yourself, alright?" -I hear the second part of her phrase, and the uneasiness I was fighting starts to grow, just slightly- "I really wish I could say the same." -That phrase came out way more depressing than I've originally planned.
It is a fragile topic, to be fair. But I'm not entirely sure what me talking about it would sound like, for one, I don't know if it'll be a good idea to bring topics like this up so early on, it sounds unnecessary, even more when considering I never was the "taking things off the chest" type, but at the other hand, I feel like she deserves to know. I'll guess I'll just wait. I coughed.

-"So, how's progress going?" -I attempted a change of subject.​

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

She could practically feel the awkwardness floating in the room as they spoke to one another. While she was curious what had happened to him before that caused him to act this way, she didn't want him to feel uncomfortable. Heaven knows she wouldn't want to tell someone about her own past, either. It just sort of... happened, anyway. But at least it lead to something nice, right? That's pretty much the best she could ask for nowadays, from any situation.

"Well, it's pretty much done. Now I just gotta clean everything up, make sure that it works correctly, and then you should be able to use it just fine. A word of advice, don't do anything with your leg that you obviously couldn't do with it broken, like a kick or anything like that. The only thing this leg does is take the weight out of it so you can walk."

Esaias chuckles before leaning over, giving him a light kiss on the cheek, hoping to calm him down as she continues to sort everything through her backpack with a blush on her cheeks. She really hoped to herself that she didn't build the leg wrong or anything - that would probably be the worst thing that could happen at this rate. While she wouldn't really mind rebuilding the entire thing from scratch, Mekhan wouldn't really be too happy with her wasting materials, especially expensive ones like titanium. Lucky for her today wasn't a workday, so she could make sure everything went smoothly.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

She could practically feel the awkwardness floating in the room as they spoke to one another. While she was curious what had happened to him before that caused him to act this way, she didn't want him to feel uncomfortable. Heaven knows she wouldn't want to tell someone about her own past, either. It just sort of... happened, anyway. But at least it lead to something nice, right? That's pretty much the best she could ask for nowadays, from any situation.

"Well, it's pretty much done. Now I just gotta clean everything up, make sure that it works correctly, and then you should be able to use it just fine. A word of advice, don't do anything with your leg that you obviously couldn't do with it broken, like a kick or anything like that. The only thing this leg does is take the weight out of it so you can walk."

Esaias chuckles before leaning over, giving him a light kiss on the cheek, hoping to calm him down as she continues to sort everything through her backpack with a blush on her cheeks. She really hoped to herself that she didn't build the leg wrong or anything - that would probably be the worst thing that could happen at this rate. While she wouldn't really mind rebuilding the entire thing from scratch, Mekhan wouldn't really be too happy with her wasting materials, especially expensive ones like titanium. Lucky for her today wasn't a workday, so she could make sure everything went smoothly.

|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|

The pen almost fell of my hand when she said it was done, I couldn't even begin to fathom how she has done in so little time. Countless years reading books, and I still underestimate people -- I guess after seeing something like this, I'll most likely try to change that.

-"Woah, a-already?" -The surprise in my voice was plainly obvious, maybe too obvious.
I smiled shyly to the kiss, someday I'll kiss her back, I hope -- when we're done with this whole situation, we can start focusing on ourselves again. Anyway, it really is impressive, her finishing this off in just one day, I was expecting weeks of work, not days -- or, a day, apparently.

-"Oh, and don't worry, I never really was the kicking type." - I chuckled, looking at the exoskeleton-like metal leg- "I wonder how much getting used to that'll take." -I started thinking out loud.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

She smiled and shrugged as she finished sorting everything, and zips up the backpack to take to Mekhan's when she has the time. For right now, she had to make sure it worked and that she didn't have to redesign the entire thing. Which she hoped she wouldn't, cause that would be pretty embarrassing, let alone with it being purposed for someone like him. ...she really needed to learn how to restrain herself from making herself anxious with that kind of thinking.

"Yep. I had to work on it all night, but I got it done. Everyone else can use crutches and such, but since you have a broken rib... eh, that's not really the best idea, which is why something like this is important. And probably not very much - all you gotta do is put your leg in, I'll strap the net around it so it keeps it suspended in the air, lock the foot into the bottom so it still moves, and that should pretty much be it." Esaias says, proud of her invention. "The only problem I really had was finding a light, yet strong material to deal with body weight. Just tell me whenever you're ready to put it on and we'll try it out."

Softly, she smiles at him, before going through a few of the design plans that she had written out. It was certainly a weird mix of modern and old technology. Then, she picks out the only spare page that she hadn't used, placing the others back, and starts sketching out a small diagram of how it should work, just to make sure that she didn't miss anything.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

She smiled and shrugged as she finished sorting everything, and zips up the backpack to take to Mekhan's when she has the time. For right now, she had to make sure it worked and that she didn't have to redesign the entire thing. Which she hoped she wouldn't, cause that would be pretty embarrassing, let alone with it being purposed for someone like him. ...she really needed to learn how to restrain herself from making herself anxious with that kind of thinking.

"Yep. I had to work on it all night, but I got it done. Everyone else can use crutches and such, but since you have a broken rib... eh, that's not really the best idea, which is why something like this is important. And probably not very much - all you gotta do is put your leg in, I'll strap the net around it so it keeps it suspended in the air, lock the foot into the bottom so it still moves, and that should pretty much be it." Esaias says, proud of her invention. "The only problem I really had was finding a light, yet strong material to deal with body weight. Just tell me whenever you're ready to put it on and we'll try it out."

Softly, she smiles at him, before going through a few of the design plans that she had written out. It was certainly a weird mix of modern and old technology. Then, she picks out the only spare page that she hadn't used, placing the others back, and starts sketching out a small diagram of how it should work, just to make sure that she didn't miss anything.

|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|

I heard her explanation impressed to say the least.

-"Whenever you're ready" -I replied with a smile.​

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

She nods at him as she finishes sketching it out, and sets the book down next to her. She gets up, walking over to the exo-leg, and carefully wrapping her arm around the joint, picking it up with the other and carrying it over, setting it down next to his leg. The size was actually surprisingly close to his own leg, which would've been her first problem if it hadn't been modeled correctly, and she smiles.

"Alright, so, hopefully this shouldn't hurt, but I'm going to have to fit your leg into the frame. If it does hurt, it shouldn't last for very long... I-I think."

Slowly, she reaches over, and pulls his leg out of the hang that was keeping it propped up into the air, and fits it into the frame very carefully, almost cringing at the idea of causing him pain during the procedure. Though this would save him a lot of pain in the long run, she felt bad just giving him pain in the short run in the first place. After all, this was designed to keep him from pain, not cause more of it.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

She nods at him as she finishes sketching it out, and sets the book down next to her. She gets up, walking over to the exo-leg, and carefully wrapping her arm around the joint, picking it up with the other and carrying it over, setting it down next to his leg. The size was actually surprisingly close to his own leg, which would've been her first problem if it hadn't been modeled correctly, and she smiles.

"Alright, so, hopefully this shouldn't hurt, but I'm going to have to fit your leg into the frame. If it does hurt, it shouldn't last for very long... I-I think."

Slowly, she reaches over, and pulls his leg out of the hang that was keeping it propped up into the air, and fits it into the frame very carefully, almost cringing at the idea of causing him pain during the procedure. Though this would save him a lot of pain in the long run, she felt bad just giving him pain in the short run in the first place. After all, this was designed to keep him from pain, not cause more of it.

|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|

It stung a bit, however, it didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would -- I guess whatever the fracture may have been, it wasn't too severe. I adjusted myself in the bed as much as possible, trying to help in the whole process. Did she measure my leg while I was sleeping? It's surprisingly accurate, which is good, I suppose -- it really would be a shame if she had to remodel it, though I wouldn't blame her of course, even more when considering the surprisingly small amount of time she actually took to make it. I cringed just slightly as my knee started to bend to fit into the exo-leg, nothing major really, as I said before, I was expecting the process to be way worse. As my foot touched the cold metal end of the exo-leg, I held my breath for a few seconds, analyzing it, seeing if it was working.

-"I guess the net is next, correct?" -At this point I was sat at the side of the bed, looking for whatever in that may look like a net. Though I might not be able to reach, considering my broken rib, we'll see.​

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

A soft smile comes onto her face as she watches how smooth the procedure goes. It was clear that there wasn't too much pain, otherwise he wouldn't be doing much more than cringing at unexpected, small moments of pain. It was a good thing that it didn't hurt that much - either the broken leg injury was minor and would heal more quickly than they thought, or the leg would work almost perfectly. And that definitely took away some of her anxiety, and she almost lets out a breath she had been holding in that entire time all at once out of pure relief, but instead does it slowly to regulate herself. Still had to get the net on and clamp the foot down to the bottom of the leg.

"Indeed it is. And it should be a lot less painful than it was getting the frame on." Esaias chuckles softly with a smile.

She reaches over, grabbing what looked similar to the velcro wrap they would put around one's arm to measure vitals, and she leans down, wrapping it around his lower leg. "This should be pretty easy to put on once you get used to it." She uses a small air compressor to slowly blow it up, and stops once it has a firm grip on his leg, then sealing it off. "Hopefully that level of compression on your leg shouldn't hurt too much, but you'll probably get used to it eventually. I can deflate it a little if it hurts, if you want..."

Esaias extends a few straps that were built into the frame, attaching them via hooks to the net, and then retracts them all a little to negate the weight he was putting on his leg. Then, she takes his foot and pulls it down just a little, setting it down onto the surface at the bottom, and locks in a few metal restraints to keep it in place. "Aaand... done!"

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

A soft smile comes onto her face as she watches how smooth the procedure goes. It was clear that there wasn't too much pain, otherwise he wouldn't be doing much more than cringing at unexpected, small moments of pain. It was a good thing that it didn't hurt that much - either the broken leg injury was minor and would heal more quickly than they thought, or the leg would work almost perfectly. And that definitely took away some of her anxiety, and she almost lets out a breath she had been holding in that entire time all at once out of pure relief, but instead does it slowly to regulate herself. Still had to get the net on and clamp the foot down to the bottom of the leg.

"Indeed it is. And it should be a lot less painful than it was getting the frame on." Esaias chuckles softly with a smile.

She reaches over, grabbing what looked similar to the velcro wrap they would put around one's arm to measure vitals, and she leans down, wrapping it around his lower leg. "This should be pretty easy to put on once you get used to it." She uses a small air compressor to slowly blow it up, and stops once it has a firm grip on his leg, then sealing it off. "Hopefully that level of compression on your leg shouldn't hurt too much, but you'll probably get used to it eventually. I can deflate it a little if it hurts, if you want..."

Esaias extends a few straps that were built into the frame, attaching them via hooks to the net, and then retracts them all a little to negate the weight he was putting on his leg. Then, she takes his foot and pulls it down just a little, setting it down onto the surface at the bottom, and locks in a few metal restraints to keep it in place. "Aaand... done!"

|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|

And it's done -- I should test it now, I suppose. And it's surprisingly less painful than what I've imagined, the pressure does sting a bit around my ankle, but apart from that, it's pretty close to perfect! I start trying moving my foot back and forwards a bit, it felt just slightly heavier than what it was without, but that's to be expected, considering the weight of the exo-leg itself, and the fact that I haven't moved my actual leg in the last two days -- I'll get used to it, I think. When I started trying to move my leg is where I started cringing just a bit more, though, again, it wasn't nearly as bad as I imagined it to be. The exo-leg seemed to be doing pretty much ninety percent of the work, which was really impressive.

-"So, it actually works..."-I chuckle almost inconceivably, turning my head in her direction- "Does this mean we're even?"- I said, in a playful tone.​

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

Curiously, she watches him test her invention, and a soft smile starts to grow on her face as she watches him get used to it, and her invention work almost exactly as she expected. That didn't really happen to often nowadays, but it was a pretty simple machine, so that was to be expected. Hopefully it would allow him to move around just fine without interrupting the healing process of his broken leg, but that information would come as time passed. She walks up to him, hands clasped together as she leans up and gives him a smooch on the cheek, blushing and looking towards the floor.

"Well, I wouldn't say it makes us even, but... at least close to it." Esaias says playfully. "So, um... you want to maybe... go and get some lunch together?" She raises her head up, looking into his eyes anxiously.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

Curiously, she watches him test her invention, and a soft smile starts to grow on her face as she watches him get used to it, and her invention work almost exactly as she expected. That didn't really happen to often nowadays, but it was a pretty simple machine, so that was to be expected. Hopefully it would allow him to move around just fine without interrupting the healing process of his broken leg, but that information would come as time passed. She walks up to him, hands clasped together as she leans up and gives him a smooch on the cheek, blushing and looking towards the floor.

"Well, I wouldn't say it makes us even, but... at least close to it." Esaias says playfully. "So, um... you want to maybe... go and get some lunch together?" She raises her head up, looking into his eyes anxiously.

|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|
I smile warmly in response to the kiss, blushing again, a little less, compared to the last time -- it's about time to get used to it, I suppose. I chuckle in response to my own thoughts, I look back at her, hearing her request. I chuckled again, when she finishes talking, her eyes, full of anxiety were downright adorable. I carefully push a strand of her hair that had fallen in front of her eye back to behind her ear, and with just a slight amount of effort, I managed to get up, and as my feet got used to feeling the ground again, I raised my hand in her direction, offering her help to get up.

-"Sure, I'm starving." - I empathized the last word, smiling playfully.​