Modpack Release

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
So, if I manually add in a couple of Reika's mods to aid my quest until I'm resourceful enough to shoot for GregTech, will I have screwed up things completely? Will it even work?
Not sure exactly what you mean, but assuming the game boots and runs, you won't be getting the gameplay experience that Greg or Reika intended.
As someone who has played a pack with RotaryCraft and GregTech, they do not play nicely gameplay-wise. It basically makes you able to completely ignore all of GT once you get a few of the steam machines.

re2000

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure exactly what you mean, but assuming the game boots and runs, you won't be getting the gameplay experience that Greg or Reika intended.
Once I thought that almost any mod would destroy Rotarycraft's gameplay and balance, but then I saw some of Reika's world tour videos and I was inspired. He even uses those rf to rotarycraft dynamos and engines and has loads of cross-mod "exploits". I'm just defending RotaryCraft, I can't say the same about Greg.

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I guess I'm not sure why TE is here. I mean I know Ultimate but I'm not sure that TE is the same now as it was then. RF power really has no place in a GT pack as it's just to easy and kind of breaks the feel IMHO.

I could be completely wrong here. Not trying to tell anybody what to do. Just giving my opinion on what it feels like.

Last edited:

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Ok someone fix the ores (the correct mining levels so not that nobdoy thinks that by default you can mine all ores in GT it makes me sad) and get Thermal expansion to be atleast middle game creating it less efficent and useful as most GT machines are better than (in most cases) ANY thermal expansion machine (expect steam and LV and nobody is going to touch GT when they get TE machines going so, even though they are not good at all when comparing the GT machinery), and the railcraft blast furnace should not be able to create steel (if the extra utilities generators are unghanced change them at instant or delete them, There is enough OP RF generation so make some of the RF generation less efficent) and disable the AE2 grinder (as when everyone gets all TE it's basicly the end of the pack so just god damn delete the damn thing if you can't make it actually a mid game mod (just do something to it so we don't have a standard stubid stubborn modpack again made from clone of other modpacks, TE kills modpacks because everyone thinks they have all things they would ever get in this modpack when they have all the TE they wanted, if this is not true to you, youre a filthy cheater) and some GT nerfs could be brought back (not really a issue) so... i think that is all i got right now, would be nice if someone does these, as they will make the modpack a better experience and expand it's lifetime just over all. BTW i did beta test this pack... so i do know the guy bunny who fucked up the ore gen, Blame retep from the GT forums.

I like the Ore-Gen. It makes it so that you're not having to explore for HOURS just to find a mountain high enough to make even a little Bronze. Many players would probably just quit before that.

As for TE- maybe nerf the standard machine frame down to requiring bronze. I think removing it and calling it broken is just a little far.

Just remember- this is a pack based off Ultimate. Not Gregtech. I managed to make quite a lot in Ultimate, without ever touching Gregtech.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Ah. When you said oregen, I thought you just meant the levels at which they spawn. Not the exceptionally derpy ores themselves.

Just try to put one on a Carpenters block and break it. Go on :p

As for tin, config says
Code:
I:MaxHeight_120=120
I:MinHeight_40=40
I:MinHeight_80=80
As I could never find any underground, I assumed the higher MinHeight was correct.

Also, I meant buff. not Nerf. Bronze is harder to get than iron. My bad. Please don't put me in the corner again!

Last edited:

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
That wasn't really my intention with the post, my point was that everyone in this thread is everyone saying what should be in the modpack and everyone is saying something different for the most part. There is no solid answer to what should and shouldn't be included in this or any modpack, what I don't really like is when people, as happened quite a bit in this thread tell us that we are incorrect for not including or indeed including a mod.

We made these decisions for a reason and while suggestions are welcome there is no correct way to do this, there is however a correct way to suggest things. And it's not by telling us we've done it wrong.

Don't get me wrong we're not afraid to admit when we've made mistakes (as I've done in this thread, we should have made a kitchen sink pack sooner) but there needs to be solid reasoning and a bit more time spent before we blindly include mods.

On another note thank you for the kind words guys but you really have @tfox83 to thank for this pack more than me!

I would make more indepth suggestions but I need information. Hence why my posts are more questions along the lines of: "Why ExU?", "Why MFR?" and "Why not BR?", "Why no EIO?" Without knowing the stance of "Why?" there is realy no point trying to explain why they should or shoudnt be there. Additionally, an anouncment topic is realy not the place to provide such feedback, wich hooks into "Why was there no suggestion topic?". Such a topic would be a great place to lay out the goals of the pack and the idealogy. Both of wich we do not have. So again, whats the point trying to suggest annything if we dont have the information required to make said suggestions?

+1 for comming around and actually making public your interesting in feedback. Now I suggest you take the extra step and make a proper suggestion topic for the Ressurection modpack outlining what the goals are so we can actually give proper feedback. As after all, making a pack for the public is much like a dialog:

Dialog example:

FTB) Hey guys, we are interested in making a modpack centered around *insert theme*. What would you like like to see? What are your ideas?

Community) Well *insert mod* would be great! Config for this and that for *insert reasons*​

FTB) Hey guys, we have an alpha version of the pack. We have included *insert modlist* but have concerns about *insert mods*. We would like some playtesting so we can hit our mark. We are also waiting on *insert mods*.

Community) Well maybe do *insert config/mod suggestions* because *insert reasons*.​

FTB) Right guys, we have hit Beta. We have settled on this *insert modlist*. We didnt include *insert mod* for *insert reasons* and maneged to fix *insert problems* by doing *insert solution* And are mostly looking for anny remaining bugs.

Community) Hey we found *insert bugs*​

FTB) Great we fixed the bugs and are now offically released!

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
No "WHY YOU NO ?" discussion is complete without the obligatory:

y-u-no-guy.jpg

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Ah. When you said oregen, I thought you just meant the levels at which they spawn. Not the exceptionally derpy ores themselves.

Just try to put one on a Carpenters block and break it. Go on :p

As for tin, config says
Code:
I:MaxHeight_120=120
I:MinHeight_40=40
I:MinHeight_80=80
As I could never find any underground, I assumed the higher MinHeight was correct.

Also, I meant buff. not Nerf. Bronze is harder to get than iron. My bad. Please don't put me in the corner again!
The default hight changed a few versions of GT ago. Min height 40 is now the right one, the 80 does not work anymore. It was lowered since many complained about not finding any tin ores.

Reactions: Bashful Giant

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Just so everyone knows, I do follow this thread and I do take everyones suggestions and note them. However I can't add every mod that is suggested for various reasons. I plan on doing a reddit AMA on FTB Resurrestion in the next couple of days. I will be sure to post here when I figure out a date/time. Hopefully many of your questions will be answered. Please remember this pack is in alpha and big updates are on the way with tons more custom changes and fixes to improve gameplay and the pack overall.

A lot of people ask why no Extra Bees. Short answer the mod dev is AFK and the mod is not updated anymore. It does not play nice with gregtech and a few other things in the pack like the newer versions of BC/ExU and Foresty. The team is working on importing all the bees/traits from extra bees into Gendustry, once this is finished I will add it into Resurrestion.

When this project started the idea was to replace FTB Ultimate in a 1.7 environment, however once I started building the pack I soon discovered that was impossible due to the sheer number of changes in mods and some mods no longer being available. But I still use Utimate as inspiration for this pack, and hope by beta/release I can achieve a similar "game play" feel.

Mods that will not be included and the reasons:
EnderIO - breaks GT progression and too redundant to TE. Also uses more resources than TE in an SMP environment.
Binnies Mods - Read 2nd paragraph
Tinkers Construct - really doesn't have a fit and GT offers some pretty nice tools that are very similar.
-will expand on this list during AMA.

Mods to be added
-Funky Locomotion
-Thermal Dynamics or FluxDucts...whatever the name will be.
-Modular Powersuits
-and a few more I don't want to disclose until further testing is completed.

Changes-
-Tool Mining Levels will be assigned to all ore (no more wooden pick axes to get diamond ore)
-TE will be custom balanced to fit GT progression.
-and lots more!

In short I didn't want to make this pack too difficult but it seems that is what people want. After reading a lot of feed back I may shift course with this pack and focus more on GT integration with most of the mods. I would like to get everyone's opinion on that of course. So could everyone please post what direction you would like to see this pack go, and not what mods need to be added or removed. Thank you!

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
In short I didn't want to make this pack too difficult but it seems that is what people want. After reading a lot of feed back I may shift course with this pack and focus more on GT integration with most of the mods. I would like to get everyone's opinion on that of course. So could everyone please post what direction you would like to see this pack go, and not what mods need to be added or removed. Thank you!

Thats pretty much the feel I was getting from this threat. Please for clarities sake mention you are remaking ultimate in the style of unhinged. That way its clear its a gregtech focussed pack unlike ultimate.

EnderIO - breaks GT progression and too redundant to TE. Also uses more resources than TE in an SMP environment.

What breaks GT progressions? And that cant be fixed with putting an enderium machine frame (you should understand that effectively puts enderIO behind TE in progression and beyond GT's bronze age)?

Also "too redundant" please....

8W4kcs9.png

Green is unique, yellow is similair but different, red is overlap. Not shown: powered tools/armor wich removes the need for MPS/RA.

Last edited:

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Well it might be unique and different but lot more simple and easy to use, which i am not really a fan of (without the danger of dying from explosions and your machines exploding as well when you put a wrong cable is not that fun, it removes the thinking part that makes some mods great)

User friendlyness does not kill creativeness. Infact, some of those EnderIO blocks would be required for some of my most creative builds (Some alternatives exist within TC/TT). Infact, i'd agrue that all automated gathering machines are a way way WAY bigger offender for killing creative builds *looks at MFR/quary's/etc*. (Note: With creative I mean an unusual thought requiring build, not creative mode) So lets remove all forms of automated resource gathering and move to autonomous activators/block breakers and funky locomotion and cogs, yes? No? Oh, because this is different? How so? To difficult?

and the SAG mill would not work for most ores (neither does TE pulverizer)

Isnt that in favor of gregtech? It means that people will sooner or later want to get into gregtech to process those ores? Whats the problem with this? Seems like a pure win as it encourages gregtech instead of forcing gregtech.

and the conduits? bit too nifty i am afraid, and they are pretty easy to manufacture in large quantities and they transport silly amounts of RF (which is pretty silly in it self),

The conduits are hardly anny different then the TE's conduits outside that they fit within 1 block space and include 16 redstone signal's. Even troughput, 20k RF/t is a problem exactly how? Its no different from multiple tiers of EU wires. Heck, with my suggestion you cant even make the wires untill you can make enderium for the SAGmill/Alloy smelter.

but yeah i got bored of easy mods so i would like this pack go to the more difficult direction, but not make it impossible to get a new player in to it, but to keep it more enjoyable in any way. Watched a video of this pack, first it was fun, but then they figured out that TE is unghanged :( and it started to feel like any other pack.

I think this explains the problem quite well. The theme in this threat seems to be that there should be a set path to take to get material x. Anny deviation taking another mod that includes RF is suddenly seen as terrible because "its all been done before" AKA playstyle and personal preference. So I ask, how does this effect you? You are not forced to use TE(or EIO). You are not forced to do annything. You can play the pack however you want!

And what breaks GT progression you ask? Any mod with easy steel and easy ore doubling such as TE, TiC, EnderIO, some Reika's mods, Mekanism and cheap ore dictionary job, cheap power gen and easy power transport.

Steel recipy has been removed from TE (even though it requires 2.29 coal as opposed to 1 with RC blastfurnace)(EIO doesnt have a steel recipy) and ore doubling of non gregtech ores causes a problem? Easy fix: increase gregtech ore to non gregtech ore ratio.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO - breaks GT progression

This doesn't have to be true. See the Infitech 2 pack for an example of EIO (and a bunch of other mods) can coexist and compliment GT.

and too redundant to TE. Also uses more resources than TE in an SMP environment.

That could be.

It almost seems like what is wanted here is Infitech 2, but on easy(ier) mode...

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
Much much more easier mode... EnderIO by it's default recipes breaks the progression, you would need to minetweak it so much to get it not to break the progression.
The problem with EnderIO is, that it only adds functionality other mods already have, the pipes are the only things that are kind of unique but way to overpowered, recipe tweaks won't help you with this one and the EnderIO. The only real reason, why people want to get this mod is to make the whole pack easier, because they really enjoy the easy piping system and are not ready for something with great game depth like the Gregtech pipes, because people always want to keep their habits even if they could try something new and maybe better.

Reactions: CELL_Technology_

retep998

NoLifeBunny
Wiki Staff
Dec 31, 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
and ore doubling of non gregtech ores causes a problem? Easy fix: increase gregtech ore to non gregtech ore ratio.
All ore is GregTech ore and GregTech itself adds processing of all ores to TE machines. Therefore the only solution to ore doubling being easy via other means is to make those other means have recipes whose cost is inversely proportional to their ease of use.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
All ore is GregTech ore and GregTech itself adds processing of all ores to TE machines. Therefore the only solution to ore doubling being easy via other means is to make those other means have recipes whose cost is inversely proportional to their ease of use.

Perhaps quoting the right target will help? Since I am basing it of the information provided in this very topic.

The problem with EnderIO is, that it only adds functionality other mods already have, the pipes are the only things that are kind of unique but way to overpowered, recipe tweaks won't help you with this one and the EnderIO. The only real reason, why people want to get this mod is to make the whole pack easier, because they really enjoy the easy piping system and are not ready for something with great game depth like the Gregtech pipes, because people always want to keep their habits even if they could try something new and maybe better.

User friendlyness does not kill creativeness. Infact, some of those EnderIO blocks would be required for some of my most creative builds (Some alternatives exist within TC/TT). Infact, i'd agrue that all automated gathering machines are a way way WAY bigger offender for killing creative builds *looks at MFR/quary's/etc*. (Note: With creative I mean an unusual thought requiring build, not creative mode) So lets remove all forms of automated resource gathering and move to autonomous activators/block breakers and funky locomotion and cogs, yes? No? Oh, because this is different? How so? To difficult?

I dunno, I dont think your focussing on the right point here. Pipes that may or may not explode isnt exactly game depth, unless I am missing something significant? Do explain of thats the case. Untill then, try to explain to me how mods like MFR or quarries are a good thing? Keep in mind: EnderIO's version's of the harvester/grinder require more thought/work then MFR, as do frame machines and autonomous activator based contraptions wich greatly benefit from things like the void chest and the aversion/atraction/experience obelisk.

NaZeP

Jul 29, 2019
guys, i want to ask what use for mod "advance solar panel" if from beginning i cant make solar panel ic2 (nei not showing up the recipe and i see config also disable) ?

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
guys, i want to ask what use for mod "advance solar panel" if from beginning i cant make solar panel ic2 (nei not showing up the recipe and i see config also disable) ?
That is sorted in the next update.