Modpack Release

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Wait I thought the end goal of gregtech is to get the fusion reactor?

Yup. I second your "WTF ?!" emotion. No ETA on Fusion Reactor for GT 5 or anything like it. The best there is end-game is UU-matter and the Naquedah reactor, but those aren't quite as cool as the Fusion Reactor.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. I second your "WTF ?!" emotion. No ETA on Fusion Reactor for GT 5 or anything like it. The best there is end-game is UU-matter and the Naquedah reactor, but those aren't quite as cool as the Fusion Reactor.
Well that... Sucks. I was going to see if I could set up a server for me and some friends to play this but forget that now.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Well that... Sucks. I was going to see if I could set up a server for me and some friends to play this but forget that now.

If you haven't tried GT 5, it's very good/fun. It's an overhaul of GT and not just a port from MC 1.6 to MC 1.7. I think it's better than GT 4 for 1.6.4, honestly.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
If you haven't tried GT 5, it's very good/fun. It's an overhaul of GT and not just a port from MC 1.6 to MC 1.7. I think it's better than GT 4 for 1.6.4, honestly.
But my favourite features in mods is invariably having an end goal to reach. Having a point where you can say you have accomplished something with this mod just completes it in my opinion.

tarzan1376

Jul 7, 2013
Wait I thought the end goal of gregtech is to get the fusion reactor?
Thats the end goal, I guess but its not in GT 5, but for me it all about getting everything and automating stuff with Applied energistics and get unlimited power and allot

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Thats the end goal, I guess but its not in GT 5, but for me it all about getting everything and automating stuff with Applied energistics and get unlimited power and allot

With GT5 and AE2, that's an ambitious goal indeed ! Not easy, but certainly possible.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Looks like a nice pack but without tinkers construct or enderio I will wait for the 1.7.10 pack that is Monster equivalent. Which does anyone know when it will be released

We don't know if there will be a Monster equivalent. When this set of packs was announced Direwolf20 was going to be the "kitchen sink" pack and all the rest were going to be smaller with specific themes. Resurrection wasn't even on the radar.

One day I decided to watch Slowpoke's twitch stream as he had been playing DW20 on the Forgecraft servers and they were testing the very first version of Resurrection for the very first time... Very funny, I might add, as they found and fixed things. I enjoyed the spontaneous "Bedrock parkour races" they held while trying to troubleshoot a lack of vanilla ore ( 1 Iron in 4 chunks ) by removing all the stone and gravel blocks from the map. :D

Back to the point... Someone may be working on a Monster analogue... Slowpoke and his group blindsided us with Resurrection after all, but I'm not holding my breath.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
With GT in a pack, it's very difficult for it to be a "kitchen sink" pack since GT is the center and many mods don't balance well at all around GT. TiCo is a good example, and not because of the infamous personal/code drama, but because TiCo is all about powerful tools and easy/early-game ore doubling. A couple of the key tiering mechanics of GT are the tools and ore multiplication (or lack thereof).

And, to avoid picking on just GT, the same is true to Reika's mods. They play very well as the center of a pack, but not well in a "kitchen sink" pack. Other mods throw Reika's mods completely out of balance and vice-versa.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Looks like a nice pack but without tinkers construct or enderio I will wait for the 1.7.10 pack that is Monster equivalent. Which does anyone know when it will be released
I think this is going to be your monster pack.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
To be quite honest, I don't consider my opinion better than the modpack creators on the topic of modpack creation, in fact I consider theirs a lot more important than mine. They're the modpack creators for a reason.

The community contributed, but how would the community have done anything without people in the center of all of it coordinating their ideas and putting it into action? An idea is only an idea, it's all well and good to say, "a modpack that contains lots of mods and shows off the advantages of all the mods would be great," but what would have happened without people who know what they're doing in building modpacks?

His post is not the only apparently offensive one here, seriously? "You won a lottery that lets you be a official part of the FTB crew", how is that appropriate? Nana's an extremely skilled person, and was effectively a founding member of FTB. Without him, the forums would run on some crappy software with a horrible theme and no modifications from the original, FTB would have a website that looks like it was made in the '90s. The whole automated modpack system wouldn't exist, because it was his expertise that allowed the servers that run modpack downloads to be set up.
This post really makes it look like you think the FTB team had no greater effort into bringing FTB to a reality than the community did. If you can't see the massive amount of time and effort that everyone on the FTB team puts in, you don't deserve to be here.

That wasn't really my intention with the post, my point was that everyone in this thread is everyone saying what should be in the modpack and everyone is saying something different for the most part. There is no solid answer to what should and shouldn't be included in this or any modpack, what I don't really like is when people, as happened quite a bit in this thread tell us that we are incorrect for not including or indeed including a mod.

We made these decisions for a reason and while suggestions are welcome there is no correct way to do this, there is however a correct way to suggest things. And it's not by telling us we've done it wrong.

Don't get me wrong we're not afraid to admit when we've made mistakes (as I've done in this thread, we should have made a kitchen sink pack sooner) but there needs to be solid reasoning and a bit more time spent before we blindly include mods.

On another note thank you for the kind words guys but you really have @tfox83 to thank for this pack more than me!

Reactions: MigukNamja

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
And, to avoid picking on just GT, the same is true to Reika's mods. They play very well as the center of a pack, but not well in a "kitchen sink" pack. Other mods throw Reika's mods completely out of balance and vice-versa.

So, if I manually add in a couple of Reika's mods to aid my quest until I'm resourceful enough to shoot for GregTech, will I have screwed up things completely? Will it even work?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure exactly what you mean, but assuming the game boots and runs, you won't be getting the gameplay experience that Greg or Reika intended.

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
Talking of Reikas mods, I'm looking for a good modpack centering it, but I didn't found one yet...
FTB Orbis, please :D