[1.6.4] Running Red v1.1.4 [Jam-Packed][Hardcore][Magic][RPG][Good as Crash Landing!]

Syco63

Jul 29, 2019
With Jordsta making Thaumcraft for RR I feel like I need to release my TC too.

So, A recap on the recipes

Quartz is redstone in an altar
Shimmer leaf is quicksilver in an altar
Cinder pearl is a blaze rod in an altar
Manabean is cocoa in an altar
Amber is a slime ball in an altar

Greatwood saplings are Fire, Ordo, Entropy, and Air shards, 3 cinder pearls, an oak sapling, and a master orb
Silverwood saplings are Fire, Ordo, Entropy, and Air shards, 3 Shimmerleaf, a greatwood sapling, and a master orb

All the shards are 2 Quartz, 1 weak binding agent, and 2 blood magic elementals in an alchemistry set

So Incendium for fire, Aquasalus for water and so on

Quick silver is a water bucket, 2 silver and 2 creptious in an alchemistry set

I have changed the shards recipe a little bit, each craft now yields 2 shards instead of the one, one for each quartz

# Add Thaumcraft recipes

# add recipe for Greatwood sapling
recipes.addShaped(tile.blockCustomPlant, [[item.ItemShard, tile.blockCustomPlant."3", item.ItemShard."5"], [tile.blockCustomPlant."3", tile.sapling, tile.blockCustomPlant."3"], [item.ItemShard."1", item.masterBloodOrb, item.ItemShard."4"]]);

# add recipe for Silverwood sapling
recipes.addShaped(tile.blockCustomPlant."1", [[item.ItemShard, tile.blockCustomPlant."2", item.ItemShard."5"], [tile.blockCustomPlant."2", tile.blockCustomPlant, tile.blockCustomPlant."2"], [item.ItemShard."1", item.masterBloodOrb, item.ItemShard."4"]]);

#altar recipes

# add recipe for Quartz
mods.bloodmagic.altar.addRecipe(item.redstone, item.netherquartz, 2, 500);

#add recipe for Shimmerleaf

mods.bloodmagic.altar.addRecipe(item.ItemResource."3", tile.blockCustomPlant."2", 3, 2000);

#add recipe for Cinderpearl
mods.bloodmagic.altar.addRecipe(item.blazeRod, tile.blockCustomPlant."3", 3, 2000);

#add recipe for Manabean
mods.bloodmagic.altar.addRecipe(item.dyePowder.brown, item.ItemManaBean, 4, 10000);

#add Recipe for Amber
mods.bloodmagic.altar.addRecipe(item.slimeball, item.ItemResource."6", 3, 500);

#add Alchemistry recipes

#Fire
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemShard."1"*2, [item.netherquartz, item.netherquartz, item.weakBindingAgent, item.incendium, item.incendium], 3, 10);

#Water
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemShard."2"*2, [item.netherquartz, item.netherquartz, item.weakBindingAgent, item.aquasalus, item.aquasalus], 3, 10);

#Air
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemShard*2, [item.netherquartz, item.netherquartz, item.weakBindingAgent, item.aether, item.aether], 3, 10);

#Earth
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemShard."3"*2, [item.netherquartz, item.netherquartz, item.weakBindingAgent, item.terrae, item.terrae], 3, 10);

#Ordo
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemShard."4"*2, [item.netherquartz, item.netherquartz, item.weakBindingAgent, item.sanctus, item.sanctus], 3, 10);

#Entrapy
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemShard."5"*2, [item.netherquartz, item.netherquartz, item.weakBindingAgent, item.crepitous, item.crepitous], 3, 10);

#Quick silver
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemResource."3", [item.bucketWater, item.thermalexpansion.material.ingotSilver, item.thermalexpansion.material.ingotSilver, item.crepitous, item.crepitous], 3, 10);

By copying this and pasting it to a config file in minetweaker (I chose the altar one) This will completely add Thaumcraft to Running red. Minus aura nodes and the taint stuff.

You can get Vis from killing mobs by hand, Ordo is the hardest to get. Taint you can get by overflowing a crucible with something and spawning Taint slimes. I didn't know how or where to start by adding taint in so I kinda left it at that.

The Lore behind my ideas for the recipes.
With the redstone to quartz recipe, my thought was you are crystallizing the blood in the redstone, doing this reduces it's conductivity, but by binding elemental fragments to the crystallized blood forums the elemental shards.
With the quicksilver, the Crepitous is desolving the silver in the water forming a liquid metal.
Cinderpearls are made by adding just enough life to a blaze rod to form a flower without forming a blaze, and the shimmerleaf is being brought to life by blood as well.
The saplings you are taking the elemental crystals and forming them into magic infusing the sapling with said magic. The silverwood takes a bit more, needing the greatwood as a base.

Amber and mana beans I didn't have any real lore behind them.

Reactions: jordsta95

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
With Jordsta making Thaumcraft for RR I feel like I need to release my TC too.

So, A recap on the recipes

Quartz is redstone in an altar
Shimmer leaf is quicksilver in an altar
Cinder pearl is a blaze rod in an altar
Manabean is cocoa in an altar
Amber is a slime ball in an altar

Greatwood saplings are Fire, Ordo, Entropy, and Air shards, 3 cinder pearls, an oak sapling, and a master orb
Silverwood saplings are Fire, Ordo, Entropy, and Air shards, 3 Shimmerleaf, a greatwood sapling, and a master orb

All the shards are 2 Quartz, 1 weak binding agent, and 2 blood magic elementals in an alchemistry set

So Incendium for fire, Aquasalus for water and so on

Quick silver is a water bucket, 2 silver and 2 creptious in an alchemistry set

I have changed the shards recipe a little bit, each craft now yields 2 shards instead of the one, one for each quartz

# Add Thaumcraft recipes

# add recipe for Greatwood sapling
recipes.addShaped(tile.blockCustomPlant, [[item.ItemShard, tile.blockCustomPlant."3", item.ItemShard."5"], [tile.blockCustomPlant."3", tile.sapling, tile.blockCustomPlant."3"], [item.ItemShard."1", item.masterBloodOrb, item.ItemShard."4"]]);

# add recipe for Silverwood sapling
recipes.addShaped(tile.blockCustomPlant."1", [[item.ItemShard, tile.blockCustomPlant."2", item.ItemShard."5"], [tile.blockCustomPlant."2", tile.blockCustomPlant, tile.blockCustomPlant."2"], [item.ItemShard."1", item.masterBloodOrb, item.ItemShard."4"]]);

#altar recipes

# add recipe for Quartz
mods.bloodmagic.altar.addRecipe(item.redstone, item.netherquartz, 2, 500);

#add recipe for Shimmerleaf

mods.bloodmagic.altar.addRecipe(item.ItemResource."3", tile.blockCustomPlant."2", 3, 2000);

#add recipe for Cinderpearl
mods.bloodmagic.altar.addRecipe(item.blazeRod, tile.blockCustomPlant."3", 3, 2000);

#add recipe for Manabean
mods.bloodmagic.altar.addRecipe(item.dyePowder.brown, item.ItemManaBean, 4, 10000);

#add Recipe for Amber
mods.bloodmagic.altar.addRecipe(item.slimeball, item.ItemResource."6", 3, 500);

#add Alchemistry recipes

#Fire
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemShard."1"*2, [item.netherquartz, item.netherquartz, item.weakBindingAgent, item.incendium, item.incendium], 3, 10);

#Water
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemShard."2"*2, [item.netherquartz, item.netherquartz, item.weakBindingAgent, item.aquasalus, item.aquasalus], 3, 10);

#Air
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemShard*2, [item.netherquartz, item.netherquartz, item.weakBindingAgent, item.aether, item.aether], 3, 10);

#Earth
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemShard."3"*2, [item.netherquartz, item.netherquartz, item.weakBindingAgent, item.terrae, item.terrae], 3, 10);

#Ordo
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemShard."4"*2, [item.netherquartz, item.netherquartz, item.weakBindingAgent, item.sanctus, item.sanctus], 3, 10);

#Entrapy
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemShard."5"*2, [item.netherquartz, item.netherquartz, item.weakBindingAgent, item.crepitous, item.crepitous], 3, 10);

#Quick silver
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(item.ItemResource."3", [item.bucketWater, item.thermalexpansion.material.ingotSilver, item.thermalexpansion.material.ingotSilver, item.crepitous, item.crepitous], 3, 10);

By copying this and pasting it to a config file in minetweaker (I chose the altar one) This will completely add Thaumcraft to Running red. Minus aura nodes and the taint stuff.

You can get Vis from killing mobs by hand, Ordo is the hardest to get. Taint you can get by overflowing a crucible with something and spawning Taint slimes. I didn't know how or where to start by adding taint in so I kinda left it at that.

The Lore behind my ideas for the recipes.
With the redstone to quartz recipe, my thought was you are crystallizing the blood in the redstone, doing this reduces it's conductivity, but by binding elemental fragments to the crystallized blood forums the elemental shards.
With the quicksilver, the Crepitous is desolving the silver in the water forming a liquid metal.
Cinderpearls are made by adding just enough life to a blaze rod to form a flower without forming a blaze, and the shimmerleaf is being brought to life by blood as well.
The saplings you are taking the elemental crystals and forming them into magic infusing the sapling with said magic. The silverwood takes a bit more, needing the greatwood as a base.

Amber and mana beans I didn't have any real lore behind them.
Apart from the shards recipe, use this. I just feel 4 shards at a time is a little more "fair" for what you are putting in :p

EDIT:
Basic AE script started. I don't really know what else needs to be changed:

Code:
recipes.remove(<4361:7>);
recipes.remove(<4361:1>);
recipes.remove(<4361:2>);
recipes.remove(<3961:2>);
mods.bloodmagic.altar.addRecipe(<406>, <4362:6>, 1, 100, 1, 1);
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(<4361:7>, [<4361>,<4361>,<4361>,<4361>], 3, 1000);
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(<4361:1>, [<4361:7>,<4361:7>,<4361:7>,<4361:7>], 3, 4000);
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(<4361:2>, [<4361:1>,<4361:1>,<4361:1>,<4361:1>], 3, 16000);
mods.bloodmagic.alchemy.addRecipe(<3961:2>, [<4362:23>,<4362:23>,<4362:23>,<4362:23>,<4362:19>], 3, 7000);

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
In this line:

#Fire

Does the 2 in "1"*2 represent the amount you get?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
In this line:

#Fire

Does the 2 in "1"*2 represent the amount you get?
Yeah how minetweaker code works is:
<item> * <how many>

Reactions: RehabOholic

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I am about to just give up. I cannot get the Lord of Torment to summon. It just says must stand in the exact center of a circle of stone. Well, I am in the block of water in the circle of stone the map generates, so wtf now?

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
I am about to just give up. I cannot get the Lord of Torment to summon. It just says must stand in the exact center of a circle of stone. Well, I am in the block of water in the circle of stone the map generates, so wtf now?
I had the exact same problem and couldn't figure it out. I ended up just giving myself a Lord of Torment spawn egg, the fight works the same except there is no initial explosion.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I had the exact same problem and couldn't figure it out. I ended up just giving myself a Lord of Torment spawn egg, the fight works the same except there is no initial explosion.
*tuts* *wiggles finger* *tuts some more*

Reactions: Xolan

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Might I recommend looking at the Witchery wiki for advise.

https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/lord-of-torment
Hey thanks, I hadn't considered the nearly useless wiki. Next please?

I have discovered that I absolutely hate the witchery mod. Since I have made it this far into the quest line, I wanted to finish it but it seems I will either cheat it with a spawn egg or reset it and go the pneumaticraft path.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hey thanks, I hadn't considered the nearly useless wiki. Next please?

I have discovered that I absolutely hate the witchery mod. Since I have made it this far into the quest line, I wanted to finish it but it seems I will either cheat it with a spawn egg or reset it and go the pneumaticraft path.
I don't understand the witchery mod at all. But that wiki makes it pretty clear:
Make a deal with a fire imp, and treat it well
Imp gives you scroll
Scroll is used to summon lord of torment.

Cheats are disabled for a reason. But if you want to go down the pneumaticcraft line instead, then that's better than cheating in a spawn egg *cough*@Xolan*cough*

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand the witchery mod at all. But that wiki makes it pretty clear:
Make a deal with a fire imp, and treat it well
Imp gives you scroll
Scroll is used to summon lord of torment.

Cheats are disabled for a reason. But if you want to go down the pneumaticcraft line instead, then that's better than cheating in a spawn egg *cough*@Xolan*cough*
And if you read my original post, you would see that I obviously have the scroll, have infused myself, and am standing where it tells me to therefore implying I have read the wiki and the in-game books. I did the witchery path here because I had not played the mod before and wanted the experience. The only changes I have made to the circle are theirs a dirt block where the dispenser was and I have a layer of grass extending 9 blocks from each edge to spawn wolves. Would these matter?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
And if you read my original post, you would see that I obviously have the scroll, have infused myself, and am standing where it tells me to therefore implying I have read the wiki and the in-game books. I did the witchery path here because I had not played the mod before and wanted the experience. The only changes I have made to the circle are theirs a dirt block where the dispenser was and I have a layer of grass extending 9 blocks from each edge to spawn wolves. Would these matter?
I think that MIGHT be where you are going wrong. As I said, I don't know much about the mod, but what I do know is rituals use the ritual chalk thingies on the ground... and not the with the dispenser... unless I am a complete idiot

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019
you have to stay right there where die ice/water was and both spawners must have one layer under them also the "stone pillars" arround have to be placed exactly as they was when you visit the island the first time.

You can also fly like 300 blocks in any direction then you should find a new island which looks exactly how the 3rd should look.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
you have to stay right there where die ice/water was and both spawners must have one layer under them also the "stone pillars" arround have to be placed exactly as they was when you visit the island the first time.

You can also fly like 300 blocks in any direction then you should find a new island which looks exactly how the 3rd should look.
Thank you, the missing layer of dirt under the witch spawners was my issue. Now on to this epic battle.
Witchery? Wiki?

[shameless]
http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Witchery is slightly more in depth and less lore-y than the Witchery one on Emon's site
[/shameless]
Thanks for this one, its extremely slow to load for me right now but does appear to be more user friendly.

Thanks for all the replies.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Alright, back from Vacation. Update should be ready soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1414986472][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright, here's a thing.
r12%201.PNG

Bs8dzSi.png