Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Its just me with the felling that when Eyamaz see clever builds, he just runs to the configs trying to find a way of nerfing it? :p

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
Its just me with the felling that when Eyamaz see clever builds, he just runs to the configs trying to find a way of nerfing it? :p

But that's what is soooo great about this mod pack. The goal posts keep moving, giving us fresh challenges. It's like us against Eyamaz the evil tyrant!

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
But that's what is soooo great about this mod pack. The goal posts keep moving, giving us fresh challenges. It's like us against Eyamaz the evil tyrant!
And it's also part of what makes this thread so fun... Seeing someone pop in and talk about some new thing they've found that makes everything much easier, and just knowing it's now gonna be tweaked in the next version.

Yeah, I enjoy a little schadenfreude from time to time. :)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
And it's also part of what makes this thread so fun... Seeing someone pop in and talk about some new thing they've found that makes everything much easier, and just knowing it's now gonna be tweaked in the next version.

Yeah, I enjoy a little schadenfreude from time to time. :)
I still can't believed that compressed cobble and stone bricks are not on the grief list...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
They took to long for mobs to grief and were causing issues in mc1.6.4
So.... there was a reason!!

I thought it was too good to let this blocks not be griefed!!

What was the plan? Players building dirt bases and upgrading to obsidian?

Phantom Slave

Jul 29, 2019
New here, searched and couldn't find an answer to my question so I apologize if it's been answered before:

Morning came, zombies and skeletons died outside my house. I charged out of my house, running from creepers, when there was an explosion behind me and lightning struck. INSTANTLY it's night time and there are mobs spawning everywhere! What the heck caused this? Was it a fluke? Is there some way to stop it in the future?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
New here, searched and couldn't find an answer to my question so I apologize if it's been answered before:

Morning came, zombies and skeletons died outside my house. I charged out of my house, running from creepers, when there was an explosion behind me and lightning struck. INSTANTLY it's night time and there are mobs spawning everywhere! What the heck caused this? Was it a fluke? Is there some way to stop it in the future?
Also happened to me once or twice when I started the world and never more after it.

Never figured what happened....

Desman

Sep 23, 2014

That... happened to me once in another modpack. Not here yet.

edit: unless I'm confusing things after so many worlds, it might just been in BnB.

Last edited:

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
Also happened to me once or twice when I started the world and never more after it.

Never figured what happened....

This happened to me in my first lets play and can be seen here. 9.06 into the video! Took me by surprise as well, as it has never happened before. This was on version 1.1.3

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
There seems to be a crash-causing bug in the Workbench Backpack. If used to do complicated tasks, such as using a saw with wood, or milk/water production, it crashes the game. Compressing cobblestone and basic crafting works fine.

There's a workaround though, at least for milk/water buckets. If the backpack is full and cannot receive any materials, it doesn't cause the crash. A couple screenshots, the first one causes the crash if you click or shift-click the water, the second one is safe:

HErEV58.png
kaxozLy.png

Reactions: Eyamaz

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
So.... there was a reason!!

I thought it was too good to let this blocks not be griefed!!

What was the plan? Players building dirt bases and upgrading to obsidian?

Even if they were to be griefed, once you reach witchery, you end up being able to infuse block with "obsidian". Which in turn enable you to build from pretty much any block i believe. The thing is to actually get there :p

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Even if they were to be griefed, once you reach witchery, you end up being able to infuse block with "obsidian". Which in turn enable you to build from pretty much any block i believe. The thing is to actually get there :p
Do you mean the Magical Crops obsidian infused blocks (which require metals from the Witchery spirit world) or is there some Witchery ritual I'm not aware of? That's one of the few mods in BnB I'm not too familiar with yet...

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mean the Magical Crops obsidian infused blocks (which require metals from the Witchery spirit world) or is there some Witchery ritual I'm not aware of? That's one of the few mods in BnB I'm not too familiar with yet...
I believe you said it with the Magical crop. I haven't used it yet. The info i have on this is from a friend who went as far as Witchery and tryed it. So my knowledge on the matter is very limited.

TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get to the nether?

As far as I can tell you need steel to make a flint and you can't get steel until you go to the nether. What am I missing?

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
How do you get to the nether?

As far as I can tell you need steel to make a flint and you can't get steel until you go to the nether. What am I missing?

I had the same problem. Then it turned out that you can use the Stone Crusher (or its metal variants) to make sawdust from wood logs, so you can make charcoal from that.

You should also be able to light the portal by using lava to set on fire nearby blocks.

TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem. Then it turned out that you can use the Stone Crusher (or its metal variants) to make sawdust from wood logs, so you can make charcoal from that.

You should also be able to light the portal by using lava to set on fire nearby blocks.
Thanks,

Lava it is then, curious though. How do you go about getting steel from charcoal without using an induction smelter?