[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Alright folks...the big one is here...

v2.1.0 has been submitted and should be up on the launcher within a couple days!

Changelog:
  • v2.1.0 - No longer Beta
  • Updates to about a dozen mods
  • 4 new mods
    • WR-CBE
    • ClothingCraft
    • NotEnoughKeys
    • Thaumic Exploration
  • Multiple Config Tweaks
  • New Quests for the NPC's
    • total of 10-12 daily repeatable quests (Real day not MC day), this brings the total customNPC quests to around 40
  • Several final map tweaks (You should see some of them right away)
  • Many small text corrections, the area for one of the quests has been fixed so you can complete it (@kittana knows where I am talking about)
This means going beyond this update you should not have to do any fancy copying of files and stuff to update as HQM (which is where my focus will be) saves it's information in the config directory. In the event I make changes to anything requiring anything other than simply downloading the update I will give you notice if I know this to be the case.

Also, At this point I will be working on a server version of the pack so there will most likely not be an update to the pack next week, barring any unforseen issues that need to be corrected, so that I can focus on getting the server version ready.

I want to thank EVERYONE who has helped get the back out of beta and get it to this point, you have all been awesome and your positive criticism and compliments have really helped to motivate me to get the pack to this stage!

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Alright folks...the big one is here...

v2.1.0 has been submitted and should be up on the launcher within a couple days!

..snip..

This means going beyond this update you should not have to do any fancy copying of files and stuff to update as HQM (which is where my focus will be) saves it's information in the config directory. In the event I make changes to anything requiring anything other than simply downloading the update I will give you notice if I know this to be the case.

Also, At this point I will be working on a server version of the pack so there will most likely not be an update to the pack next week, barring any unforseen issues that need to be corrected, so that I can focus on getting the server version ready.

I want to thank EVERYONE who has helped get the back out of beta and get it to this point, you have all been awesome and your positive criticism and compliments have really helped to motivate me to get the pack to this stage!

Wonderful and thank you for the fantastic modpack! :) So I gather we need to do one more bout of fancy copying to update from 2.0.10 to 2.1.0?

-- Val

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Wonderful and thank you for the fantastic modpack! :) So I gather we need to do one more bout of fancy copying to update from 2.0.10 to 2.1.0?

-- Val
Yes, and the good news is that this is the last time. I am planning no further map changes, and am holding off on more customNPC quests for a bit to focus on the server version.

Even when I do update customNPC quests, it will be a simple matter of a single folder to be copied into your current save.

And thank you! Just in case everyone has been living under a rock, please take time to go watch/follow @Vals NoisyToys on her twitch stream!

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, and the good news is that this is the last time. I am planning no further map changes, and am holding off on more customNPC quests for a bit to focus on the server version.

Even when I do update customNPC quests, it will be a simple matter of a single folder to be copied into your current save.

And thank you! Just in case everyone has been living under a rock, please take time to go watch/follow @Vals NoisyToys on her twitch stream!

Thanks for the shout out! :) Muchly appreciated!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Anytime!

I have also updated the OP to reflect the process for updating TO 2.1.0 from prior versions as well as a brief explanation for updating post 2.1.0.

Thanks to Val for taking the time to organize the update process for us!

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Anytime!

I have also updated the OP to reflect the process for updating TO 2.1.0 from prior versions as well as a brief explanation for updating post 2.1.0.

You're welcome! Don't forget to add the JABBA and DIMStorage folders to the copy over list. ;)

Update Process (Primarily migrating from version prior to 2.1.x):
  • BEFORE UPDATING: move all your stuff OFF your character and put it in chests in a new region (ie your base) and/or in the bank. I suggest you put a care package in the bank (Charm of Dislocation set to your base, perhaps a suit of armor, weapons and tools as well). Save and quit.
  • AFTER UPDATING: Launch, and generate a new world. Then save and quit.
  • In the folder the pack is installed to do the following to transfer your stuff:
    • in the saves folder of newly created world
      • Delete the middleearth folder and LOTR.dat if it exists as it shouldn't be there
    • copy FROM the old world saves folder TO the new world saves folder
      • copy over saves\mapwriter_sp_worlds\OLDWORLDNAME folder (This will save your map markers.)
        • rename the folder for mapwriter to the same as the new world you generated
      • Under your saves\OLDWORLDNAME folder copy over the following to the saves\NEWWORLDNAME folder:
        • backpacks folder (to keep items in backpacks)
        • customnpcs\playerdata folder (to keep npc quest progress, bank contents)
        • DIMStorage folder (to keep ?? mod contents)
        • enderstorage folder (to keep contents in ender chests / tanks)
        • hardcorequesting folder (to keep hqm quest progress)
        • JABBA folder (to keep barrel contents)
        • middleearth folder (to keep Middle Earth world changes you may have made)
        • LOTR.dat file (to keep Middle Earth quest progress etc)
        • region folder: copy over any region files that are NOT the same as the ones created in the new folder
          • it is VERY important to ONLY copy ones that are NOT in the new folder
        • ADVANCED USERS ONLY
          • to keep morph data copy the MorphSave section in yout old level.dat over via NBTExplorer: Data > Player > ForgeData > PlayerPersisted > MorphSave
If you have placed everything you want in either a newly generated region, the bank, OR in backpacks, this should restore that content to the new map.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Anytime!

I Started a new game when version 2.0.10 was released, cause I wasn't that far in. Do I need to do the first big set of transfer's to a new world, or would it just be better to start over? Thanks again:)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I Started a new game when version 2.0.10 was released, cause I wasn't that far in. Do I need to do the first big set of transfer's to a new world, or would it just be better to start over? Thanks again:)
Well, that is entirely up to you. If you are not too far into the quest line and don;t have many resources gathered, may be faster and easier to just start anew.
This is awesome GreatOrator. Looking forward to seeing your changes. Thank you for putting this amazing pack together and thank you Val for the update list. i've had way too much fun playing this.
Whooo! Big Congrats GO on getting to 2.1 Release, loads of work and lots of hot fixes
Glad to see this shaping up
Thank you both! This was all made possible by everyone testing and playing and you guys for all the fine-tuned bug testing (you all know who you are) and quest ideas (garret, truly those were awesome ideas).

Again, I can not say enough how motivating it has been to see this pack so well-received, you, all of you, have made this effort more that worth it!

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
alright, I'll be home from work in a few hours, I'll test and find out what happened. That wasn't happening during testing....

It seems that the mod (I think its Lockdown) the one you use to load your pre-jen world is not working. When starting a new world, it is giving the normal option, Enable Cheats, structures, etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1412632919][/DOUBLEPOST]This pack is really great, so much so that I don't mind starting over each time it updates. Finding out what was changed in the main Kingdoms is great.

I was wondering if there was any mod my fellow gamers have added to the pack for personal enjoyment, or is every one playing it as is?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, quick fix (maybe) at least until I get home...go into the template folder and delete the items inside the redstoneether folder. Please, let me know if that worked.....wait a tic, why is that mod not in there...son of a **bleep**

That is an issue I may be able to fix...one moment please...