Jampacked: We have a winner | Material Energy^3

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
And so we finally have a winner for the individual modpack creation competition and it is Parcel31u for Material Energy^3. This announcement has been a long time in coming and that goes to show the level of the entries that we received. The overall standard of packs that we received in the individual competition was a lot higher that I think any of us expected, from the immensely popular Crash Landing to the awesome work showing of HQM and fantastic storyline with Running Red the really great packs that I hoped to see have appeared and hopefully are here to stay. All three can be downloaded now from the third party packs tab of the launcher.

ME^3 was one of the first packs we played (maybe even the first one) and it immediately grabbed us. Strong in every area, from storyline, modpack creation and balance, map creation and showcasing Hardcore Questing Mode I think most people who have played this map recognised how good it is and in my mind is a worthy winner.

As I am sure many of you are aware this was an extremely tight competition that tied the judges meaning we had to draft in an extra judge which along with several other totally avoidable things delayed this result. Next time I will try to avoid having the closing date clash with a major convention :D.

As to the team event. Our current plan is to relaunch this competition for 1.7. All the entries from the original competition have been contacted and notified and we are waiting to here feedback from them all before confirming this 100%. However as long as everything goes OK, I am currently thinking of running this through 2nd half October and first half of November.

Finally I want to thank everyone who entered into both events. Hopefully some of you may continue to work on and develop your modpacks or start your own pack.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Congrats to the winners! Can't wait until the 1.7 competition, so we can see even more awesome packs.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Wow the wait was worth it! Just played material energy^3 last night for the first time. I was just as impressed with it as I was with running red! Good job to all the contestants, and I hope that if this continues next year I hope you all return. Maybe I can enter a pack next year as well...

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: xTordX

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
h21F3ACA7