Jampacked: We have a winner | Material Energy^3

Discussion in 'Feed the Beast News' started by Captainnana, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Captainnana

Captainnana New Member

And so we finally have a winner for the individual modpack creation competition and it is Parcel31u for Material Energy^3. This announcement has been a long time in coming and that goes to show the level of the entries that we received. The overall standard of packs that we received in the individual competition was a lot higher that I think any of us expected, from the immensely popular Crash Landing to the awesome work showing of HQM and fantastic storyline with Running Red the really great packs that I hoped to see have appeared and hopefully are here to stay. All three can be downloaded now from the third party packs tab of the launcher.

ME^3 was one of the first packs we played (maybe even the first one) and it immediately grabbed us. Strong in every area, from storyline, modpack creation and balance, map creation and showcasing Hardcore Questing Mode I think most people who have played this map recognised how good it is and in my mind is a worthy winner.

As I am sure many of you are aware this was an extremely tight competition that tied the judges meaning we had to draft in an extra judge which along with several other totally avoidable things delayed this result. Next time I will try to avoid having the closing date clash with a major convention :D.

As to the team event. Our current plan is to relaunch this competition for 1.7. All the entries from the original competition have been contacted and notified and we are waiting to here feedback from them all before confirming this 100%. However as long as everything goes OK, I am currently thinking of running this through 2nd half October and first half of November.

Finally I want to thank everyone who entered into both events. Hopefully some of you may continue to work on and develop your modpacks or start your own pack.

2. Lumaceon

Lumaceon Popular Member

Congrats @parcel31u!
    I may not have won, but I've certainly learned a lot and I'm glad I entered. If another competition like this is held in the future, I'll be sure to enter again.

bluchuv00, 1SDAN and pc_assassin like this.
  3. Runew0lf

Runew0lf New Member

Awesome,
    Well done everyone that participated, and especially for the top 3!

Rune <3

SnowShock35 likes this.
  4. firedingo

firedingo New Member

Congrats Parcel31u well deserved.

tatsu011 and pc_assassin like this.
  5. CaptPanda

CaptPanda Well-Known Member

Aha, congrats @parcel31u !

But I do wonder about those that now have school, work or uni, since they're now going to have drastically less time to work on it.

pc_assassin likes this.
  6. sixkiller5

sixkiller5 New Member

congrats! it was a very intense competition.

--sixkiller5--

7. logoster

logoster New Member

pc_assassin likes this.
  8. Rongmario

Rongmario New Member

grats, enjoy da prize :3

9. Gideonseymour

Gideonseymour Relatable Gamer Trusted User Retired Staff

Congrats Parcel!

10. Shoshy

Shoshy New Member

Congrats to the winner! =D I still haven't tried ME3, but it's next on my list =)

11. Gideonseymour

Although this begs the question....

Who got second and third?

12. ImpactFlux

ImpactFlux New Member

Congrats!

Also - what will be the rules for the next competition... I've been working on a 1.7 pack for awhile now and would like to enter.

meelock, Watchful11 and Blorph like this.
  13. Blorph

Blorph New Member

and what is that *special* prize?

Oh boy, I can't wait for that! :D

14. Lumaceon

Lumaceon Popular Member

Seeing as both Running Red and Crash Landing were mentioned in the post, it's a decent assumption that they were the runner-ups.

tggt00 likes this.
  15. ChatFawkes

ChatFawkes New Member

Congrats to the winners! Can't wait until the 1.7 competition, so we can see even more awesome packs.

16. firedingo

firedingo New Member

I hope all the participants get feedback on their entries. Even if they're not a winner they can still take the feedback to make their entry better.

E_DM_B and Gideonseymour like this.
  17. Gideonseymour

18. parcel31u

parcel31u New Member

19. pc_assassin

pc_assassin New Member

Wow the wait was worth it! Just played material energy^3 last night for the first time. I was just as impressed with it as I was with running red! Good job to all the contestants, and I hope that if this continues next year I hope you all return. Maybe I can enter a pack next year as well...

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

xTordX likes this.
  20. Gideonseymour

Chaka, PierceSG, bluchuv00 and 6 others like this.