Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that would affect performance, although if you have a weak graphics card your FPS may temporarily suffer while you have the bell equipped due to having to render 1600 connection streams ;)

R-Really? Then that makes my build a whole lot easier... That being said I have a min fps of about 23, average is 27 ish highest I've seen is 40. But I am on unstable 1.7.10 so I suppose thats expected.

Kalagorn

Jul 29, 2019
I have a bunch of small bases dotted around the landscape doing different things (Tree farms, quarries, processing, mob farms, normal farms, etc etc.) and I want to connect them all to my Main Base with all my storage. Should I have a bunch of Ender Chests all connected to one Ender Chest connected to my storage, or is that cheaty and I should use Railcraft or something?

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
I have a bunch of small bases dotted around the landscape doing different things (Tree farms, quarries, processing, mob farms, normal farms, etc etc.) and I want to connect them all to my Main Base with all my storage. Should I have a bunch of Ender Chests all connected to one Ender Chest connected to my storage, or is that cheaty and I should use Railcraft or something?
That's the beauty of minecraft, cheaty is what you make it. If you don't mind the ender chest, go for it. If you enjoy seeing trains run around the world, do it that way. If you want a crazy network of buildcraft pipes sending items flying around the world have at it. Minecraft is your world to do as you please to.

Kalagorn

Jul 29, 2019
That's the beauty of minecraft, cheaty is what you make it. If you don't mind the ender chest, go for it. If you enjoy seeing trains run around the world, do it that way. If you want a crazy network of buildcraft pipes sending items flying around the world have at it. Minecraft is your world to do as you please to.
Problem is, I think the train wouldn't be fast enough, and would be hella expensive. The buildings are very far away from one another.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Tesseracts are another option. Or Portal Gun portals. Or Thaumcraft mirrors. Or AE Quantum Link Bridge Chamber Rings (very power-hungry).

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Any one have a good "tech" (not magic) armour mod to replace MPS and the ic2 armour(and all ic2 addons) cause there are some people using my modpack that want strong/op tech armour (they hate magic mods :p) for when I phase out ic2 from the pack and its a lite pack so the MPS custom rendering isn't going to work either

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Any one have a good "tech" (not magic) armour mod to replace MPS and the ic2 armour(and all ic2 addons) cause there are some people using my modpack that want strong/op tech armour (they hate magic mods :p) for when I phase out ic2 from the pack and its a lite pack so the MPS custom rendering isn't going to work either

MPS has an option to use the old (non HD) version of the armor in the tinker table.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
MPS has an option to use the old (non HD) version of the armor in the tinker table.

1. I can't find it
2. The tinker table is the biggest problem i got a player that can't even look at it with out his game freezing and need to be moved from the area

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
1. I can't find it
2. The tinker table is the biggest problem i got a player that can't even look at it with out his game freezing and need to be moved from the area

If they freeze from something like that, they have no business playing modded at all.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
If they freeze from something like that, they have no business playing modded at all.
Glad somebody said it. Dudes right, stop trying to play MC on a toaster, seriously guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swear this is everyone's answer to the problem.... These are people, like me, that don't have the money to get good gaming rigs like most other people playing modded. My computer runs 1.6.4. at 27-45 fps (with optifine) but its to old to even run the new openGL that is being used in minecraft 1.7.5+. Rant over.

So back to the question is there any armor to replace them or is there a way to Completely remove the custom rendering.

Reactions: Golrith

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I swear this is everyone's answer to the problem.... These are people, like me, that don't have the money to get good gaming rigs like most other people playing modded. My computer runs 1.6.4. at 27-45 fps (with optifine) but its to old to even run the new openGL that is being used in minecraft 1.7.5+. Rant over.

So back to the question is there any armor to replace them or is there a way to Completely remove the custom rendering.

I really mean no offense by this, but there comes a time when you have to accept your PC can't do certain things, and let them go. To answer you, nothing I can think of is a good replacement. Maybe I should work on a hi tech, low lag armor mod...

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I really mean no offense by this, but there comes a time when you have to accept your PC can't do certain things, and let them go. To answer you, nothing I can think of is a good replacement. Maybe I should work on a hi tech, low lag armor mod...

I agree my pc cannot and probably never will run the newer versions of minecraft

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Also, it is possible to get a quite decent PC build for under 400 dollars, as long as you don't mind AMD.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I agree my pc cannot and probably never will run the newer versions of minecraft

:(

My own question: what happens to us now that Microsoft own Mojang?