[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Jcewazhere

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to prevent mob spawning across a wide area? I first tried lighting everything for ~200 block radius up, using f7 to check for bad spots and that didn't work. Then I went a little insane and just cobblestone slabbed the entire area but mobs are still showing up in droves every night. My last resort is to try to use Magnum Torches, but aside from being a pain to craft they'd interfere with my mob grinder.
Here's some images of my base and the extent of my slab-madness:
AUYW413.png
qwLBbIp.png

Reactions: cannajan

Alex Bernet

Jul 29, 2019
As mentioned above you have to use the little stones you get from sieving dust and dirt. You can also get stones by using a hammer on smooth stone which is how I was able to setup a 6 high smeltery and a full size high oven by day 15. Please note though 1skandar has mentioned on Twitter that this functionality will be removed in 1.1.3 so that you again will be forced to scavenge parts from cities to get the smeltery and high oven going. You will still be able to get seared stone by putting cobble in a high oven..

isn't it a hell of a lot of grind to get ur smeltery tall by smelting stone ?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
My last resort is to try to use Magnum Torches, but aside from being a pain to craft they'd interfere with my mob grinder.
Couple was to handle this.

1. Vertical separation of base, mob spawner, and magnum torch. Your spawner is above your base so you'd need to put the magnum torch underground such that it covered the base but didn't extend up to the mob spawner. I'm living in a dome about 30-40 units off the ground, have my grinders directly underneath on the surface and have the magnum torch above the dome. Works great.

2. Cursed earth isn't affected by Magnum Torch. If you're ready to kill Wither you can get a division sigil, perform the ritual, silk touch the cursed earth and switch to cursed earth for your mob spawning.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so maybe someone here can help. I am a total Modded Minecraft Moron. I have to watch a video or read a VERY detailed description for even the most basic stuff. I've been doing all sorts of good so far, but I have come up against something I've never had to deal with before, and after spending about 2 hours tonight trying Youtube and every wiki I could find, I have been unable to figure out exactly how to solve my problem.

And the problem is Chunk Loading. I've never used MFR's Chunk Loader before, and not only is it super expensive to make, but it seems to need power and possibly some sort of fluid as well and it has a radius command, and I am so confused.

So please, someone who knows what the hell they're doing with these things, can you explain MFR's Chunk Loader to me like I was 5, pretty pretty please? Thanks! :D

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Can any of you show me how smeltery/pneumatic buildings look like in the minimap? couse all i find are offices and random buildings

Those buildings look like two squares touching on one edge. I'll jump in game and get a screenshot.

Here you go:
Power Plant
Jy8pwEq.jpg

Tinkers/Pneumaticraft
laMmdoP.jpg

Library/Subway Station
1fWs3cI.jpg

Last edited:

Wazepas1

Jul 29, 2019
Those buildings look like two squares touching on one edge. I'll jump in game and get a screenshot.

Here you go:
Power Plant
Jy8pwEq.jpg

Tinkers/Pneumaticraft
laMmdoP.jpg

Library/Subway Station
1fWs3cI.jpg
ok ty i was looking on my minimap for pneumaticraft building i thought it was a diffrent shape and not the same as tinkers...

Jcewazhere

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks,
I was under the impression that the torch was 128 blocks in a sphere, but the wiki says only 32 vertical blocks so it should be easy to find a place where it won't mess with the mob farm.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so maybe someone here can help. I am a total Modded Minecraft Moron. I have to watch a video or read a VERY detailed description for even the most basic stuff. I've been doing all sorts of good so far, but I have come up against something I've never had to deal with before, and after spending about 2 hours tonight trying Youtube and every wiki I could find, I have been unable to figure out exactly how to solve my problem.

And the problem is Chunk Loading. I've never used MFR's Chunk Loader before, and not only is it super expensive to make, but it seems to need power and possibly some sort of fluid as well and it has a radius command, and I am so confused.

So please, someone who knows what the hell they're doing with these things, can you explain MFR's Chunk Loader to me like I was 5, pretty pretty please? Thanks! :D
The MFR chunk loader is not worth using at all. It only has a tiny range at max setting, it eats 2 billion RF to charge up and run, and it needs a ton of mob essence to run. Most people on here just install chickenchunks which is a mod with a much better chunk loader.

Thanks,
I was under the impression that the torch was 128 blocks in a sphere, but the wiki says only 32 vertical blocks so it should be easy to find a place where it won't mess with the mob farm.
I actually did some testing and both the magnum torch and chandelier have a diamond radius just like torches do, so they can cover above and below itself much like torches can. So more specifically, the magnum torch can cover 64 out in the n/s/e/w direction, 64 straight up and 64 straight down, 32 in a diagonal in all 8 diagonal directions. Also, you can only craft a magnum torch if you find glistering melons/potions of healing in chests in the ruins/city/netherbrick dungeons because the potions witches drop don't work.

jpm42

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason i cannot get it to work 1.1.2 it wont even load the pack
Crash Report
Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.6.4 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Crash Landing v 1.1.2 MC 1.6.4
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Crash Landing 1.6.4
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 5887
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Additional java parameters: -Xms256m -XX:permSize=128M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
Aug 22, 2014 3:18:18 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
INFO: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
Aug 22, 2014 3:18:18 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
SEVERE: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Is there a way to prevent mob spawning across a wide area? I first tried lighting everything for ~200 block radius up, using f7 to check for bad spots and that didn't work. Then I went a little insane and just cobblestone slabbed the entire area but mobs are still showing up in droves every night. My last resort is to try to use Magnum Torches, but aside from being a pain to craft they'd interfere with my mob grinder.
Here's some images of my base and the extent of my slab-madness:
AUYW413.png
qwLBbIp.png
I can't tell but which position are all the slabs? They don't show up as yellow or red in F7? Are they top or bottom position? Yeah, that's pretty extensive and something I never tried to test that theory either.

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
if you think those are awesome, you should try out the tuberous jetpack :) hehe I laughed so hard the first time I threw one out over the wall at this crowd of mobs and a skeleton gave me a nice show yayyyyyy :)

btw, you are talking about using the tuberous cap charging the other caps, right? I have always wondered if you could charge an energy cell with a capacitor. Just realized, I never tried picking up the energy cell and putting it in my hotbar and see if that works. hmmm
I've used the tuberous cells to charge both a leadstone jetpack (it takes like 1 and a half tuberous cells to charge that weak jetpack but boy oh boy has it really made exploring the city easier, that and a hang glider). I don't know if you can charge an actual energy cell with it but you can definitely use it to charge other capacitors (and I'm pretty sure you can in turn charge other capacitors with other capacitors that aren't...potato based.) It took me a while for me to consider charging other capacitors with the potatoes though, rather than clutter up my golden bag of holding.

Even better when the potato battery runs out it becomes a baked potato lol. Not a bad deal for 1 potato, lead nugget, and redstone dust.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The MFR chunk loader is not worth using at all. It only has a tiny range at max setting, it eats 2 billion RF to charge up and run, and it needs a ton of mob essence to run. Most people on here just install chickenchunks which is a mod with a much better chunk loader.

Dimensional Anchors are my loader of choice nowadays. They just work and have never been involved in a chunk reset for me---knock on wood---unlike chickenchunks chunkloaders.

The MFR chunkloader doesn't need any mob essence to run. Mob essence just makes it a tiny, tiny bit cheaper in terms of power. At least that is how it was when it was added, might have changed by now. Liquid fuel will gradually reduce the energy cost by 80RF/t/chunk. If you don't have any fuel it does just the opposite. In any case it is ridiculously expensive compared to any other chunkloader I've seen.

Only reason I'm using a chunkloader is because of TE conduit/duct and MFR machines tending to break if chunks are unloaded/reloaded. Got tired of having to exit and restart every time I returned to base after a trip.[DOUBLEPOST=1408899728][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, you can only craft a magnum torch if you find glistering melons/potions of healing in chests in the ruins/city/netherbrick dungeons because the potions witches drop don't work.
Not entirely true. You can get glistering melons as a mob drop. I'm pretty sure you don't get them with an MFR grinder but definitely get them if you kill manually.

Looked it up, Cursed Endermen can drop glistering melon.
Cursed Enderman The cursed enderman is cursed to spread curses! If you are hit by one, your attack power and mining speed will go down for a fairly long while. What's worse is, the more you are hit by the cursed enderman, the stronger the curse becomes! Of course, as everyone knows, drinking milk will completely purge you of any curse, no matter how strong it is.
Health: 60
Armor: 0
Speed: 100%
Attack strength: 7
Special: stacks weakness and mining fatigue on hit
Drops: 0-1 ender pearls, 1 gunpowder, sugar, spider eye, fermented spider eye, or glistering melon (1/3 chance)

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
make sure to run the program the takes off the older ones.[DOUBLEPOST=1408903069][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dimensional Anchors are my loader of choice nowadays. They just work and have never been involved in a chunk reset for me---knock on wood---unlike chickenchunks chunkloaders.

The MFR chunkloader doesn't need any mob essence to run. Mob essence just makes it a tiny, tiny bit cheaper in terms of power. At least that is how it was when it was added, might have changed by now. Liquid fuel will gradually reduce the energy cost by 80RF/t/chunk. If you don't have any fuel it does just the opposite. In any case it is ridiculously expensive compared to any other chunkloader I've seen.

Only reason I'm using a chunkloader is because of TE conduit/duct and MFR machines tending to break if chunks are unloaded/reloaded. Got tired of having to exit and restart every time I returned to base after a trip.[DOUBLEPOST=1408899728][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not entirely true. You can get glistering melons as a mob drop. I'm pretty sure you don't get them with an MFR grinder but definitely get them if you kill manually.

Looked it up, Cursed Endermen can drop glistering melon.
i Cheat and log in my wife account, pop it in to lan and use her as a chunk loader. rofl