[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You know u really don't need to be rude. If you dont want to do it then DON'T. its not like im saying "if u dont use this exploit something horrible will happen" lol and yes it is unrealistic but so is crash landing on a dry dusty planet with monsters and u actually survive! lol I don't expect it to be realistic just like the rest of the game isn't completely realistic...i didnt post it to start a fight so just drop it. There is no reason to take this way out of proportion. But i put it up there for the people that, like me, suck at this kind of stuff but still like the mod pack and want to play it. Without this exploit there is no way i could play i would die a billion times, trying to get into some of the ME stuff and not even noticing that im dehydrated then its too late to even try and find a way to make water, i wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything else but food and water. This pack is very hard for me and the etching acid into water makes it playable (but still hard).
You're right, d3vilsangel04, I came off overly negative. I'm sorry. Let's improve things.

I do recommend for people to avoid any exploits. At the very least, it makes your screenshots and accomplishments more meaningful when you can do it "legitimately."

This is a fantastic thread for picking up tips and (non-exploitive) tricks. If you're getting stumped somewhere, the community is generally going to ensure you can progress to the point that you no longer "suck at this kind of stuff."

Using SFM as an example: its "Steve's Factory Manager", and its a rather complex and extremely powerful logistical mod. In this case it will allow you to move water, bottle it and store it. See youtube videos on it, you'll be impressed (once you get over the learning curve)[DOUBLEPOST=1408461194][/DOUBLEPOST]
Etching acid being drinkable is an exploit. It is also one I can't fix. So, you are breaking the intention of the pack, but I can't stop you.

And Direwolf. 50k new people watching my pack. No pressure.
Assume I know nothing about modding. Why do some fluids pick up themselves (water) when bottled, whereas others (etching acid) produce a default (of water)? Would the problem be solved by a modder adding a "bottle of etching acid" object?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Its a single player game, you can play however you want, no matter what anybody says. I was just surprised it was still possible.

Some people disable hardcode mode, some people backup and restore their world if they die. It only affects their game nobody else's game.
yeah, it's a single player game, but if someone is activating cheat mode to get everything they need they don't need to be on the forum bragging about their builds and "training" others.

I think it's pretty hard for anyone to claim that in a hardcore survival pack built around hydration that drinkable etching acid did not strike them as an exploit.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This was alluded to previously by someone (jokingly via the digital miner I believe) but has anyone considered "quarrying" out city structures via the pneumaticcraft drones?

Its probably more trouble than its worth, but, then, I suck at raiding zombie pig buildings, so its potentially worth a lot to me. No idea if it would work or how well.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
You're right, d3vilsangel04, I came off overly negative. I'm sorry. Let's improve things.

I do recommend for people to avoid any exploits. At the very least, it makes your screenshots and accomplishments more meaningful when you can do it "legitimately."

This is a fantastic thread for picking up tips and (non-exploitive) tricks. If you're getting stumped somewhere, the community is generally going to ensure you can progress to the point that you no longer "suck at this kind of stuff."

Using SFM as an example: its "Steve's Factory Manager", and its a rather complex and extremely powerful logistical mod. In this case it will allow you to move water, bottle it and store it. See youtube videos on it, you'll be impressed (once you get over the learning curve)[DOUBLEPOST=1408461194][/DOUBLEPOST]
Assume I know nothing about modding. Why do some fluids pick up themselves (water) when bottled, whereas others (etching acid) produce a default (of water)? Would the problem be solved by a modder adding a "bottle of etching acid" object?
I'm not a modder, but my assumption is that it must be a problem with pnuematicraft and how the game recognizes his etching acid. That said I'm not sure how high a priority the fix will be on his to do list.

I do think I"m going to wander over to the other forum and make sure it's been mentioned.

edit: I suppose it could be enviromine, but I think it'll be harder to fix there since I understand his mechanic to be biome based.

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
No, etching acid is Pneumaticcraft problem. He is aware, and is also not fixing it, because, outside of my pack, this is a trivial bug and is more trouble to fix than the benefits it would bring. MFR milk has the same problem if you plae it in world. Which is why you can't anymore.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
No, etching acid is Pneumaticcraft problem. He is aware, and is also not fixing it, because, outside of my pack, this is a trivial bug and is more trouble to fix than the benefits it would bring. MFR milk has the same problem if you plae it in world. Which is why you can't anymore.
oops, he's been pestered about it again..... lol.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Have you already considered removing etching acid from the pack? iirc, you can make printed boards without it using the neat gizmos we scavenge in pneumaticcraft buildings.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Having a blast with this mod. I finally chose the easy path just to get the sync shell up (tossed the extra loot and didn't use it) after my 5th silly death. Died twice to creepers while I was poking at them from the top of my wall. Just plain silly on my part.

Made it to the city (died again, yay the sync worked!) and set up a saferoom in the base of one of the towers.

Haven't started Pneumaticraft quests yet, but I will. No really! Soon...

But first I'm going to have to tidy up the base, maybe put in these new elevator blocks I looted. And the walls in my basement need replacin' ;)

Reactions: cannajan and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
*puts in earplugs* better get ready for a battle with those who don't want to HAVE to explore for pnuematicraft
lol, I thought I was presenting the "easy" route.

I'm guessing you can still build that stuff w/o visiting the cities (TNT = compressed iron = pressure chamber = pneumaticcraft machines)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

This must be specific to bottles then. I know for a fact that if you pick it up with a bucket, you get a bucket of acid back since after doing my initial creation of pcbs, I'd remove the acid puddle cause I'm an idiot and I'll fall into that little hole... :) from a completely non modders perspective, I would think it would be an easy fix. Possibly he just needs to register a bottle version of acid into mc at start? Not in CL atm so I could be talking out of my ass but I swear, that is what it seems to be....

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
This was alluded to previously by someone (jokingly via the digital miner I believe) but has anyone considered "quarrying" out city structures via the pneumaticcraft drones?

Its probably more trouble than its worth, but, then, I suck at raiding zombie pig buildings, so its potentially worth a lot to me. No idea if it would work or how well.
That was me. using the ender quarry. I still think that would be a good thing to do to 'clean' up the site after you are done to get any left over bits, etc.... would be nice to hear the cries of anguish from all those pigs oinking as to what's causing all this death and destruction. Take that Babe! Say hi to porky for me! :) oh woe is me. :)

On a side note, you know what this pack needs? Dust containing Dusty Silverfish, with 100% Special Mobs enhanced.

*ducks*

btw, one thing I do miss is BNB's humor. I still remember the first time venturing out and seeing a zombie then launching into space, die and you get the death message "Doomsquirter was killed by Whateverhisname the WHEEEEEEEEEEE" I pissed myself laughing so hard.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah but would the drones thing "work" ? :p

If I were home I suppose I could test it out, but I have zero knowledge of the drones other than what you can find on youtube (which isn't much btw)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
That was me. using the ender quarry. I still think that would be a good thing to do to 'clean' up the site after you are done to get any left over bits, etc.... would be nice to hear the cries of anguish from all those pigs oinking as to what's causing all this death and destruction. Take that Babe! Say hi to porky for me! :) oh woe is me. :)

On a side note, you know what this pack needs? Dust containing Dusty Silverfish, with 100% Special Mobs enhanced.

*ducks*

btw, one thing I do miss is BNB's humor. I still remember the first time venturing out and seeing a zombie then launching into space, die and you get the death message "Doomsquirter was killed by Whateverhisname the WHEEEEEEEEEEE" I pissed myself laughing so hard.
Dusty silverfish would be way to easy to avoid, unless you stumbled across them in the early game..... I also suspect many of them would be suffocated as, as soon as they spawned the gravity affected blocks fall upon them.

Not nearly evil enough[DOUBLEPOST=1408464909][/DOUBLEPOST]Who wants to go on the pnuematicraft forum and suggest he add throw-able bottles of etching acid as a weapon...... If I go and post it it's going to be a bit to obviously a backdoor solution to our problem.... lol

and yes, it wouldn't surprise me if he monitors this thread... :p

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...minecraft-mods/1289696-techmod-pneumaticcraft

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
I really find it hard to believe someone would progress so far into the tech tree and still not have a reliable source of water generation/supply. Transposing leaves and saplings with a survivalist generator or crucible melting leaves or cacti is easy, either way you can then store water in barrels or open block tanks. Compost leaves, string, rotten flesh, etc for dirt. So many ways to make dirt and water and ways to auto load, unload, and store...
I just don't see the etching acid being a real problem. I DO see an increasing push for "loot it from the city" it seems that instead of working to progress, it's just easier to loot your way forward. I'd rather actually earn and learn my way thru pnuematicraft. Maybe the cities are too easy to loot and need more spawners or something.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. :)
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
flying dusty silverfish of vampiric whee? :}

btw, this is not me dissing on the mod again, but yeah, I'll never use drones for anything till he updates quite a bit. the AI on those things is god awful and them getting destroyed by their own actions constantly makes them just too much like babysitting. It is one hell of a cool idea and the implementation is so awesome with those puzzle pieces. that part alone is genius. I see potential in it, just not now at this time for me at least.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Maybe the cities are too easy to loot and need more spawners or something.
Someone's clearly a much better twitch gamer than I am. I die so often in cities, even with fully enchanted invar armor, its not even funny anymore.

Would kill to see scavenging as a requirement removed completely, but whatever.

btw, this is not me dissing on the mod again, but yeah, I'll never use drones for anything till he updates quite a bit. the AI on those things is god awful and them getting destroyed by their own actions constantly makes them just too much like babysitting. It is one hell of a cool idea and the implementation is so awesome with those puzzle pieces. that part alone is genius. I see potential in it, just not now at this time for me at least.
Dang, I didn't know they weren't particularly reliable already.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I really find it hard to believe someone would progress so far into the tech tree and still not have a reliable source of water generation/supply. Transposing leaves and saplings with a survivalist generator or crucible melting leaves or cacti is easy, either way you can then store water in barrels or open block tanks. Compost leaves, string, rotten flesh, etc for dirt. So many ways to make dirt and water and ways to auto load, unload, and store...
I just don't see the etching acid being a real problem. I DO see an increasing push for "loot it from the city" it seems that instead of working to progress, it's just easier to loot your way forward. I'd rather actually earn and learn my way thru pnuematicraft. Maybe the cities are too easy to loot and need more spawners or something.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. :)
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk
The ultimate water machine is a harvester/planter combo (use 2 harvesters, one set to leaves other isn't so there is always a good chance to get more saplings), with all saplings going back to planter, leaves going to crucible(s) setup to get water from leaves (use the low-lag pyrotheum under crucible). You could even do dirt production there (or both as I do). Once that is setup? You will have so much wood, and water forever. period. once I get that, I have zero use for an AA or anything else since this will last as long as you give it power.

For power, there are so many options. Iskandar turned me onto TNT generators at one point and yeah, those work quite well if you put a sound muffler and stick them at the extent of your base. Very low maintenance and some very simple resources. Like anything in MC, getting one thing will require building blocks of other things to get to the thing you want to do. I think MC is the purest example of the road travelled, not the destination.

Btw, are the solar generators disabled in CL? Playing material energy^3 right now and finding them interesting, since you have to develop some sort of charge/power setup using daylight sensors or something to get power. It's a desert planet, lots of sun (it's in fact, killing you very slowly). wouldn't it sort of make sense to have those in game?