[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Dunno if this has already been posted, but in 1.1.2 the QDS "deletes"(not extensively tested but i put in 8 saplings and it's 0% complete when it should be 80% complete)water from the Fluid Transposer, making it impossible to complete the 'Sapping the Saplings' quest. Early game at least.

Side Note: anyone know how to get easy water? died of thirst 4 times in a multiplayer server, never even got to iron...
Your almost-certain problem is that you don't have that quest "selected" by the QDS. You need to click "mark active quest" or some such in the book, and then right-click the QDS, and THEN send it water.

er uber-ninja'd. So slow.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yeah. I need to redo the first post. Everything will be transitioned to http://crashlanding.wildwestscifi.net/ but that is a weork in progress. The Mods section of that website is up to date.

Ok, things are a bit stressful. My apologies if I get a bit short and snarky, it isn't personal, I just have a lot of crap to deal with.
Did DW20 ask to put the AA back in starter chest? :)

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Side Note: anyone know how to get easy water? died of thirst 4 times in a multiplayer server, never even got to iron...

For later on? You should work on either dirt production so you can get dirt + glass bottle = dirty water + furnace = water bottle or energy production via survivalist generator to keep on powering your fluid transposer. But then again that takes a furnace too so maybe the dirty water route might be easier?:)

Edit: Ninja'd:rolleyes:

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Someone's clearly a much better twitch gamer than I am. I die so often in cities, even with fully enchanted invar armor, its not even funny anymore.

Would kill to see scavenging as a requirement removed completely, but whatever.

Dang, I didn't know they weren't particularly reliable already.

Taken out of context that phrase sounds bad. LOL
Truth is I'm more of a "build it and packrat it player" than fighter.

We appear to be like minded in that we don't like the scavenge it only path. It took a long time to build a smeltery via crucible, but the feeling of accomplishment was worth it.

My point was that in reading this thread, I get the impression that it's easier to just go scavenging than actually build and craft for progression.

Wazepas1

Jul 29, 2019
Could my minecraft just freeze after ~10 minutes of playing crash landing couse it dosent have enough permgen? (in multi mc it says that server cant keep up etc.).Everything was fine in the previous version

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Not in this pack yet, no. It could be handy for finding "secrets" though, particularly buried chests in buildings.
Would it be able to help find particular things like the smeltery in the chest if you had it? Or does it not work like that?

I'm kind of starting to like PneuCraft. Even though my pipes keep exploding:p - or maybe I like it because they do?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Would it be able to help find particular things like the smeltery in the chest if you had it? Or does it not work like that?

I'm kind of starting to like PneuCraft. Even though my pipes keep exploding:p - or maybe I like it because they do?
It will definitely help you find things in chests.

In fact if iirc, you can filter it to only identify certain things by name if you want to.

I've used it before in strongholds, and its amazing with chests: when you look at one (even through walls or whatever) it lists whats inside of it.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.3 Update

Iskandar wants to get rid of the massive cits and replace them with districts in which the buildings are burried I want ppl to see the buildings iv made and everybody else just wants more.

So i plan on creating 2 sets 3 districts one burried 10 deep one burried 4 deep. Add 11 ruined buildings to the districts and as lone buildings. Add about 9-10 lone buildings in addition to the ruined buildings and maybe add some more dunes.
Iv got most of it worked out but still needs a bit more work befor i can send the finished work to Iskandar but he has liked every thing iv sent so far.

Now whether he can get all of this balanced quickley enouf will determine how much gets implemented in 1.1.3

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
This was alluded to previously by someone (jokingly via the digital miner I believe) but has anyone considered "quarrying" out city structures via the pneumaticcraft drones?

Its probably more trouble than its worth, but, then, I suck at raiding zombie pig buildings, so its potentially worth a lot to me. No idea if it would work or how well.
Hah, I would kill for a digital miner in those cities... I've been conquering buildings from top to bottom. Water buckets, sky lights, and oodles of dust.

Reactions: cannajan and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
1.1.3 Update

Iskandar wants to get rid of the massive cits and replace them with districts in which the buildings are burried I want ppl to see the buildings iv made and everybody else just wants more.

So i plan on creating 2 sets 3 districts one burried 10 deep one burried 4 deep. Add 11 ruined buildings to the districts and as lone buildings. Add about 9-10 lone buildings in addition to the ruined buildings and maybe add some more dunes.
Iv got most of it worked out but still needs a bit more work befor i can send the finished work to Iskandar but he has liked every thing iv sent so far.

Now whether he can get all of this balanced quickley enouf will determine how much gets implemented in 1.1.3
Call me crazy, but i think a buried pigman tower would be a lot easier to work with than the current ones. So I'm all for that. (hate twitchy play in MC)

rest of that all sounds good too.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Call me crazy, but i think a buried pigman tower would be a lot easier to work with than the current ones. So I'm all for that. (hate twitchy play in MC)

rest of that all sounds good too.
just rember burried buildings means dark buildings with little excape room

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
just rember burried buildings means dark buildings with little excape room
just remember I have a big scythe ok?

seriously that's a good point. Hmm. I dunno, I still think it might be easier since I can easily close off sections as I explore (and, frankly, exploit the crappy AI by killing them through 1 block windows as necessary)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
1.1.3 Update

How hard would it be to connect those cities by rails? That way we can hop in a cart and go wheeeee to next city? Or at least a good portion of it already setup or something with holes here and there.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
How hard would it be to connect those cities by rails? That way we can hop in a cart and go wheeeee to next city? Or at least a good portion of it already setup or something with holes here and there.
you know that is something i thought of when i made the subway sadley it cant be done

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Also, is there a mod that you could add that acts as a locator for these cities? sort of like the AE2 compass thing that you find the meteors with. I'm just imagining roamind the desert ala kung fu each time you go looking. With nothing but your map to work with, that could get old real quick.

Playing with 2 packs that use the AE spatial pylons. That would be an interesting city find. A virtual aquatic oasis, with beach and all. I expect alot more things of that nature to come around now that those 2 packs have been out. It's a very interesting game mechanic.[DOUBLEPOST=1408474106][/DOUBLEPOST]
you know that is something i thought of when i made the subway sadley it cant be done
sound like someone needs to create "Steve's Rails to other Towns" mod. hmmmmmm can't call it steve's carts..... name taken by some guy.

Ok, that actually is a good idea. We need to add steve's carts. the track layer alone would be incredibly handy here.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
just remember I have a big scythe ok?

seriously that's a good point. Hmm. I dunno, I still think it might be easier since I can easily close off sections as I explore (and, frankly, exploit the crappy AI by killing them through 1 block windows as necessary)
And don't forget that buried means you can dig tunnels so you only have to worry about what's in front of you. I find clearing dungeons in a voxel building game to be way too easy if the AI doesn't know how to dig. But then on the other side, it could be 7 Days to Die where zombies punch through meters of solid some to get to the player that they somehow detect through meters of solid stone.

Reactions: Pyure

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019

Adding Railcraft or an equivalent could be a pretty cool alternative means of transport. Provided balance can be maintained. :)

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
And don't forget that buried means you can dig tunnels so you only have to worry about what's in front of you. I find clearing dungeons in a voxel building game to be way too easy if the AI doesn't know how to dig. But then on the other side, it could be 7 Days to Die where zombies punch through meters of solid some to get to the player that they somehow detect through meters of solid stone.

one problem with tunnels the buildings wont be compleatley buried so there will still be mobs on the surface so unless you have a lot of cobble to build a roof over your tunnle as you go well you may end up with an unexpected guest Dropping in for a visit

Reactions: Pyure