[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Of course later in the game it doesn't matter much, but I was struggling with iron up until that point with no xp with PnematicCraft so it was a challenge to get that much.
The part at the beginning where you have to put items inside the chamber, wait for the items to be made, and then break the chamber to get the items out, you only have to do that 1 time to make the interfaces. After that you don't break the chamber blocks ever again. At least that's how I do it. So I don't need the nei magnet mode.

Laketri

Jul 29, 2019
[DOUBLEPOST=1407962286][/DOUBLEPOST]

If the world is there in it's save directory, then you might have multiple entries for it (duplicates) upon starting a new world/choosing one. If it doesn't show up, if there's no directory, then there's no way of telling where it went. Future reference. use aromabackup (google it) and make backup of your ftb sub dir for the pack before you upgrade or do anything, especially for things you don't want to lose. You also might want to look into multimc. You can copy/create new instance of any ftb packs right there and run them w/o ftb launcher.

Thank you for responding, however I'm not entirely sure what to do with that information.

If anyone can make something of the console, here's what happens as soon as I open singleplayer:
http://pastebin.com/ndqL7ekp
And if needed, the entire log from startup to singleplayer:
http://pastebin.com/GgkMXcsg

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Thank you for responding, however I'm not entirely sure what to do with that information.

If anyone can make something of the console, here's what happens as soon as I open singleplayer:
http://pastebin.com/ndqL7ekp
And if needed, the entire log from startup to singleplayer:
http://pastebin.com/GgkMXcsg
I'm guessing here (completely) but all the gzip msgs make me think you have a corrupted mod somewhere along the line. Either find the offending mod by testing all the zips/jars in your mod directory or redownload (force). It may not have anything to do with your world. Downgrading back to 1.1.1 may have caused this issue.[DOUBLEPOST=1407966820][/DOUBLEPOST]So, I want to open up a bookstore from all the books I have gotten but we have ALOT of useless books. There are meta id's 5, 7, 8 etc... where 0 is the only valid book. thus, I have a bunch of books and I need to burn a bunch. Is this because of bibliocraft somehow? Is there a way to fix this? I take it you guys decided to mix and match those bookshelves for aesthetics? Having to switch between pick/axe while dismantling the whole thing was sort of a chore. Can we turn these other books maybe into furnace fuel? hehe

Laketri

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing here (completely) but all the gzip msgs make me think you have a corrupted mod somewhere along the line. Either find the offending mod by testing all the zips/jars in your mod directory or redownload (force). It may not have anything to do with your world. Downgrading back to 1.1.1 may have caused this issue.

I downgraded to 1.1.0, then upgraded to 1.1.1, and suddenly the worlds "CrashLandingA", "CrashLandingEasy", and "CrashLadningHard" appreared. None of which were created by me. I can play on these worlds, but my world is still not on that list. Any other ideas?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Boy, Doomsquirters description of the city has me arming my toon like I was planning to land at Inchon single handedly.

Aguy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I'm new to the forums. I just recently noticed the 1.1.2 update today and i realized i can't make grout anymore with clay, sand and gravel. I checked the book and it said check the ruins but to my surprise i cant find any with in 1000 blocks. I am playing a map that I started on 1.1.1 so i was wondering if i have to start all over again on the new version or go farther in my world or is there anyway i can delete or change something in my save file. i got very far and i would be upset if I have to start all over again.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.2. Day 16 - Crafted my first set of itemducts. Setup my first semi-automatic dirty water to clean water system with a tinkers workstation connected to the chest where water bottles end up. Setup my semi-auto leaves to dirt production with the remaining itemducts. Got a large area walled up in front of my ship now. I don't have it spider-proof yet but things are going real well. I've got 10 stacks of gravel in a chest ready to sift as well.

Haven't gone to the city yet.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I think I understand the book thing. Not bibliocraft. chisel. and I think byproducts (i.e. books) come with same meta that original item has, so yea, guess we're stuck with useless books.

So, I'm seeing a bad side to this. Now I'm looking at this like nethack or something and just wanting to go through city more and more and don't feel like settling down and building base, etc... :( food is my only issue but I started a 9x9 before I left and it's doing OK.

Running from the pig zombies through the desert with a vampire in the lead. I keep singing in my head Police On My Back by the clash. then the benny hill theme. these guys are what really cause frustration in the city. Guess it could have been worse. I found a flying spider in my base, err flying. and I had a serious focus issue with mini creepers and a large spider coming at me and I was thinking I had to see an optometrist.

There is so much NOPE around here it isn't even funny. I love it.

I made some nice invar armor. wish environmine had upgrades to camel pack to make it more armorable. I highly recommend enchanting books till you get some fire protection to put on said armor. It helps so much with blazes. I was in heat stroke so much my first 2 trips. Now I haven't had a single blip. I'm just rotating 4 camel packs that I keep in knapsack.

back to nope city.[DOUBLEPOST=1407969287][/DOUBLEPOST]
Boy, Doomsquirters description of the city has me arming my toon like I was planning to land at Inchon single handedly.
Sorry! Am not trying to spoil. It's nightmarish at first but once you start pegging away at the spawners, they're just more aggravated and it gets 10 times worse, so yeah. bring lots of sun screen, kevlar, and whiskey. All you need. oh and some wooden swords I guess. I got nike's.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Hi I'm new to the forums. I just recently noticed the 1.1.2 update today and i realized i can't make grout anymore with clay, sand and gravel. I checked the book and it said check the ruins but to my surprise i cant find any with in 1000 blocks. I am playing a map that I started on 1.1.1 so i was wondering if i have to start all over again on the new version or go farther in my world or is there anyway i can delete or change something in my save file. i got very far and i would be upset if I have to start all over again.

1.1.2 has new map. w/o new map, no ruins. no ruins, no shinies. no shinies, no progression. grout recipe is gone, and new recipe changes like servos require seared brick, so you will be cut off at knees w/o new map. read posts prior to see what I've described.

Starkdonkey

Jul 29, 2019
I have just started playing this mod. I have been unable to complete the first quest because the fluid transposers are already placed. I have tried watching several video guides and it appears this was not the case in previous versions. I am unsure how to proceed

Aguy

Jul 29, 2019
Darn that's what i was a afraid of i guess time to start over, in the next updates it should sync with the previous versions load the ruins in the unloaded chunks

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I think I understand the book thing. Not bibliocraft. chisel. and I think byproducts (i.e. books) come with same meta that original item has, so yea, guess we're stuck with useless books.

So, I'm seeing a bad side to this. Now I'm looking at this like nethack or something and just wanting to go through city more and more and don't feel like settling down and building base, etc... :( food is my only issue but I started a 9x9 before I left and it's doing OK.

Running from the pig zombies through the desert with a vampire in the lead. I keep singing in my head Police On My Back by the clash. then the benny hill theme. these guys are what really cause frustration in the city. Guess it could have been worse. I found a flying spider in my base, err flying. and I had a serious focus issue with mini creepers and a large spider coming at me and I was thinking I had to see an optometrist.

There is so much NOPE around here it isn't even funny. I love it.

I made some nice invar armor. wish environmine had upgrades to camel pack to make it more armorable. I highly recommend enchanting books till you get some fire protection to put on said armor. It helps so much with blazes. I was in heat stroke so much my first 2 trips. Now I haven't had a single blip. I'm just rotating 4 camel packs that I keep in knapsack.

back to nope city.[DOUBLEPOST=1407969287][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry! Am not trying to spoil. It's nightmarish at first but once you start pegging away at the spawners, they're just more aggravated and it gets 10 times worse, so yeah. bring lots of sun screen, kevlar, and whiskey. All you need. oh and some wooden swords I guess. I got nike's.

Lol, nothing to be sorry for..... I loved BnB and with such levels of death preperation is key...... walking uprepared into a new experience is a quick way to find yourself starting over..... lol[DOUBLEPOST=1407970779][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have just started playing this mod. I have been unable to complete the first quest because the fluid transposers are already placed. I have tried watching several video guides and it appears this was not the case in previous versions. I am unsure how to proceed

You need to shift click the transpors with the wrench..... but you may want to familiarze yourself with this packs mods before playing. If you are trying to learn basic thermal expansion on the first day I suspect you are setting yourself up for frustration

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder which is better, to spider-proof my walls so they can't get it, but I have to deal with them outside of the walls where it isn't safe in the morning, or to let the spiders in my base where it is nice and controlled and I can kill them all in the morning in a secure manor.

Day 17, went outside my wall and found myself in a showdown with this blue jumping spider. Heart was racing but I killed it without it even touching me.
Day 18. Got myself 3 invar sheers thanks to the grind stone. Made myself some sand and smelted up some glass to make more glass bottles. Made a 2nd camel pack too. Time to expand the tree farm.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering what mod that add a little pop up whenever you receive items on the right hand corner?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
Darn that's what i was a afraid of i guess time to start over, in the next updates it should sync with the previous versions load the ruins in the unloaded chunks
I get the new terrain generation in my 1.1.1 world if I go far enough away. I have to go really really far away as I ran around a lot to make special mobs despawn and spawn things like ghasts and withers...

For 1.1.2 I plan on making a base close to the city. I think I can get enough water in the first couple of days so that I don't spend much time at the ship. Thinking about it I might just wall up the ship for the first night get an iron bucket to carry blazing pyro and take off on the second day...[DOUBLEPOST=1407972816][/DOUBLEPOST]With a bone pick and the road lamps I think I can secure the first level of a building. As the city is pre generated I know right where the spider spawner is and can break it from the outside.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I get the new terrain generation in my 1.1.1 world if I go far enough away. I have to go really really far away as I ran around a lot to make special mobs despawn and spawn things like ghasts and withers...

For 1.1.2 I plan on making a base close to the city. I think I can get enough water in the first couple of days so that I don't spend much time at the ship. Thinking about it I might just wall up the ship for the first night get an iron bucket to carry blazing pyro and take off on the second day...[DOUBLEPOST=1407972816][/DOUBLEPOST]With a bone pick and the road lamps I think I can secure the first level of a building. As the city is pre generated I know right where the spider spawner is and can break it from the outside.

Having a bucket of blazing pyrotheum or lava in your inventory will cause you to heat up. Might not be able to carry it all of the way to a city without the use of several cold water bottles or traveling at night.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Lol, nothing to be sorry for..... I loved BnB and with such levels of death preperation is key...... walking uprepared into a new experience is a quick way to find yourself starting over..... lol[DOUBLEPOST=1407970779][/DOUBLEPOST]

ya see, that is the problem tho. I 'loved' bnb but then eyamaz took it to such great depths of masochistic punishment, it took the fun out of it for me.
I remember setting up a base one time, before I knew there was lava monsters. decided going to be sneaky and make lava moat all around my base. wha ? lava monsters? fuh. this was early on. died so many times. This was before the invaders, etc... I used to laugh myself silly over the antics of the zombies, grabbing each other and tossing the other over the lava to get at me and I'd run like a baby. I setup such a nice base, then found out that they can freaking mine into my walls. I was scared shitless. I had never seen that before. base was done for. they spawn camped me and I gave up. Another try, saw the new father toast mounted creeper spiders and ghast creepers and I was like NOPE. but I persevered. Go through that post and you'll see me NOPE'ing hard. Then the invaders came and I took this snap of them getting on each others back ala circus with a quote along the lines that they are evolving to kill me. It was fun trying to outwit an AI that wasn't really that smart but was pwning my ass. Overnight it seemed that it went from that much fun to "ok, now you have a quest. you need to bring me 12 bumbersnatches to make a quidditch cube in the nightmare world so that you can make a wood plank". I suddenly felt like I walked in on gregtech's wet dream or something.

BNB was my favorite pack till finding CL. I just hope so much that it doesn't go same way. I know ppl love bnb still. Just not me. I stress easilly. I don't play games to stress. that's as simple as it gets. a tiny bit of stress is good. too much stress, not so much.
[DOUBLEPOST=1407974334][/DOUBLEPOST]

yeah, I should have said that but wasn't thinking clearly. Ignore my previous. UberZogster is correct. You will just have to rely on the RNG being favorable and you can find a city close by. I do think iskandar said that this would hopefully be the last map reset kind of thing unless there's something drastic moving forward, so this problem shouldn't occur again. Sorry about misinformation.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
evil thought of the day:

Pillar up above city skyline, make a very very large area of planks all around outer perimeter then put fences on top (2 - 3 hours later). Add one ender quarry. Come back a couple minecraft weeks later. oh, and have a HUGE amount of chests/ae system to collect an entire city's worth of stuff. Once done, mine all that dirt for even more cheaty sweetness. iirc, the ender quarry will mine out chests and take contents. heh

Reactions: cannajan

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Having a bucket of blazing pyrotheum or lava in your inventory will cause you to heat up. Might not be able to carry it all of the way to a city without the use of several cold water bottles or traveling at night.
Yeah, I don't think I'd take either lava or pyrotherm with me unless I had a bag to carry it in. That said it really doesn't take much infrastructure to cook up some lava once you reach the city.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
evil thought of the day:

Pillar up above city skyline, make a very very large area of planks all around outer perimeter then put fences on top (2 - 3 hours later). Add one ender quarry. Come back a couple minecraft weeks later. oh, and have a HUGE amount of chests/ae system to collect an entire city's worth of stuff. Once done, mine all that dirt for even more cheaty sweetness. iirc, the ender quarry will mine out chests and take contents. heh

Evil indeed! Although by the time you can afford an ender quarry you should pretty much have all of the resources you need to do anything you want :p