[1.6.4] Devil Island HardCore Quest v1.0.1

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Umm ok sorry had dinner with my grandparents tonight that i forgot about and when i came back and loaded the pack i noticed there was no map so i downloaded the one from the OP and it gave me a notepad file with nothing in it.... Call me crazy but arent save files in a normal folder not a zip rar or notepad document?

Dewilchoo

Jul 29, 2019
Umm ok sorry had dinner with my grandparents tonight that i forgot about and when i came back and loaded the pack i noticed there was no map so i downloaded the one from the OP and it gave me a notepad file with nothing in it.... Call me crazy but arent save files in a normal folder not a zip rar or notepad document?
Modpack code: DevIsland
Map download: http://goo.gl/pZ1a4Z

CPP2599

Jul 29, 2019
In the Advanced Smelting quest. The smeltery controller should be the high oven controller, right?

EDIT: Btw, here are the pictures that you asked. I couldn't play in my old world, too much lag, I don't know why. However I had a backup of my world in 13/07. Now I'm playing in that one and it seems fine.

Pictures here:

b27055.png

Sorry for bad quality, It seems that when I upload the screenshots lost quality :s

Last edited:
Reactions: Dewilchoo

Dewilchoo

Jul 29, 2019
In the Advanced Smelting quest. The smeltery controller should be the high oven controller, right?
Sure enough, all the things in the Adv. Smeltery are from scorched high oven :)

Btw: i think the lag is from that the world wasnt with bedrock at the end... get the new map its the same thread but there is a update link :)

k9officer09

Jul 29, 2019
Will there be additional quests coming?? Great mod pack so far. All the bugs and suggestions I have look like they have already been addressed in this forum

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Ok not very far into it and i know you were asking for feedback along time ago and i dont know if you still are so im just going to say my share. The reward bags shouldnt be cpu and processors 100% of the time maybe tone them down or add more variety and the only other qualm i have so far is the boating task. That needs to be get with in 5 or so blocks of it not right on it. I had to hold my boat on the block for a second or 2 without moving at all becuase it was bobbing and i was at level 63 instead of 64.

Dewilchoo

Jul 29, 2019
Will there be additional quests coming?? Great mod pack so far. All the bugs and suggestions I have look like they have already been addressed in this forum
Yes working on them and some more mods added and removed some of them! :)

Ok not very far into it and i know you were asking for feedback along time ago and i dont know if you still are so im just going to say my share. The reward bags shouldnt be cpu and processors 100% of the time maybe tone them down or add more variety and the only other qualm i have so far is the boating task. That needs to be get with in 5 or so blocks of it not right on it. I had to hold my boat on the block for a second or 2 without moving at all becuase it was bobbing and i was at level 63 instead of 64.
Yep thats the hole idea so you can pillar somehow to get there :)

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Yes working on them and some more mods added and removed some of them! :)

Yep thats the hole idea so you can pillar somehow to get there :)

Just morphed into a squid and that helped a lot

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So I've played quite a bit (day or two) and I will say it's nice to be surrounded by water after playing crash landing for weeks on end and all.. *heh*

But, I see alot of copypasta from agskies including like names of quests from agskies (blood mary ala mary had a butcher shop iirc). You might want to be a bit more original here. I think some of the configs are picked directly (i.e. jadedblood mod configs) tho that could just be me being overly paranoid. I'm trying to see what's unique here other than agskies in water. You got morph which is cool, but for some reason, even as a bat, I take damage in 1x1 spaces which sorta obliviates the need to have a small creature since that was always a cool feature of morph to be able to run your piping and then go back and fix it half size. wierd issue and I don't know what causes it.

Overall I had some fun but it got boring pretty quickly since there's either no volume of quests as filler to give you something to work with, and you don't have a centerpiece mod that you are trying to balance everything around. Also, with the ocean biome everywhere, not sure what you plan to do for having animals, if any. I see some recipes dealing with blood magic which is cool but agskies did that too.

If you're trying to center everything around the ocean biome you might want to add the weather/tornadoes mod (tropicacraft?) and there was a mod tho it might have been divinerpg that had water monsters tho I thought BNB had it in there at one point. As it stands now, the only time I had issues with mobs was when I caused it myself (ala agskies). For example died while digging down under base to extend downwards, got me my bat but also a ton of monsters when I flew back up for first time and they had all hung out to greet me on my ascension. A creeper exploded, and if I had a gravestone, it was well gone by the time I got back which really frustrated me to the point that I didn't want to continue.

All in all, nice idea, but probably too early in development to be asking for input? Sorry. Not trying to be harsh here, just realistic.

FraniXMC

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great modpack, good map but needs better rewards (for example, the sand quest)
I hope new quests :D

Solclaim

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there lovin the pack. i don't know how open to suggestions you are but here i go...

quest reward bags they seem out of sorts... not too much change in them i seem to get the Ae bag all the time not sure how to change them out but if you need suggestions i'd be happy to "build" a few bags for ya

look into the spice of live mod ... you have pams and reg mc foods make your players change foods around instead of eating strawberry juice all day

while exploring the world i fell out of it about 150-200 blocks out from the island?

also when i die i get a tomb stone and my items go bye bye is that how you wanted it ?

Thanks and i can't wait to see the next step you do !!!
Solclaim