[1.6.4] Devil Island HardCore Quest v1.0.1

Dewilchoo

Jul 29, 2019
@CPP2599 Thinking of adding the mod for the heat of the player and keep him nice and cold, but there is a lot of water around... :D

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
That's what Crash Landing adds, you want to go for something different, heck learn to make a basic mod if needs be, that way you can add it in and have your own little gameplay mechanic

Reactions: CPP2599

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Be cool if there'd be like Hostile Worlds and instead of a portal, it's a pirate ship and then pirates would start swimming trying to kill you and grief your base but then not sure how Hardcore you are trying to make this modpack.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
If not added already random things and if you do use the suggestion by @tetshio then to combat the "invaders" you should add utility mobs

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Dewilchoo

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, all the mods are really not touched with the config files :) Only the hqm mode and the overhaul are touched little bit.. Thinking of adding more recipes but not disableing things :)

Also searching for people helping with the HQM Quests any ideas and some stuff someone can actually make a .txt file and send it on paste bin or something and then on PM it will be helpful for me and i will add his help in the credits! :)

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I have another good idea for HQM, since the new HQM can detect visited coordinates, maybe mid-end game, and when a player reaches one area, the coordinates of a lost treasure chest deep in the ocean can make the player set on an adventure to retrieve valuable materials for some quests. And those chests are guarded by underwater mobs / pirates. :D

I can throw a bunch of suggestions but with regards to coding and other stuff regarding mod configs and all, I can't do any of those :(

CPP2599

Jul 29, 2019
Tetshio idea sounds pretty good you should add hidden chests and maybe one or two islands. And it will be cool if each island had diferent things. Like the first is made of sand, the second is made of stone and third is made of dust, and in each island should be a hidden chest like tetshio suggested. :p
The first quest-line (or chapter, or set, call him whatever you want) should, of course, be about the basics of surviving. How to get food, ores, supplies,... basically how to start with the game. The first few quests should be about puching trees and start with some mods.

Since that in the backstory you talk about a hut it will be nice if you add one to the map, and maybe make the island a little bit bigger.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I got an idea to make this have its own flare. Now I don't know if this is possible but you should make a leveling up system. So like start out with 3 vanilla hearts(damage) and be able to get more. Also make stack sizes for everything smaller or make it a slowness and mining fatique debugging if say you go over 16 cobble but again a suggestion.

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
This is going to be a modpack, right?
There are so many hardcore packs right now, what makes yours different?

Reactions: psp

Dewilchoo

Jul 29, 2019
Other mechanic and a lot of progress with the HQM book and without it. With other words there will be not only quests but some more building stuff things which other modpacks dont use :)

Dewilchoo

Jul 29, 2019
Submited the beta access to the ftb laucher soon to be added!
Also need some more suggestions for the next update doe.

CPP2599

Jul 29, 2019
Submited the beta access to the ftb laucher soon to be added!
Also need some more suggestions for the next update doe.

I've just saw this message after PM you XD.
In my opinion, in ther first few updates you should see what kind of bugs are you having and correct them. I think that working on the quest line is very important because that is what is going to become your pack more unique, as well as the custom mod that you said you'll add.
The first updates also should be to kind of test your new mod. Because it'll be the first time that your mod will be shown to the "public", right? So the beta also should be to correct some issues that you might get. But if your mod works perfectly you don't need to :p

Dewilchoo

Jul 29, 2019
There are so much applications for 3th modpacks, so they will be uploaded slowly, so i got a message that my pack is accepted and i will recieve a E-mail when its uploaded, then i will set the Pack code so you can test it..

PS: Btw, i am currectly going to upload the map but without the quest book cuz i am working on the quest mod yet!

CPP2599

Jul 29, 2019
There are so much applications for 3th modpacks, so they will be uploaded slowly, so i got a message that my pack is accepted and i will recieve a E-mail when its uploaded, then i will set the Pack code so you can test it..

PS: Btw, i am currectly going to upload the map but without the quest book cuz i am working on the quest mod yet!
:) Can't wait XD It will be awsome, i hope :p

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
Looks good. I got a question. What will the lore be? There are already some modpacks about being stranded on an island. My advice would be to create a good backstory to stick out.

CPP2599

Jul 29, 2019
Looks good. I got a question. What will the lore be? There are already some modpacks about being stranded on an island. My advice would be to create a good backstory to stick out.
There is already a backstory... XD