Version 1.4.5 FINAL - Mysterious Book O'Tech [1.6.4] {Tech/GregTech} {RPG} {HQM/Quest} {Hardcore}

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I just added the TooMuch Loot mod which adds beautiful config for all dungeon loot and I just removed any ingots or pickaxe spawns (Ingots that can be used to make a higher tier pick) and also diamonds. This way these is no way of advancing with out the proper materials and dungeon chests won't work! :D
Cool, I feel a bit bad about this as I got diamonds as a part of my loot.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, I feel a bit bad about this as I got diamonds as a part of my loot.
Why feel bad? You got loot before I managed to get rid of it so you should feel lucky considering :p Like people that get stuff before it is nerfed or removed or whatever get an advantage and should use it. Because it shows that they have been playing awhile :D

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Why feel bad? You got loot before I managed to get rid of it so you should feel lucky considering :p Like people that get stuff before it is nerfed or removed or whatever get an advantage and should use it. Because it shows that they have been playing awhile :D
Thanks a bunch for the kind words, I am really enjoying your quest progression so far so keep up the good work!

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a bunch for the kind words, I am really enjoying your quest progression so far so keep up the good work!
No problem! I do wanna let you and everyone else know that the next update will be 1.4.3 and the changelog for it can be found in the changelog section! However, the update after this one will be the 1.5 update and will be the biggest update yet! I have many plans for 1.5 and I hope that it will really change this modpack and make it truly much closer to what I originally imagined for the modpack in the beginning. I don't want to say much on the matter right now but just wanted to say that it will have a new questline (maybe more than one) and also will have quite a few changes to recipes (minetweaker) and other config changes to help make this proper. Keep in mind tho this does not mean I will be removing quests or anything so don't worry about that :p But just be on the look out for 1.5 changelog as I will be constantly updating it as I work on it. Also cause I know some may ask what is the ETA for 1.5 and my goal is to have it done with in about 2 weeks. (Maybe less :D)

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Okay guys! I have submitted 1.4.3 update and it should be up sometime soon. A few things tho that I wanted to note because I know people will notice it right away is first off, now logs when crafted yield only one plank at a time. So to get 4 make a SAW ASAP. Also the recipe shows that a saw and a plank will craft 2 planks and 4 planks (there are 2 recipes the 4 plank recipe is what actually works) The reason there is 1 log to 1 plank now is not something I did intentionally. By making GregTech not force load last it messed up this recipe a little bit and caused this. For 1.5 I plan on fixing all of this using minetweaker but it is a lot of work and didn't wanna delay the 1.4.3 update by a whole week. The way I worked around this tho is by giving extra wood for reward in the starting quests so its not that bad also I added a new quest that is right after getting your copper pick which is to get a saw. So really the 1 log to 1 plank isn't that bad and it may stay. (I have an idea where iron and bronze saws yield 2 planks, and steel and tungesteel saws yield 4) So this would add more of a progression to the tools. But I will see depending. For now I want you guys to enjoy 1.4.3 because it has many sweet changes and look forward to 1.5 :D

I also as a quick note added Known Bugs and Issues to the Changelog page so look there for already known bugs!

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Any good ideas for increasing ender-lily seed drop rates? I have a nice 9x9 farm on end stone with a golem (harvest+order) and have produced nearly 10k enderpearls and have only 27 extra seeds. I have tried using the ender core blocks but didn't get a single extra seed there. Also tried with and without lamps of growth.

Also, what methods are you using to get the nanosuit helmet to craft? Internet provides many ways from cheating it in to additional jars to add, just curious what everyone playing this pack is doing.

Last edited:

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Any good ideas for increasing ender-lily seed drop rates? I have a nice 9x9 farm on end stone with a golem (harvest+order) and have produced nearly 10k enderpearls and have only 27 extra seeds. I have tried using the ender core blocks but didn't get a single extra seed there. Also tried with and without lamps of growth.

Also, what methods are you using to get the nanosuit helmet to craft? Internet provides many ways from cheating it in to additional jars to add, just curious what everyone playing this pack is doing.
I may up the droprate because it is a little low. Also what do you mean by "get the nanosuit helmet to craft"? Like I don't understand what you mean there

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I may up the droprate because it is a little low. Also what do you mean by "get the nanosuit helmet to craft"? Like I don't understand what you mean there
The nanosuit helmet won't craft:
Crafting recipe

No output. Tried with the night vision goggles just crafted and various charge levels.

Attachments

• 2014-07-26_08.52.11.png
    2014-07-26_08.52.11.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 2014-07-26_08.52.41.png
    2014-07-26_08.52.41.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 81

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
The nanosuit helmet won't craft:
Crafting recipe

No output. Tried with the night vision goggles just crafted and various charge levels.
Not Sure! I will look into that! Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1406387562][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay. I wanted to put this message out because since HQM just got updated to 1.7.10. I am officially stopping development for 1.6.4 (this doesn't mean there won't be updates for bug fixes and stuff :p What it means is that I am going to start work on 1.7.10 and porting everything to that! So 1.5 I think will be the first 1.7.10 update! (meaning new questlines will happen after the conversion is complete :D YEAH for 1.7.10!!!

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. I wanted to put this message out because since HQM just got updated to 1.7.10. I am officially stopping development for 1.6.4 (this doesn't mean there won't be updates for bug fixes and stuff :p What it means is that I am going to start work on 1.7.10 and porting everything to that! So 1.5 I think will be the first 1.7.10 update! (meaning new questlines will happen after the conversion is complete :D YEAH for 1.7.10!!!
I wanted to retract my previous statement in saying that even tho 1.7.10 is there and starting to have a lot of mods update still many key ones (GregTech) haven't been updated. So I decided I'm gonna keep 1.6.4 development going. However, I will also be working on 1.7.10 development in the background and will keep the changelog for both up. This way you can see the progress of 1.7.10. (Since a changelog will be there doesn't mean it will be downloadadble. The changelog is just so you guys know what to expect. AKA modlist and so on)

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to retract my previous statement in saying that even tho 1.7.10 is there and starting to have a lot of mods update still many key ones (GregTech) haven't been updated. So I decided I'm gonna keep 1.6.4 development going. However, I will also be working on 1.7.10 development in the background and will keep the changelog for both up. This way you can see the progress of 1.7.10. (Since a changelog will be there doesn't mean it will be downloadadble. The changelog is just so you guys know what to expect. AKA modlist and so on)
Okay so this post is gonna be a little bit lengthy however, this is a serious topic that I want everyone's feedback on, because it is a decision I cannot make on my own!

Right now I have hit a crossroads in MBOT and what will happen to it for the upcoming releases. Let me elaborate on this. So when I say upcoming releases I am first talking about whether I should stay to 1.6.4 or advance to 1.7.10. The issues for both of these problems is as follows. Since HQM has come out for 1.7.10 I see many modpacks moving to 1.7.10 meaning there is a much lower chance that people will still start to play MBOT. However, on the flip side 1.7.10 still has many key mods outdated or the mods have been completely rewritten for 1.7.10 and are still missing a lot of functionality. So my first question I want to ask you guys is what should I do? Should I stay on 1.6.4 and keep making the modpack better (aka more quests and storyline and so on) or should I start from new with the mods that are updated and start working on 1.7.10?

Another problem I face isn't really a problem but something that is bothering me a lot and is something I want to address. MBOT right now is at a point where I feel like with the stability and the progression of quests I would say is either late Alpha or early beta. Which don't get me wrong is beautiful. The issue lies in this being that, in my opinion, doesn’t serve the purpose it was made for. The name “Mysterious” implies that what is going to happen, is new, different, something never seen before. What MBOT is right now, is a list put together of all really well known mods and simply a questline made of these great mods (some of which are my favourites) I don’t want to sugar coat it and say my mudpack is the best and bla bla bla, because simply it’s not. Yes, it is unique in the fact that you won’t find a modpack with exactly the same, mods with the same configs and all, and yes the modpack is lots of fun to play through (I have had a lot of fun myself already) But the cold hard fact is that the modpack itself isn’t, again my opinion (let me know if I’m wrong or what you think), just isn’t living up to its name and doesn’t have the Mystery behind it like it should. So my second question for you guys is if I do stay 1.6.4 should I remove any mods or lower the limit? Now on the topic of all of this I wanted to throughout another question in asking, Is if I go 1.7.10 would you guys want to see a whole new set of mods that work together in unison and that you don’t have to much of the same functionality?

One thing that really bothers me about MBOT right now is that there is too much of the same stuff. A good example of this is there are over 5 different piping systems, and numerous ore doubling mechanics and many blocks that work the same way as the pulveriser do. What’s the point? I don’t want to have so many ways of doing the same thing. Especially if it requires me to set up hundreds of different power systems and infrastructures just to get a metal that I could have gotten an easier way. I have spent already the last 9 hours working on a 1.7.10 pack that as of right now has 47 mods. Only like 4 of which were in MBOT 1.6.4. However, I am getting close to having it have almost non of the same functionality with it also incorporating new mods like EnderIO (this one is well known I know), and like Professor Flaxbeard's Wondrous Steam Power Mod. So what I want to know is do you guys want something like this? Where everything is set up nicely but doesn’t use mods like IC2 and Buildcraft? Or do you want roughly the same mods just updated to 1.7.10? Or I can also put together a really big 1.7.10 modpack with many many mods? (I also already put together a 1.7.10 modpack that has 117 mods in it and it works)

So to come to a close the few questions I asked I really hope I get a lot of feedback from. (Even people who haven’t played the modpack I would love to hear from you) Also if I should stay with 1.6.4, for now how long do you guys think I stay with it? Just as a last note I wanted to Thank You for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from everyone, regarding these many crossroads I have hit. Keep in mind also I do have the option of releasing more than one modpack (I will let you ponder on that)

Thanks,

Zodsmar (Creator of MBOT)

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.3 just went live. (Literally 5 minutes ago :p) ENJOY!
Do you want us to start up a discussion with you to give you feedback or do you want us to post our opinions on the forum?

EDIT: I mean about whether or not to move onto 1.7.10 or not.

Last edited:

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Do you want us to start up a discussion with you to give you feedback or do you want us to post our opinions on the forum?

What do you mean by discussion? Like a new thread in discussions?

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019

Oh. I understand now what you mean. To me it doesn't matter. If you prefer to start a conversation with me (pm) then it doesn't bother me because I know some people may not want others to know there opinion so either way is good with me.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
ok started playing this and just want to see if a GT machine is known to have a bug, namely http://ftbwiki.org/Sturdy_Grinder. it will do 1 operation then stop and NOT work ever again. wrench it and put it back and it will work once.
Make sure the exhaust isn't blocked. Its the side with the little square. From the page you linked "In order for Sturdy Grinder to work properly, its steam vent must be uncovered. Steam vent is located at the back at the machine by default, using a Wrench on any another side except for the front will rotate the vent. Using the Wrench on the vent itself will dismantle the machine."