[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Also, 1 more thing, if the world gen going to be optional? Because one of the main reasons I place Crash Landing is because I get good frames, which I'm assuming is just because there's nothing generated.[DOUBLEPOST=1406396558][/DOUBLEPOST]
I guess, it was just a thought.

thats the great thing about what we are doing we are using to different mods for generation so you can chose what to have the generator mod will control the large cities which some low powered computers may have problems with and the ruins mod for the dunes and ruins. So try them both see what happens if it dont work disable one the other or both

DatEnderGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any use for salt water bottles? I can't smelt them into clean water... So I'm kinda stuck[DOUBLEPOST=1406400228][/DOUBLEPOST]
thats the great thing about what we are doing we are using to different mods for generation so you can chose what to have the generator mod will control the large cities which some low powered computers may have problems with and the ruins mod for the dunes and ruins. So try them both see what happens if it dont work disable one the other or both
Thanks! I was hoping I would be able to disable at least some of the world gen.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried, but have you attempted to use the transposer to empty the salt water bottles? At the least that would return the bottles to you so that you could fill them with mud.

Also, if you have dirt available...... drinking salt water won't kill you as long as you can hydrate again. So if you drank a bit of the salt water, refilled the bottle with dirty water, purified it, drank it and repeated....... you should be okay. but the only real "use" for salt water bottles is to purify them into salt.......

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any use for salt water bottles? I can't smelt them into clean water... So I'm kinda stuck[DOUBLEPOST=1406400228][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks! I was hoping I would be able to disable at least some of the world gen.
yea you can disable all of it but i suggest trying with both at least once because these are custom to this map and will add a lot to the game just dont get two excited these places will kill you if your not ready[DOUBLEPOST=1406401008][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nether and End are both void dimensions.
thanks for the reminder need to make sure structures are turned off in those areas

DatEnderGamer

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried, but have you attempted to use the transposer to empty the salt water bottles? At the least that would return the bottles to you so that you could fill them with mud.

Also, if you have dirt available...... drinking salt water won't kill you as long as you can hydrate again. So if you drank a bit of the salt water, refilled the bottle with dirty water, purified it, drank it and repeated....... you should be okay. but the only real "use" for salt water bottles is to purify them into salt.......
The only reason I wanted to know if because I never live long enough to obtain a steady supply of dirt. So all I ever have to drink is the water bottles you get as a quest reward.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
A water distillery would be an interesting addition to enviromine.....[DOUBLEPOST=1406401354][/DOUBLEPOST]
The only reason I wanted to know if because I never live long enough to obtain a steady supply of dirt. So all I ever have to drink is the water bottles you get as a quest reward.
In that case I'd suggest you concentrate on collecting saplings, and once you have a slab furnace get yourself some shears to harvest leaf blocks. You do know about the crooks increased sapling drop rate... right?

DatEnderGamer

Jul 29, 2019
A water distillery would be an interesting addition to enviromine.....[DOUBLEPOST=1406401354][/DOUBLEPOST]
In that case I'd suggest you concentrate on collecting saplings, and once you have a slab furnace get yourself some shears to harvest leaf blocks. You do know about the crooks increased sapling drop rate... right?
Yeah, the first thing I make is a crook, well, once I have wood of course. I try to follow the quests logically, but I tend to die often, because I get mauled by zombies, shot by skeletons, and blown up by creepers, usually at the same time. It's about a 50/50 chance that i'll die of Starvation/Dehydration or getting rekt by mobs.

Laketri

Jul 29, 2019
I feel completely incompetent in asking this, but I've been searching for almost an hour to find no answers to this question, but,
How do I make gravel, sand, or more clay?

DatEnderGamer

Jul 29, 2019
I feel completely incompetent in asking this, but I've been searching for almost an hour to find no answers to this question, but,
If you hammer cobblestone, you get gravel, if you hammer gravel, you get sand, and to get clay, you fill a barrel with water and right click the barrel with a piece of dust

DrakeAedus

Jul 29, 2019
If you hammer cobblestone, you get gravel, if you hammer gravel, you get sand, and to get clay, you fill a barrel with water and right click the barrel with a piece of dust
This is correct, additionally, you may want to read up on the Ex Nihilo and Ex Aliquo mods.

eliandarkbrood

Jul 29, 2019

Sieve dirt for stones. 4 Stones to cobble. Hammer cobble for gravel. Hammer gravel for sand.

Edit: Ahh! Ninja!

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Sieve dirt for stones. 4 Stones to cobble. Hammer cobble for gravel. Hammer gravel for sand.

Edit: Ahh! Ninja!

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
Wow, that'd take allot of sieving to get enough stones to say build a smeltery...... I don't think I've ever used the hammer until I had a cobble generator setup.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the first thing I make is a crook, well, once I have wood of course. I try to follow the quests logically, but I tend to die often, because I get mauled by zombies, shot by skeletons, and blown up by creepers, usually at the same time. It's about a 50/50 chance that i'll die of Starvation/Dehydration or getting rekt by mobs.
What do you do to control the mobs? Simple pits with signs place along their aperture tends to limit most mob activity. As long as you force the AI pathfinding over the pit "most" mob activity can be controlled. I suspect most of us have had "random" unpleasant "interactions" with mobs, but it sounds like you'r really having issues.

Obviously having special mobs enabled would make things more complex,[DOUBLEPOST=1406403804][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone else having issues getting the message editor to load on minecraft forum? I went to pester Funawayguy (Enviromine author) about solar stills and the site seems to be stuck constantly trying to load adds rather than loading the message editor.

sloejack

Jul 29, 2019
Current version (1.1.1) of this game is nonsensical. Assuming that someone has played Agrarian Skies seems to be a poor design feature, consider changing this or explicitly stating that it is a prerequisite. Beginning quests need to be more linear, having to restart multiple times (due to extreme dehydration and ultimately death) to be able to figure out the right order of the quests is not fun and ultimately lead me to delete this mod pack. My opinion is that this is likely fun for people who already understand the core mechanics of the mods included (excluding your changes) but that this is not geared for general consumption.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really loving the new ship. I've restarted my world in order to use 1.1.1 version of the pack with the new ship. I'm now playing the new hard mode of the quest line in my YouTube series and and I'm playing the easy quest line in my daily twitch cast. Anyway here is the restart with the new version and map.

I mentioned this in the video but I'll repeat it here... I'd like to suggest adding Archimedes Ships mod so we could fly the ship again.

DatEnderGamer

Jul 29, 2019
What do you do to control the mobs? Simple pits with signs place along their aperture tends to limit most mob activity. As long as you force the AI pathfinding over the pit "most" mob activity can be controlled. I suspect most of us have had "random" unpleasant "interactions" with mobs, but it sounds like you'r really having issues.

Obviously having special mobs enabled would make things more complex,[DOUBLEPOST=1406403804][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone else having issues getting the message editor to load on minecraft forum? I went to pester Funawayguy (Enviromine author) about solar stills and the site seems to be stuck constantly trying to load adds rather than loading the message editor.
To be honest, i've never really done anything to control them except hide, it uh, hasn't been going so well, but even if I do control the mobs, i'm still dying of dehydration.[DOUBLEPOST=1406406167][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm really loving the new ship. I've restarted my world in order to use 1.1.1 version of the pack with the new ship. I'm now playing the new hard mode of the quest line in my YouTube series and and I'm playing the easy quest line in my daily twitch cast. Anyway here is the restart with the new version and map.

I mentioned this in the video but I'll repeat it here... I'd like to suggest adding Archimedes Ships mod so we could fly the ship again.
Why is your version of the map different than mine? I'm also using 1.1.1?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, i've never really done anything to control them except hide, it uh, hasn't been going so well, but even if I do control the mobs, i'm still dying of dehydration.[DOUBLEPOST=1406406167][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why is your version of the map different than mine? I'm also using 1.1.1?
In short he has access to a map that is yet to be released. We'll see it in 1.1.2

Regarding dehydration, once mobs are under control you'll be free to concentrate on harvesting saplings