Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I never thought about this, but is there a bedrock layer beneath the deep dark? My suspicion is that the excavate command would lead to a lost turtle.

Altrocity

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I was hunting for extra sanguine in the nether, full tarterite armor with 3x lvl 4 absorption enchants (various others) , eyamazing level broadsword/pick axe and a flight potions and 37 minute speed potion, health stone from magical crops... I died. The flying nether mob that launches purple balls that spray in all direction there was about 20 of those in the air. I died so gruesomely and lost so much great stuff. But it's proof that even the well prepared can die quick. So honestly I was wanting some easy loot to make me feel better. Nothing really worthwhile in the deep dark.

Zandrox

Jul 29, 2019
Hope this helps. And yeah, @Batch2's spreadsheet is awesome! :)

I wish there was line on that chart that would show all the ores and what TiC level was needed to mine it. It would make my life easier to know what metals to look for for my next pick upgrade. I tried digging around in some of the metallurgy config files but I couldn't make heads nor tails of it.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
I wish there was line on that chart that would show all the ores and what TiC level was needed to mine it. It would make my life easier to know what metals to look for for my next pick upgrade. I tried digging around in some of the metallurgy config files but I couldn't make heads nor tails of it.
It goes pretty closely with the mining level column, but yeah it could be clearer with another column maybe. For now, here's some more goodness from @Batch2 to answer those questions:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I was hunting for extra sanguine in the nether, full tarterite armor with 3x lvl 4 absorption enchants (various others) , eyamazing level broadsword/pick axe and a flight potions and 37 minute speed potion, health stone from magical crops... I died. The flying nether mob that launches purple balls that spray in all direction there was about 20 of those in the air. I died so gruesomely and lost so much great stuff. But it's proof that even the well prepared can die quick. So honestly I was wanting some easy loot to make me feel better. Nothing really worthwhile in the deep dark.
My condolences....

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
but shh....... Eyamaz monitors this forum..... next thing we'll know there will be a major part of the tech tree requiring exploration of the deep dark.....

(JK)

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
but shh....... Eyamaz monitors this forum..... next thing we'll know there will be a major part of the tech tree requiring exploration of the deep dark.....

(JK)
Used to be where we had to go for the fantasy ores, but now in Dreamworld. Maybe he can shift something critical like redstone to the deep dark....everyone likes mining cobble after all.

Cypress Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Did some more testing: turns out, the game crashes 100% of the time for me if you go through a nether portal, then something kills you immediately on the other side. You crash when you respawn in the overworld.

Our server is doing exactly this. We are using 1.1.2 with Hostile Worlds enabled. If someone dies in the nether, the server crashes with a ticking error upon respawning in the overworld.

Last edited:

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
Thi
Our server is doing exactly this. We are using 1.1.2 with Hostile Worlds enabled. If someone dies in the nether, the server crashes with a ticking error upon respawning in the overworld.
s is why we moved away from having hostile worlds enabled on our server causes to many issues

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
bows seem to dislike being upgraded with newer tool rods. can't go from Natural made Damascus to Shadow Steel.

Cypress Steel

Jul 29, 2019
This is why we moved away from having hostile worlds enabled on our server causes to many issues

Even with Hostile Worlds disabled, it still does it. And this is the ONLY issue (well besides dying incessantly) we have had thus far with blood and bones. Its related to entities coming and going from the nether. Whether its a player or a mob. I am uploading my crash text as well.

Attachments

• crash.txt
    29.9 KB · Views: 51

Cypress Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Server log is clean as well:

2014-07-18 08:36:56 [SEVERE] Reached end of stream for /192.168.1.XX
2014-07-18 08:36:56 [INFO] /192.168.1.XX:51907 lost connection
2014-07-18 08:36:59 [INFO] Player[/192.168.1.XX:51908] logged in with entity id 168 at (103.91634816274129, 41.0, 350.8274645125468)
2014-07-18 08:36:59 [INFO] Player joined the game
2014-07-18 08:37:11 [SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception ReportedException
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Exception ticking world
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:663)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:276)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73156_b(ChunkProviderServer.java:328)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:181)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:657)
... 4 more
2014-07-18 08:37:11 [SEVERE] This crash report has been saved to: /home/minecraft/running/./crash-reports/crash-2014-07-18_08.37.11-server.txt
2014-07-18 08:37:40 [INFO] Stopping the server
2014-07-18 08:37:40 [INFO] Stopping server
2014-07-18 08:37:40 [INFO] Saving players
2014-07-18 08:37:40 [INFO] Closing listening thread

Cypress Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I got a fix...its not pretty, but I think its working. We will test more tonight when I get more people online. Here is what I did:

I found a post with a similar problem where the individual found that the nether map was corrupted and so he just renamed/deleted his DIM-1 folder underneath the world directory. I tried this but it didn't work as it just kept recreating the same corrupted world due to the seed.

So then I had a crazy idea which spawned a lot of questions:
  • Could I grab a DIM-1 out of a different seed/world and mix it into this world?
  • Does the seed get written to the DIM folder upon creation?
  • Can a world have a overworld and nether with different seeds?
It appears so! Here is what I did:
  1. Rename my existing world to something appropriate. world > world.old
  2. Launch server so new world is created.
  3. Give myself creative and spawn a nether portal. Proceed thru nether portal so DIM-1 is created.
  4. Stop server.
  5. Rename new world to something appropriate. world > world.new
  6. Rename old world back to world. world.old > world
  7. Delete DIM-1 from old world.
  8. Copy DIM-1 from world.new to world
BAM! It appears to be working! I did have to break some extra nether portals in creative mode to get the original portal in sync...but it looks to be in good shape. I will update tonight after more testing...

Grayvon

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I got a fix...its not pretty, but I think its working. We will test more tonight when I get more people online. Here is what I did:

...[Stuff] ...
BAM!
It appears to be working!
I will update tonight after more testing...

You so creative ... Like Magic ... Best Server Admin out there ...

Zandrox

Jul 29, 2019
It goes pretty closely with the mining level column, but yeah it could be clearer with another column maybe. For now, here's some more goodness from Batch2 to answer those questions:

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for. Before I was rewatching your lets plays trying to catch a glimpse of the material of the pick you were using. If I find some time I may put this in text form and share it out.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Copy DIM-1 from world.new to world

I might be wrong, but won't that create some chunk jaggies where the previously rendered world ends, and new chunks are generated? I thought the seed was in level.dat, which is unique to a world, but not to each dimension. This should result in a prerendered chunk from your .new seed, but will fill in with new chunks from your .old seed.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for. Before I was rewatching your lets plays trying to catch a glimpse of the material of the pick you were using. If I find some time I may put this in text form and share it out.
Glad that helped. I think there will be some changes in 1.2 again, but this should be good for 1.1.3.

Speaking of which...
Could it be....?
Do I see?
Over in the launcher.... Is that 1.1.3?!​

Last edited:

Cypress Steel

Jul 29, 2019
I might be wrong, but won't that create some chunk jaggies where the previously rendered world ends, and new chunks are generated? I thought the seed was in level.dat, which is unique to a world, but not to each dimension. This should result in a prerendered chunk from your .new seed, but will fill in with new chunks from your .old seed.

I don't know...but it seemed like it was working...I haven't explored around to find any jagged areas yet, but I would be willing to accept those in lieu of constant crashing :)