Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Playing in 1.13 on a new world on the pledge server. I notice my map seems to reset every time i log out. Goes back to round, loses memory of any explored areas. Happening to anyone else?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
i've been away a while, so i can't really say i've followed the development notes of what is / isn't still on the to do list. also, i haven't tried 1.1.3 yet, though i did read the patch notes for it. so my questions are as follows:

1. are the rogue dungeons/towers still only spawning as obsidian?
2. are creepers still blowing up punji sticks?
3. are mobs set to only drop items if killed by player yet?
4. is scent from zombie awareness ever coming back?

5. are we still just making sky bases out of dirt, as early game focuses on large, slow growing farms?
6. are flying mobs still part of the block grief list? cause i'd prefer to have a nice looking sky base with windows, decor blocks, etc. :p

Yes, obsidian rouges.
Creepers don't blow up punji if you use enough of them :)
Haven't been able to test, but that was the plan.
Ever coming back? Thats sort of unanswerable.
I never made floating sky bases from dirt.
I never had problems from flying mobs griefing, even when the buggers got stuck right under me and annoyed me with growlyhissy noises for hours.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Playing in 1.13 on a new world on the pledge server. I notice my map seems to reset every time i log out. Goes back to round, loses memory of any explored areas. Happening to anyone else?
Hit U to get out of Underground mode. Mapwriter is being weird for some reason.

Altrocity

Jul 29, 2019
With the update to M3 do we have to do a world reset? I thought the world reset wasn't required until 1.2ish

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes it's nice, forgetting to set a map to hardcore...... it at least gives you the chance to go back and figure out what you did wrong before you delete...... nothing like logging in just as a creeper goes off. I failed to replace a torch after mining some coal. Must have had a fire creeper all but on top of me when I logged off.[DOUBLEPOST=1405803422][/DOUBLEPOST]
With the update to M3 do we have to do a world reset? I thought the world reset wasn't required until 1.2ish
The general rule of thumb is that you only need to reset maps when the second clause changes (1.X.3) smaller updates change the third term (1.1.X)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
The general rule of thumb is that you only need to reset maps when the second clause changes (1.X.3) smaller updates change the third term (1.1.X)

Generally yes, but apparently I boobooed fixing the m3 IDs in its update. Now I need to figure out what else I broke.

Altrocity

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes it's nice, forgetting to set a map to hardcore...... it at least gives you the chance to go back and figure out what you did wrong before you delete...... nothing like logging in just as a creeper goes off. I failed to replace a torch after mining some coal. Must have had a fire creeper all but on top of me when I logged off.[DOUBLEPOST=1405803422][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah I understand the general map reset rule but I read this line
"Changed
Overhauled Configs
Shifted default Block IDs from 900-930 to 900-940"
which sounds like something that would break existing worlds.
But again, I didn't know figured I'd ask in the thread where the Man Eyamez himself responds :)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I understand the general map reset rule but I read this line
"Changed
Overhauled Configs
Shifted default Block IDs from 900-930 to 900-940"
which sounds like something that would break existing worlds.
But again, I didn't know figured I'd ask in the thread where the Man Eyamez himself responds :)

That is one of the changes glassy made.

I reverted all the IDs to there 1.1.2 counter parts since I basically just pulled parts of 1.2 backwards. This mostly being mod updates. Apparently, a few of the m3 item IDs did not get copied correctly.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Generally yes, but apparently I boobooed fixing the m3 IDs in its update. Now I need to figure out what else I broke.
I can't stop giggling about how many things didn't go correctly in this update. Perhaps in future we should be more patient, and wait for you to finish the big update. :p

IHopeTheresCookies

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for a little help. I've killed the Ender Dragon (1.1.2 MP) and no Dragon Essence dropped. I've been trying to stay as spoiler free on HEE as possible so I just figured I had to do something else first before getting them. My friend I play with suggested we'll have to kill him again after reading that you can respawn the dragon (and The End) so we set out to do that. I've spent countless hours looting towers in The End looking for a Temple Caller and got fed up and looked into it. It seems that Dragon Essence should have dropped from the first kill. I read that the amount you get can be lowered based on deaths but can it be lowered to 0? If so how do I progress from here, or have I screwed myself over by trying to stay spoiler free?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I can't stop giggling about how many things didn't go correctly in this update. Perhaps in future we should be more patient, and wait for you to finish the big update. :p

Or maybe I just need to stick with my guns when I say a certain branch is done.

I'm looking for a little help. I've killed the Ender Dragon (1.1.2 MP) and no Dragon Essence dropped. I've been trying to stay as spoiler free on HEE as possible so I just figured I had to do something else first before getting them. My friend I play with suggested we'll have to kill him again after reading that you can respawn the dragon (and The End) so we set out to do that. I've spent countless hours looting towers in The End looking for a Temple Caller and got fed up and looked into it. It seems that Dragon Essence should have dropped from the first kill. I read that the amount you get can be lowered based on deaths but can it be lowered to 0? If so how do I progress from here, or have I screwed myself over by trying to stay spoiler free?

Afaik it can not drop to 0, but it can drop into the void.

Brobuscus

Jul 29, 2019
I know it says not to. but does anybody know if installing Optifine breaks the modpack? my computer can't run the pack very well and I die from frame rate issues.

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or does 1.1.3 seem very excessive with mobs and somehow more difficult? compared to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 its a pain now to get anything going, granted i know its a hardcore pack and supposed to be like that just feels different in comparison

@Eyamaz side note is the texturepack you were using in the 1.1.3 stream available anywhere since it was a combination of 2? would love to check it out more in depth and use it

Last edited:

Mahlon Hardt

Jul 29, 2019
Hey can some one help me i cant find the mod pack any where and i really whana try it out[DOUBLEPOST=1405834310][/DOUBLEPOST]o_O