[1.6.4] The 95 Pack - V1.2.2

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Pack code: the95pack
Server files:
Server Files can be downloaded via the FTB Launcher
Recommended Version: 1.2.2
Most Recent Version: 1.2.2

Are you the sort of person who enjoys mods with hard recipes, which take a long time to get to the end-game items? Do you also prefer to play without hardcore mobs, which make night-time almost impossible to survive? If you answered yes to either, or both, of those questions then this could be the pack for you.

The 95 pack is a community driven pack, with updates recommended by you, the players. Although I may release updates with certain bug fixes, config changes, etc. Most of the updates will come in the form of mod additions/changes as recommended by you.

This pack is by no means easy to start with, but at the same time you won't be struggling for survival early game either. You can find small hints on how to start out or make surviving easier further on in the thread, but for those of you who like to figure things out yourself, just avoiding opening that spoiler.

Known Issues:
Skyblock map in adventure mode by default in versions 1.2.1 and prior
Placing Circuit Fabricator next to Oil Fabricator has been known to lead to crashes

Work in progress:
Artwork for the pack. I am not very good at art and design, so the artwork for the pack isn't great. When I come up with a good picture idea I will attempt to make something better than what is in use at the minute.

Changelog:
Changelog key:
#: Released, [#]: Currently unavailable but will be soon, ~#~ Available but not recommended

#V1.2.2
Mod Changes:
-Added Galacticraft
-Added Gravitation Suite
-Added Small Boats
-Applied Energistics no longer requires power (this is to cut down on lag)

Saves changes:
-Skyblock map no longer in Adventure mode

Quest Changes:
-Quest lines no longer require you to acquire iron to see any of the quests
-Reward bags have been rebalanced, and reward types have been renamed (e.g. Thaumic Reward)
-A few more quests added, mainly Gregtech and Blood Magic

Crafting changes:
-Added recipe for Galacticraft silicon
-Added recipe for Certus Quartz
-Vanilla recipes for Iron tools re-add (screw you Greg)
-Tesseract recipe changed
-Added recipe for Essence Oreberry bushes
-Fixed Advanced machine recipes (Compressor, array controller and macerator, so far) to work with GregTech variants
-Recipes for: Creeper Plant, Helium Plant, and Rain Plant seeds added
-Added recipe for Philosopher's Stone (Minium stone's break too easily)
-Added Ender-Lilly seed recipe
-Changed Coffee Table recipe
-Added Zombie Head recipe
-Added "retro" RE-Battery Recipe
-Swapped Gregtech Bucket recipe for vanilla
-Swapped Gregtech hopper recipe, for ALMOST vanilla
-Glowstone recipe re-added
-Vanilla Iron Door recipe re-added
-Vanilla Cauldron recipe re-added
-Vanilla Iron Bars recipe re-added
-Added Yellorium Dust recipe
-Added Gregtech to Mekanism Osmium Dust recipe
-Atomic Core can now be used as an Advanced Circuit

#V1.2.1:
Mods added:
-PneumaticCraft
-HydrauliCraft
-Soul Shards Reborn
-BiblioCraft
-Enchanting Plus
-Logistics Pipes
-Equivalent Exchange 3
-MrCrayfishes Furniture Mod
-Carpenter's Blocks

Config Changes:
-Mekanism Circuits now work with IC2 machines (I don't like the Bronze Age in GregTech)
-Mekanism now displays RF not Joules
-GregTech TooEasyMode disabled
-GregTech HarderSpawners disabled (yes, you can break them now Sol)
-Enabled OpenBlocks blocks which were disabled: XP Drain, XP Bottler, XP Shower
-A few ID changes

Quest changes:
-Add a few more reward bags, thinking about removing the electric boat reward, because it seems too common.
-Added a few more quests.*
-Added new quest lines: IC2, Blood Magic, PneumaticCraft, GregTech, Better Vanilla.*
*Quests are still in very early alpha. A lot of new quests need to be added, I have just started out, and I am struggling to work out the best way to progress in the mods, via the quests.

Crafting changes:
-Added recipes in the Blood Altar for: Chicken, Cow, Sheep and Witch spawn eggs, and Wither Skulls
-Changed crafting recipe for Auto-Spawner to be a little harder to get.
-Added crafting recipe for squid spawn eggs
-Added Induction Smelter recipe for Steel
-Macerator Recipes: Cobblestone - Gravel, Gravel - Sand, Sand - Dust

#V1.2.06:
Fixed issue with HQM being in editor mode

~#~V1.2.05:
Mods added:
-Hardcore questing mode

Maps Added:
-Learn the Mods (Skyblock)

Quests Added:
Very few, alpha release of the questing system

Config changes:
Fixed recipe changes that broke in previous update

Stable server!!!!

All releases prior should be considered unplayable

Mod list:
Applied Energistics
ArmorStatusHUD
BiblioCraft
Big Reactors
Blood Magic
bspkrsCore
Buildcraft
ChickenChunks
CodeChickenCore
CoFH Core
ComputerCraft
EnchantinPlus
Equivalent Exchange 3
Ex Nihilo
Extra Bees and Trees
Extra Cells
Extra Utilities
ExtraTiC
Forestry
Forge Multipart
Forge/FML
Gendustry
Gregtech
Harcore Questing Mode
Harvestcraft
Highlands
Hunger Overhaul
Hydraulicraft
IndustrialCraft 2
Inventory Tweaks
IronChests
JABBA
JadedsBlood
Logistics Pipes
Magic Bees
Mekanism
MineFactory Reloaded
Minetweaker
Modular Powersuits
Modular Powersuits Addons
NEI Addons
NEI Plugins
Nether Ores
Not Enough Items
Not Enough Keys
OpenBlocks
OpenModsLib
Plugins for Forestry
PneumaticCraft
PowerCrystals Core
Project Red
Railcraft
Soul Shards Reborn
Spice of Life
StatusEffectHUD
Steve's Carts 2
Thaumcraft
Thaumic Tinkerer
Thermal Expansion
Tinker's Construct
Tinker's Mechworks
Tinker's Steelworks
Twilight Forest
Waila
Zans/Voxel Minimap

Recommended to add:
These are mods that I cannot publicly distribute due to the mod's license, but I highly recommend adding either due to the functionality the mod adds to the game, or just because the mod is pretty cool, and/or could help with other mods in the pack.
Traincraft - Traincraft

Notable changes to vanilla gameplay:
Wooded tools have less durability, and wooden pickaxes cannot be crafted
Stone pickaxes cannot be crafted
Hunger overhaul makes foods give less hunger and saturation back
Gravel will no longer drop flint just by breaking it (you can either craft it, or get it via a sieve)

Help guide for starting out:
Tools:
To get tools you will want flint, as flint will give you your first pickaxe. To obtain flint you will need to craft it with 2 gravel.
Once you have obtained flint tools, you will want to set up a smeltery from Tinkers' Construct to obtain better tools.

Food:
Food is of abundance in this mod pack as Pam's Harvestcraft adds so many new foods to the game, so once you have played for a while you will be able to gain a wide variety of foods. However starting out could seem like a harder task than it has to be. While looking for a place to spend the night, along with cutting down trees, break berry bushes and tall grass and try and get as many seeds as possible, avoid eating berries if possible, as they can be used to make better foods as soon as you get 3 stone, using a juicer.
Also remember food has diminishing returns, so it is best to have 3 or 4 different foods on you when you go mining, exploring, etc.

Power:
There are 3 main energy units in this pack MJ, EU, and RF. EU is used primarily for IC2 and Gregtech machines, but most Minefactory Reloaded machines will accept EU. MJ is Buildcraft's power source and is also used to power Forestry machines, however you can power machines from these mods with RF, by using energy conduits. RF is the power source most machines will accept, this has many different ways of being generated, the most basic being the Survivalist Generator.

Media:
If you can speak Russian check these guys out they seem great :)

Texture Packs:
Special Thanks:
xBlitz2011 - Compiling Sphax Texture Pack for this Mod Pack
xiiRockstarrTv - For artwork used in 1.2.05 and onward releases
Not to forget the beta testers:
Jedi13, k9officerk9, 924Shrapnel, Mr_Doodley, LeeYohXL, ChaosReaver101, CarlyBenables
Please do leave comments on what you think needs changing, and also don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Backup of Skyblock map

Support the people who made this pack possible:
Hope you enjoy the pack, and I would be more than happy to see some LP's streams etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Codraroll and rhn

jimmytrouser

Jul 29, 2019
Taken from: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/ultra-modded-survival-pack.266012

I thought permissions were obsolete now, thus, people can distribute whatever mod they wish?

"The mods in this pack were chosen by CaptainSparklez, though this pack was assembled by me from the exact mod list in the description of his videos. However, all credit goes to neither Jordan or me but to the modders who made this possible. Also because of Mojang's new EULA mod permissions are now essentially obsolete. If you're willingly modding a pre existing game please understand that anyone has the right to use it!"

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Because a mod is the intellectual property of the mod developer I will adhere to there wish to not have their mod not be distributed, even if the Mojang EULA states otherwise.
Also the Feed the Beast team are kind enough to host this pack, and I don't want mod developers to be upset with Feed the Beast as they have done nothing wrong.

As for the link, it is to the Technic Pack which don't really enforce the legal side of modding. If someone breaks a mod devs license then they don't really care.

Reactions: xbony2 and Wagon153

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Taken from: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/ultra-modded-survival-pack.266012

I thought permissions were obsolete now, thus, people can distribute whatever mod they wish?

"The mods in this pack were chosen by CaptainSparklez, though this pack was assembled by me from the exact mod list in the description of his videos. However, all credit goes to neither Jordan or me but to the modders who made this possible. Also because of Mojang's new EULA mod permissions are now essentially obsolete. If you're willingly modding a pre existing game please understand that anyone has the right to use it!"
Permissions aren't obsolete. There was a news post about this a while ago, someone asked a mojangster on twitter, the answer was that that is a misinterpretation of the EULA.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Working on updates now:
Easier way to get flint and steel (sorry, but actually needing steel is ridiculous)
Ability to use Everything and More circuits in IC2/Gregtech (and maybe Thermal Expansion) recipes
Getting rid of the annoying "Greggy_greg_please_do_kindly_put_a_sock_in_it" ore dictionary issue

Mod changes:
None so far

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
V1.0.1 is out, grab it now. See the changelog for details on what has changed.
Not much is different, but improvements have been made :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Taking suggestions for version 1.1.0.
So far the changes include:
Addition of Steves Carts 2 and ComputerCraft. I am on the fence about adding Modular Powersuits, so you guys can have a say on that.

The way I am doing updates is like so:
x.x.o where o is bug fixes/minor changes
x.o.x where o is new mods/major changes, but won't change anything in the world
o.x.x where o is major changes that MIGHT change world gen, if you see o.x.x changes, check the changelog before updating (as this may mean your world save could be lost)

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
I like the changes in the v1.0.1. but I still think that the pack is missing something, not sure what though.

But modular power suits sounds like it could be fun to have. Also maybe you could add projectred for people like me who use redstone a lot, but don't like everything to be about 50x the size of the project red blocks

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I've just looked into ProjectRed, and that sounds like a good idea :) I haven't really looked at the mod since it was first released in the early stages, and to see it now being just as good as RedPower2 was, it seems like it will be great to add :)

I didn't add it in the first place because I didn't think the creator of the mod would be able to get the mod to the point where they have it now, as quickly as they have done.

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, one other mod that I think should be added, I don't know what it's called, but it adds a lot of trees, and stuff, even in the nether

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You're thinking of Natura. I may add that into the pack, depends on whether there is an option to disable the clouds spawning, as they are annoying. If I can disable them, then it will be added to the pack with them disabled by default (people can enable them if they so wish).

On note of the pack, I have added the updates for the next update to the changelog. There are a few more tweaks which will probably be done, mainly around Gregtech, and maybe adding Natura for ThatGuyOverThere :)

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
I was about to get started with IC2 and I have no idea how to get steel for a generator.
Well I know how to get it, but I don't know the best way to get it :/

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I had a nice an early night sleep yesterday.

There are two good ways of getting steel early, if you have Traincraft installed.
1) Make a Train Workbench, make yourself a load of Graphite, then make a Hearth Furnace and cook Graphite and Iron Ingots together in it
2) Make a Blast Furnace, from Railcraft, and cook Iron Ingots in that

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have Traincraft installed, is that a bug? But Railcraft is there, so I made a blast furnace, which seems to work, but it is a little slow :/

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
No Traincraft not being installed is not a bug. It is a recommended download, but I cannot distribute it under Traincraft's license

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
OMG! What is wrong with GregTech. I literally cannot do anything! To make an alloy furnace you need a circuit, to make a circuit you need an assembly machine WHICH NEEDS CIRCUITS! WTH!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
OMG! What is wrong with GregTech. I literally cannot do anything! To make an alloy furnace you need a circuit, to make a circuit you need an assembly machine WHICH NEEDS CIRCUITS! WTH!
I'm not familiar with this pack or its setup, but there is typically a non-assembly-machine version of the circuit recipes.

For instance, in the pack I'm currently playing, you need copper cables and red alloy plates in a shaped pattern. The alloy plates in turn required a low-level alloy smelter and either a hammer or plate-bending machine.