[1.6.4] The 95 Pack - V1.2.2

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well I don't know why you wouldn't be using anything that isn't v1.2.0+ (as they are the most stable) but hqm should work fine as long as the version you have has it installed. BUT you won't have access to certain quests in earlier versions, and in all versions hardcore mode (needs the hearts) is disabled, but you can turn on hardcore mode by doing "/hqm enable"

Darkria

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot start the server on any of my 3 computers. My main comp has an i7 6 core and 16 gb of ram. I also excluded it from my antivirus, gave it 5 GB of RAM, and installed the latest version of 64bit java. It lags/freezes at "starting minecraft server on 25545". Like I stated, I have tried it on several different comps even one I reformatted just for MC. Any clue why?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a log? I may have left a client side only mod in there but without a crash log I can't really tell what the problem is :/

Darkria

Jul 29, 2019
This is the log I have. I left the server going while I took a shower and got some food. A good 30 mins. It looks like the server hasn't stops, but is just running extremely slow. I have included from when it was running normally until I shut it down.

http://pastebin.com/aYztw36b

P.S. this is also happening to a few friends of mine where I asked them to try it to be sure it wasn't just me.

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
This is the log I have. I left the server going while I took a shower and got some food. A good 30 mins. It looks like the server hasn't stops, but is just running extremely slow. I have included from when it was running normally until I shut it down.

http://pastebin.com/aYztw36b

You need to increase the amount of PermGen you have on your server. If you rent a server you will need to ask the support team to do so for you.
If you are running it on your computer, or something, you will need the following argument:
-Xmx4G -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
As that will give it 4gb of ram and double the PermGen size.
That is a minimum though, you may need 512mb, but try 256 first :)[DOUBLEPOST=1413226109][/DOUBLEPOST]
So for the planter are we supposed to either do blood magic or do the pneumaticcraft in order to make it because those are the only two options i can figure out...
The planter? Pardon my ignorance, but it has been a fair amount of time since I actually looked at this pack :p
I know I force both blood magic and pneumaticcraft when you make the auto-spawner... but I can't remember the planter

Heck, I need to update the scripts on this pack, I kept updating them on the server I played on, but not here... they were my test group :p

Last edited:
Reactions: buggirlexpres

Darkria

Jul 29, 2019
You need to increase the amount of PermGen you have on your server. If you rent a server you will need to ask the support team to do so for you.
If you are running it on your computer, or something, you will need the following argument:
-Xmx4G -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
As that will give it 4gb of ram and double the PermGen size.
That is a minimum though, you may need 512mb, but try 256 first :)[DOUBLEPOST=1413226109][/DOUBLEPOST]
The planter? Pardon my ignorance, but it has been a fair amount of time since I actually looked at this pack :p
I know I force both blood magic and pneumaticcraft when you make the auto-spawner... but I can't remember the planter

Heck, I need to update the scripts on this pack, I kept updating them on the server I played on, but not here... they were my test group :p

Thank you for all the info :) one last thing is I am very new to this. I have seen other servers with the .bat file that I can edit. What is the exact, copy/paste if you could, code I should enter? and should I name the bat file something specific? I tried mimicking some of the other ones I have used such as unstables and unleashed, but the cmd window flashes and nothing else happens.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I found this and am using it with a few miner tweaks to adapt to 95.

java -Xms4096m -Xmx5048m -XX:permSize=512m -jar FTBServer-1.6.4-965.jar

looks like this solved my problem!!!! Thank you very much and all my friends thank you as well. We will have a blast with this server and all the goodies you added to it.

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you have a 64 bit OS:
java -Xms1024M -XX: PermSize=512m -Xmx4G -jar FTBServer-1.6.4-965.jar -d64
No space between "XX:" and "PemSize"

change the "FTBServer-1.6.4-965.jar" to whatever the name of your jar file is :)

Darkria

Jul 29, 2019
Hello again :)

I am having another issue after about 2 weeks of playing on the server. Yesterday the server was 100% ok with no issues at all. Today, I log in and everything spikes. The graph on the server is as low as it can be until a user logs onto the server, then it spikes and stays capped. I have included a screenshot of the server while logged into it, and also my PC's performance. I have x2 GTX 760's in my rig and even lowered all the stats of the game to the lowest it can be and it is not making a difference. I also included the last bit of the server log as well from when my char logged in. I have even redownloaded the server and it worked fine. So I moved the "world" folder over and it happened again. I am assuming this has to do with something in the world folder since a new server works fine. I even gave the server a permsize of 1G and allowed 8G of RAM just to give it more after this happened to see if it would fix the issue. It had no effect as the server continued to act the same. I used imgur to upload the screenshot.

http://pastebin.com/WfaYKGrr

http://i.imgur.com/ZyCxQay.png

PS. We have not added or taken anything from the server files. The files have not been touched since the first launch of the server 2 weeks ago.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hello again :)

I am having another issue after about 2 weeks of playing on the server. Yesterday the server was 100% ok with no issues at all. Today, I log in and everything spikes. The graph on the server is as low as it can be until a user logs onto the server, then it spikes and stays capped. I have included a screenshot of the server while logged into it, and also my PC's performance. I have x2 GTX 760's in my rig and even lowered all the stats of the game to the lowest it can be and it is not making a difference. I also included the last bit of the server log as well from when my char logged in. I have even redownloaded the server and it worked fine. So I moved the "world" folder over and it happened again. I am assuming this has to do with something in the world folder since a new server works fine. I even gave the server a permsize of 1G and allowed 8G of RAM just to give it more after this happened to see if it would fix the issue. It had no effect as the server continued to act the same. I used imgur to upload the screenshot.

http://pastebin.com/WfaYKGrr

http://i.imgur.com/ZyCxQay.png

PS. We have not added or taken anything from the server files. The files have not been touched since the first launch of the server 2 weeks ago.
Has anyone playing on your server done any of the following:
Entered a non-vanilla dimension (twilight forest, deep dark, moon, etc.)
Automated a lot of stuff
Made a massive Applied Energistics System?
If so then that spike is pretty normal. But for a small 4 player I server, I ran this pack using 3gb and 256permgen and the only time there was real lag was when someone was exploring and loading new chunks, or someone was swapping dimensions. And the latter would only cause lag for a few seconds. Just because the graph has spiked it should cause your server issues :)

Darkria

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone playing on your server done any of the following:
Entered a non-vanilla dimension (twilight forest, deep dark, moon, etc.)
Automated a lot of stuff
Made a massive Applied Energistics System?
If so then that spike is pretty normal. But for a small 4 player I server, I ran this pack using 3gb and 256permgen and the only time there was real lag was when someone was exploring and loading new chunks, or someone was swapping dimensions. And the latter would only cause lag for a few seconds. Just because the graph has spiked it should cause your server issues :)

This happens even when one of us is on as well. The screenshot I sent you was me logging on and not moving. I just logged on too for only maybe 3-5 mins before that shot was taken. Only realm we went into was the nether and we set up a mining computer or w/e they are called with a chunk loader. But we have moved it several times and never had a problem with it. Only automated things we have are 4 machines placing gravel into a shifter. I have a factory but no one has touched it in a few days because I have been at work and it has only been My friend and I playing. Only thing I did was walk into the nether and I couldn't move and kept rubberbanding. We have done nothing in the nether at all but set up that mining thing. (not quarry) Also that spike is permanent and does not lower until we log off. I tested it with just my friend going on as well and it does the same thing..

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
This happens even when one of us is on as well. The screenshot I sent you was me logging on and not moving. I just logged on too for only maybe 3-5 mins before that shot was taken. Only realm we went into was the nether and we set up a mining computer or w/e they are called with a chunk loader. But we have moved it several times and never had a problem with it. Only automated things we have are 4 machines placing gravel into a shifter. I have a factory but no one has touched it in a few days because I have been at work and it has only been My friend and I playing. Only thing I did was walk into the nether and I couldn't move and kept rubberbanding. We have done nothing in the nether at all but set up that mining thing. (not quarry)
Are you the only one that has the rubber banding issue?
And are you playing on the same computer that you are running the server on?
I don't know a lot about home-run servers though, so I can't really help too much, seeing as I always use hosted servers :/

Darkria

Jul 29, 2019
Are you the only one that has the rubber banding issue?
And are you playing on the same computer that you are running the server on?
I don't know a lot about home-run servers though, so I can't really help too much, seeing as I always use hosted servers :/

I am running it off the some computer the server is on. And it happens no matter who signs on. As soon as someone does it just caps out and stays there. Only thing I can say is it has to do with the world folder because a new server worked fine until i transferred the world folder over.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I am running it off the some computer the server is on. And it happens no matter who signs on. As soon as someone does it just caps out and stays there. Only thing I can say is it has to do with the world folder because a new server worked fine until i transferred the world folder over.
Maybe you have a corrupted world?

Darkria

Jul 29, 2019
D: I was afraid of that. Guess I will have to make a new server and just replace all the items we had.

Thanks for the help though.