[1.6.4] The 95 Pack - V1.2.2

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, as both of the above posters said, bronze alloy-smelter (thing) is what you will need, however, there will be a different way to make circuits in the next update, because it is a little ridiculous how hard it is to get circuits now. As if it wasn't bad before :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, as both of the above posters said, bronze alloy-smelter (thing) is what you will need, however, there will be a different way to make circuits in the next update, because it is a little ridiculous how hard it is to get circuits now. As if it wasn't bad before :p
Pfft, its fine :p

(Just teasing, not every GT pack needs to be in hard mode)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
It's still in hard mode, but the circuit from Everything and More is going to be made to work with IC2

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
Right, I think I found the one you guys were talking about. However, I think I will wait until the next update seeing as jordsta said he will be adding a different circuit recipe. I really don't like how much bronze you need to waste to get such a crap machine

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Right, I think I found the one you guys were talking about. However, I think I will wait until the next update seeing as jordsta said he will be adding a different circuit recipe. I really don't like how much bronze you need to waste to get such a crap machine
Welcome to GT :)

It actually makes a ton of sense if you think about it. If you want to have a lot of tiers of machines, the progression needs to be small hops, otherwise: a) you risk the crappy-machines being too good to improve on, and/or b) you risk the end-tier machines being too absurdly buff*.

Theoretical macerator tiers:
Works:
Tier0: 100% (1 ore = 1 ingot)
Tier1: 110% (1 ore = 10 nuggets)
Tier2: 150%
Tier3: 200%
Tier4: 250%
Tier5: 300% (1 ore = 3 ingots)

Doesn't work:
Tier0: 100% (1 ore = 1 ingot)
Tier1: 200% (1 ore = 2 ingots)
Tier2: 300%
Tier3: 400%
Tier4: 500%
Tier5: 600% (1 ore = 6 ingots)

Also worth noting, that 90% of your bronze will be used in this stage of the game (the bulk of the rest will go into CESUs probably). So there's no huge point in hoarding it.

*Unless its RotaryCraft in which case game design fundamentals go out the window. That's fun too sometimes.

Reactions: trajing

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Also worth noting, that 90% of your bronze will be used in this stage of the game (the bulk of the rest will go into CESUs probably). So there's no huge point in hoarding it.
Or if you have T.Construct/T.Mechworks, Forestry, Gendustry, (and I believe) ProjectRed which all use a hefty amount of bronze.

Reactions: Pyure

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I'm embarrassed about Forestry at least. That one's a big bronze consumer. I forgot about it.
Have you ever used Gendustry? It's like Forestry on steroids for bronze consumption. I believe you look at about 2-4 blocks on bronze, minimum per machine. Not to mention the industrial apiary upgrades :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No I can't speak to Gendustry at all.

Its sounding more and more like folks are going to want to hoard their copper and tin like little packrats. Prioritize ore-doubling (duh).

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
No I can't speak to Gendustry at all.

Its sounding more and more like folks are going to want to hoard their copper and tin like little packrats. Prioritize ore-doubling (duh).
To get into the bronze age, I had to mine a TON. I'm angry about the 'four dusts give you two bronze dust' thing.
EDIT: This wasn't in this pack.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
To get into the bronze age, I had to mine a TON. I'm angry about the 'four dusts give you two bronze dust' thing.
EDIT: This wasn't in this pack.
It wasn't in just for the reason that a lot of mods are bronze-heavy users, and I'm the sort of person who tries to integrate mods straight from the get-go, so at the minute I work with GregTech/IC2, Railcraft, Buildcraft and just started delving into ComputerCraft. So I can only assume there are people out there who like to play down the techy-bee line, so that means that they will be using bronze too quickly for 4 dust/2 bronze to even seem like an OK idea :p

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
OMG since you mentioned Gendustry having an apiary, I knew it was to do with bees!
So I checked it out, it uses MASSIVE amounts of bronze. I don't even have enough bronze to make half of the stuff needed to get started.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Do you consider this a fun obstacle or not? :p
I need FatherToast's mods to update to 1.7 so I can:
a) Change Chest loot
b) USE MOB PROPERTIES!
..really though. I need to make Essence of Eternal Life and the ichor wand dungeon loot, for a nether star recipe.

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
Do you consider this a fun obstacle or not? :p
Well I've not really started Gendustry yet, so I don't know. But from what I see with one of the machines (had a quick look at a video on youtube) Gendustry does seem to make bees much easier.
So I would say it is definitely balanced

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think Gendustry was created to make Forestry more fun, I think it was to make it less annoying. As bee, and tree, breeding is made much easier thanks to Gendustry :p