Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Derp. I thought I would have to continue to charge them, that explains why they aren't consuming a charge. It isn't unfair to ask that they be charged to add energy to them. That was my assumption and they were craftable with a coil.

psp

Jul 29, 2019
For the part that it has to be realistic, does that mean it can be something you thought of and it makes some sort of since and isn't just a magic box that does something? Like, can it be that this could work but hasn't ever been tried.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
For the part that it has to be realistic, does that mean it can be something you thought of and it makes some sort of since and isn't just a magic box that does something? Like, can it be that this could work but hasn't ever been tried.
For RC tech? It must not violate any known laws of physics, must not be more than 50 or so years in the future, and must have realistic scaling (like engine output).

Reactions: YX33A and psp

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Not a rotarycraft but a proposition for reactocraft

Any realistics method to produce energy in there, without using a turbine? An heat to energy source other then steam?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Any potential to be able to drop a bucket of lubricant into windmills to shut them up some?
The sound is from air current, not metal grinding.

Not a rotarycraft but a proposition for reactocraft

Any realistics method to produce energy in there, without using a turbine? An heat to energy source other then steam?
Turbines are how you extract energy from steam. There is no other way to do it.

Reactions: Padfoote

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
How about those vertical turbines, like they are looking at for renewable power? Where they make a tube a kilometer high with turbines at the bottom (or top).

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Where they make a tube a kilometer high with turbines at the bottom (or top).
I am dubious. Towers this size cost over a billion dollars each.
1233px-BurjKhalifaHeight.svg.png

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Sometimes I wish that Reactorcraft turbines would require a lubricant supply, even if only to give my proper canola farm a reason to continue operating. It would make sense realistically.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
There is no way to pipe it in, and people would go ballistic, I think.
I for one would like that. It makes sense. I was also wondering about having two types of lubricant, an early game canola one, and a synthetic later game one. The canola would still have the gears take small amounts of damage, but the synthetic one would be like the lube we have now.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's fair to say. Higher tech also means maintenance and a prior investment in lower level infrastructure. You shouldn't just make a few buckets of lube and walk, you need to automate it and have a reliable supply. That said if we're talking about large amounts creating another kind of lube, perhaps a synthetic variant would be good. Maybe refine BC oil into lube instead of fuel. Or a machine like the jet fuel maker (name eludes me) which takes canola lube and refines it into something which lasts longer or an increase in volume. My only concern would be that it must be completely renewable for proper farming.

A turbine could take lube input from the rear, or have a "crankcase" that's the base you add lubricant into.

Reactions: YX33A and Narc