Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
The newer versions of TE, including all versions with that feature, cannot be run in a dev environment, and thus I cannot plug into it.

An easy fix.

Place and break.
Thank you! 10k of dye blocks in my ME system, and I was afraid I had wasted all that dye. Thank you so much!

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
The newer versions of TE, including all versions with that feature, cannot be run in a dev environment, and thus I cannot plug into it.
By saying "versions of TE", are you referring also to CoFHCore? IIRC, CoFHCore was the "coremod" that added this feature, and TE is simply the first to implement it. If that's the case, then is CoFHCore licensed or has something changed?
Don't reference me on this ^ though: I'm not sure, and probably wrong.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
By saying "versions of TE", are you referring also to CoFHCore? IIRC, CoFHCore was the "coremod" that added this feature, and TE is simply the first to implement it. If that's the case, then is CoFHCore licensed or has something changed?
Don't reference me on this ^ though: I'm not sure, and probably wrong.
No, I mean it literally will not load, instead crashing the client. For obvious reasons, I cannot develop with a nonlaunchable client.

Reactions: YX33A

AdmiralKirov

Jul 29, 2019
Being able to use belt hubs inline with other shafts, the way old lineshaft power distrubution used to work, would be great!

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Right now, since turbine torque output is variable and, as you've stated, variable inputs cause lag with Electricraft, Electricraft really isn't that friendly to use. Would it be possible to resolve this, either by an adjustable current regulator in the generator, changing the generator to be load-based rather then supply-based and only process what's requested, adding a way to regulate turbine output, or some other solution? A current transformer would also be nice - set a maximum threshold and it outputs a redstone signal based on how much current is flowing. If we could use gold/silver dust on resistor bands, that would be useful, too.

Reactions: Pyure

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Right now, since turbine torque output is variable and, as you've stated, variable inputs cause lag with Electricraft, Electricraft really isn't that friendly to use. Would it be possible to resolve this, either by an adjustable current regulator in the generator, changing the generator to be load-based rather then supply-based and only process what's requested, adding a way to regulate turbine output, or some other solution? A current transformer would also be nice - set a maximum threshold and it outputs a redstone signal based on how much current is flowing. If we could use gold/silver dust on resistor bands, that would be useful, too.

Input to an industrial coil, and using a comparator have it begin outputting when close to full. That'll give a steady input, even though it'll take a little bit to charge and discharge.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Input to an industrial coil, and using a comparator have it begin outputting when close to full. That'll give a steady input, even though it'll take a little bit to charge and discharge.
Except when the coil is in charge mode, then you're out of luck if you need continual power, and power gets wasted during discharge mode. Dual coils *MIGHT* work if combined with engineer's toolbox to swap them when appropriate, otherwise I'd be wasting half the input power during charge/output cycles. Plus they're output-limited, I haven't done the math quite yet but if you want to dump the entire power generated by a row of HP turbines into superconductors, you may end up wasting a lot of power charging a full coil while the other discharges.

Reactions: Pyure

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Probably removing light bridges, don't get me wrong I think that they are amazing but for a mod that focuses on realism being able to turn shaft energy into a bridge to walk on is pretty ridiculous.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Probably removing light bridges, don't get me wrong I think that they are amazing but for a mod that focuses on realism being able to turn shaft energy into a bridge to walk on is pretty ridiculous.
The privilege of the mod author is to choose when realism is important :) (I'm looking at you, bedrock axe)

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Otoh, we have force shield, rail guns, heat rays... Why not a light bridge?

I want a clockwork light saber.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of clockwork, anyone else noticing spring wound items not winding down? I had a nightvision helmet and spring boots which never seem to need recharging.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I would rather prefer to change their mechanics than totally remove them.

Speaking of clockwork, anyone else noticing spring wound items not winding down? I had a nightvision helmet and spring boots which never seem to need recharging.
Helmets never wind down.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I would rather prefer to change their mechanics than totally remove them.

Helmets never wind down.

I thought the spring boots did. I charged a pair with a high strength spring at 2048, and it's never gone down. Is there an off by one at the top end? I also lost the enchantment haze when I charged them.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I thought the spring boots did. I charged a pair with a high strength spring at 2048, and it's never gone down. Is there an off by one at the top end? I also lost the enchantment haze when I charged them.
Enchantment...? Only the bedrock spring boots come enchanted, and they do not need to be charged either.