Unsupported Monster 1.6.4 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
Mod Pack: Monster
Mod & Version: 1.1.2 Client, 1.1.2 Server,
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/R0XzX1Bh
Whats the bug?: In creative mode while connected to a server, if you click 'Search Items' via the vanilla item search engine, the client game crashes
Can it be repeated? Yes, connect to a server with all of the mods, go into creative mode, and click the search tab.
Known Workaround: Use NEI to search and get items, you have to be an OP though.
Known Fix: None.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Mod & Version: 1.1.2 Client, 1.1.2 Server,
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/R0XzX1Bh
Whats the bug?: In creative mode while connected to a server, if you click 'Search Items' via the vanilla item search engine, the client game crashes
Can it be repeated? Yes, connect to a server with all of the mods, go into creative mode, and click the search tab.
Known Workaround: Use NEI to search and get items, you have to be an OP though.
Known Fix: None.
Fixed in v24.

Reactions: Gamebuster

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
Mod Pack: Monster 1.1.2
Mod & Version: MachineMuse (That is what it's saying in the console when I try to nick the console)
Pastebin link to crash log: No Crash
Whats the bug? Any player can /nick themself, even if they are not an op, and there is no option to disable this in the config for servers.
Can it be repeated? /nick
Known Fix:None

This is a real problem because you can't tell who a player is (Only when they connect, if you have access to the console), so you cannot ban them. Even using command blocks and doing "/say @a" displays their nickname.

Last edited:

BC92303

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if anybody has already reported it, so sorry if I happen to repeat a previous report. (underlined is essential of the bug, green text is further explanation of the bug if need be)

Version 1.1.1
Mods: RedstoneArsenal-1.0.0.0 & GeoStrata 1.6 V19b
Does not crash instances
Bug: When mining with the flux infused pickaxe, empowered or quelled, any geostrata blocks (natural ones, not tested on cobble or brick versions) simply disappear, like creative mode mining.
They also take a longer time then usual to mine. When using the pickaxe in empowered mode on any other ore or stone or block designed to be minded by a pickaxe, the geostrata blocks still disappear (no visual bug disappearance).
I have noticed this first in monster pack Version 1.1.0 and didn't report it because at the time I found it useful for the 'limited' storage capabilities I had at the time in my in game base; Now however I was reminded of the bug and find it rather annoying. I have used every pickaxe in the game mining these blocks, the TC hammers, and the thaumcraft awakened ichorium pickaxe in square mode, none of them have this issue.

The bug is easily repeatable and the only known fix I have found for it is using another kind of pickaxe.

2nd Bug report
Version 1.1.1
Mods: ThaumicTinkerer-2.3-130 & ThaumicTinkererKAMI_j6 & TConstruct_mc1.6.4_1.5.3
Does not crash instances
Bug: When mining with the 'large' surface tools, hammers, excavators, lumber axes, battle axes, awakened icorium tools (except sword); I have sometimes encountered them mining in another direction then intended. However when this happens, especially when mining or digging out large areas, or trying to cut down a large tree [awakened ichorium axe in tree mode] (never even attempted a natura redwood for obvious reasons) they sometimes look like they took the whole tree down, even visually, but they leave behind 'Ghost Blocks' that I very easily get stuck in, or that can start suffocating my character without warning. (this bug, if it is an actual bug, occurs least when using the hammers, excavators an battle axe from TC. And I have yet to see it happen when cutting down a tree smaller then a 2x2 vanilla jungle tree, that is when the bug tends to start to show occasionally)
Repeatable? Yes, most effectively with the awakened shovel and pickaxe trying to flatten a large hill, or with the lumber or awakened axe cutting down rainbow trees, highlands redwood trees, and those large naturally spawning oaks in marshy-like biomes when using ATG-Alternate to generate the world. For recreation of the bug I humbly advise to use the highlands redwood trees or those huge oaks in fair quantity, or going crazy with the awakened pickaxe on a redstone ready flat world and observe what happens.
Known Fix: Slow meticulous mining, placing a few blocks where you just mined/tried to cut the tree down to check for ghost blocks and then try mining again (usually gets the ghost blocks in the mining area as well, or finally fells the tree as it was supposed too); letting the chunks unload and reload (doesn't seem to work in my chunk-loaded areas, as expected) logging out and back in to the world. But from time to time I actually have had to restarting my client/server to fix the ghost blocks.

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
Known Fix: Slow meticulous mining, placing a few blocks where you just mined/tried to cut the tree down to check for ghost blocks and then try mining again (usually gets the ghost blocks in the mining area as well, or finally fells the tree as it was supposed too); letting the chunks unload and reload (doesn't seem to work in my chunk-loaded areas, as expected) logging out and back in to the world. But from time to time I actually have had to restarting my client/server to fix the ghost blocks.

You can log out and log back in to reload the chunks, ghost blocks should no longer be invisible, and you should be able to mine.

Just another workaround.

Nick V

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Monster v1.1.2 for 1.6.4
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/9u8fHtzF
Whats the bug? -FTB Monster crashes when it gets to the Mojang screen.
Can it be repeated? -yes
Known Fix: -no known fix

Extra Info: Some people from the FTB Team already tried to help me. One of them said it had to do with Thaumcraft Mob Aspects. I sent him a link to the config file for Thaumcraft Mob Aspects.
ThaumcraftMobAspectsConfigFile: https://drive.google.com/a/dist156.org/file/d/0B2QM57bnoNdeREdqaHhlQWFvMG8/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you for your time and help! -CuzzICann:)

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
I don't know if anybody has already reported it, so sorry if I happen to repeat a previous report. (underlined is essential of the bug, green text is further explanation of the bug if need be)

Version 1.1.1
Mods: RedstoneArsenal-1.0.0.0 & GeoStrata 1.6 V19b
Does not crash instances
Bug: When mining with the flux infused pickaxe, empowered or quelled, any geostrata blocks (natural ones, not tested on cobble or brick versions) simply disappear, like creative mode mining.
They also take a longer time then usual to mine. When using the pickaxe in empowered mode on any other ore or stone or block designed to be minded by a pickaxe, the geostrata blocks still disappear (no visual bug disappearance).
I have noticed this first in monster pack Version 1.1.0 and didn't report it because at the time I found it useful for the 'limited' storage capabilities I had at the time in my in game base; Now however I was reminded of the bug and find it rather annoying. I have used every pickaxe in the game mining these blocks, the TC hammers, and the thaumcraft awakened ichorium pickaxe in square mode, none of them have this issue.

The bug is easily repeatable and the only known fix I have found for it is using another kind of pickaxe.

2nd Bug report
Version 1.1.1
Mods: ThaumicTinkerer-2.3-130 & ThaumicTinkererKAMI_j6 & TConstruct_mc1.6.4_1.5.3
Does not crash instances
Bug: When mining with the 'large' surface tools, hammers, excavators, lumber axes, battle axes, awakened icorium tools (except sword); I have sometimes encountered them mining in another direction then intended. However when this happens, especially when mining or digging out large areas, or trying to cut down a large tree [awakened ichorium axe in tree mode] (never even attempted a natura redwood for obvious reasons) they sometimes look like they took the whole tree down, even visually, but they leave behind 'Ghost Blocks' that I very easily get stuck in, or that can start suffocating my character without warning. (this bug, if it is an actual bug, occurs least when using the hammers, excavators an battle axe from TC. And I have yet to see it happen when cutting down a tree smaller then a 2x2 vanilla jungle tree, that is when the bug tends to start to show occasionally)
Repeatable? Yes, most effectively with the awakened shovel and pickaxe trying to flatten a large hill, or with the lumber or awakened axe cutting down rainbow trees, highlands redwood trees, and those large naturally spawning oaks in marshy-like biomes when using ATG-Alternate to generate the world. For recreation of the bug I humbly advise to use the highlands redwood trees or those huge oaks in fair quantity, or going crazy with the awakened pickaxe on a redstone ready flat world and observe what happens.
It's a vsinc error common VANILLA minecraft glich mods don't help..

AforAnonymous

Jul 29, 2019
Not directly a bug but something I think mod pack creators should be aware of, Cauldron (prev. MCPC+) has changed its namespace for its 1.6.4 builds earlier today/late yesterday, this will require a patch to MobiusCore (blood already informed ProfMobius) since it patches the world class. (PowerCrystals Core also patches the world class, but from what I've heard is supposedly not affected by this.)

Although you don't support Cauldron (and for good reason), it might be worth delaying 1.1.3 a bit until a patch has been issued, since it'll be the last mod pack release and there'll probably be lots of whining otherwise. :)

Last build that was created before the namespace change is #272, btw.

LightHero

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack: Monster v1.1.2
Mod & version: IC2 exp. 2.0.397
--No crash--
What's the Bug: item ID mismatch - When crafting an energy crystal in the compressor, it returns item 30241:27 - immediately taking this into your inventory changes the ID to 30241:26 - This doesn't affect recipes immediately, however, if you use AE automation (like me), it will retain the 30241:27 item ID - When you take that out to craft a pattern, it will give you the 30241:26 because you have to put it in your inventory to move it to your pattern encoder. When placed in the AE system, it will craft the energy crystal - however, if you try to make any pattern that requires energy crystals, the computer will not continue making the items because it is looking for item 30241:26 and the what's in the computer storage is item 30241:27 - any recipe requiring energy crystals will be unable to autocraft using AE.
Can it be repeated? N/A
Known fix - ask the server admin to place the energy crystal with item ID 30241:27 into each and every pattern (good luck getting a good one to do that for you!)

Pictures:

scider

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: QuarryPlus and EnderIO
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/c4ZbLxwr
Whats the bug? When placing a miningwellplus (silk touch1, efficiency 5 and unbreaking 3) and connecting an energy conduit to it (highest tier) to the back. Then using mffs moving capabilities (direwolf20 mffs mining machine), game crashes and when I reboot the world, everything the mffs tried to move was gone.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: None that I could find

kisik21

Jul 29, 2019
ModPack: Monster v 1.1.1 + GregTech + Ars Magica 2 - RotaryCraft and all it's addons, server is on Cauldron 1.6.4
Mod & Version: it's likely to be Factorization 0.8.34, but I'm not sure
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/R5K31pzC
If you need error report log from Java, it's attached below.
Bug: Java Fatal Error: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000069a6be00, pid=23820, tid=73580
when I went into the chunks that contains wrathlamps.
Can it be repeated: Seems like yes.
Known fix: Do not use wrathlamps. It's should help. If you bugged, use a world backup, if you created it.

Attachments

• hs_err_pid23820.txt
    35 KB · Views: 96

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
ModPack: Monster v 1.1.1 + GregTech + Ars Magica 2 - RotaryCraft and all it's addons, server is on Cauldron 1.6.4

It's been stated that they don't support 1. Modpacks with extra mods added, and 2. Using anything other than the stock FTB jar for launching the game. Try replicating your bug without using the extra mods and without cauldron.

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Found what I *think* is a missing mod from the Monster 1.1.2 server download.

I downloaded the server and applied it to our dedicated box a couple of days ago. Morpheus, the server-side only mod that allows night to pass if only 50% of the online players are sleeping, is listed as included on the Altassassin modlist, but it did not download as part of the 1.1.2 server. Its config was also missing from the /config folder.

Now, I suspect this may be premature, because 1.1.1 is the Monster server automatically linked by the FTB website. I just cheated the creeperhost link by replacing the 1 with a 2, so the server pack may very well have not been completed yet.

As a workaround if server owners are updating to 1.1.2 early, you can copy over the Morpheus-1.6.4-1.2.32.jar and Morpheus.cfg into /mods and /config, respectively, from the Monster 1.1.1 server. As far as I know, no changes have taken place, the files are just missing from the newer server ZIP.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Found what I *think* is a missing mod from the Monster 1.1.2 server download.

I downloaded the server and applied it to our dedicated box a couple of days ago. Morpheus, the server-side only mod that allows night to pass if only 50% of the online players are sleeping, is listed as included on the Altassassin modlist, but it did not download as part of the 1.1.2 server. Its config was also missing from the /config folder.

Now, I suspect this may be premature, because 1.1.1 is the Monster server automatically linked by the FTB website. I just cheated the creeperhost link by replacing the 1 with a 2, so the server pack may very well have not been completed yet.

As a workaround if server owners are updating to 1.1.2 early, you can copy over the Morpheus-1.6.4-1.2.32.jar and Morpheus.cfg into /mods and /config, respectively, from the Monster 1.1.1 server. As far as I know, no changes have taken place, the files are just missing from the newer server ZIP.

Yup. I forgot to add morpheus to the server download.

AforAnonymous

Jul 29, 2019
Mod pack: Monster 1.1.2
Mod version: N/A, maybe Biomes o Plenty
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
What's the bug:

There is some block ID conflict with Emeralds, Sandstone stairs & tainted soil that seems to show up in the Biomes O Plenty Pasture BIome:

https://i.imgur.com/VqE8jvZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wdVvBzt.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/28ocsmR.png

I have no idea which blocks there should actually be there, but this is what we get. There's another cluster not unlike it quite close to this one.

can it be repeated? Unknown

Last edited:

pigtailsboy

Jul 29, 2019
Mod pack: Monster 1.1.1
Mod version: Thermal expansion 3.0.0.2 with possible connection to railcraft 8.4.0.0
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/QURGd7vq
What's the bug: a client crash when connecting T3 fluid ducts to a water starved railcraft engine. A relog showed a forestry engine missing and the railcraft engine in player inventory. A second attempt connecting a fluid duct to a different and equal railcraft engine without water crashed the client and corrupted the save.
can it be repeated? In the same area to the same type of engine. in a short period of time. Further testing would be a waste of my time on this earth.

Add: I'm assuming for the moment my world is a loss. may move some files around and see if I can access the overworld from a different save.

Add: Restored world in another save. Attempting to locate player inventory without success.

Add: level.dat and level.dat_old failed to be saved and seem to have been removed from the save file. Player data has been wiped. Assuming that the thermal expansion fluid ducts and exploding hobbyist is bad for your save game. I'm pissed off. Mostly at all of you. I'm perfect and beautiful and you ruined my day, world. I hope you all get bladder infections or something.
Now I have to go down the T4 research tree all over again. It was bad enough when inventory items would glitch out of existence from a player death. Hundreds of aspects and research points gone.

Add: character wipe seems to be unrelated. the crash must have happened at a sensitive time. Crashes continue to happen every time a fluid duct is placed next to a railcraft hobbyist. will test to see if this more than just a recent conflict.

Last edited:

tiarnia

Jul 29, 2019
Mod pack: Monster 1.1.1
Mod version: Thermal expansion 3.0.0.2 with possible connection to railcraft 8.4.0.0
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/QURGd7vq
What's the bug: a client crash when connecting T3 fluid ducts to a water starved railcraft engine. A relog showed a forestry engine missing and the railcraft engine in player inventory. A second attempt connecting a fluid duct to a different and equal railcraft engine without water crashed the client and corrupted the save.
can it be repeated? In the same area to the same type of engine. in a short period of time. Further testing would be a waste of my time on this earth.

Add: I'm assuming for the moment my world is a loss. may move some files around and see if I can access the overworld from a different save.

Add: Restored world in another save. Attempting to locate player inventory without success.

Add: level.dat and level.dat_old failed to be saved and seem to have been removed from the save file. Player data has been wiped. Assuming that the thermal expansion fluid ducts and exploding hobbyist is bad for your save game. I'm pissed off. Mostly at all of you. I'm perfect and beautiful and you ruined my day, world. I hope you all get bladder infections or something.
Now I have to go down the T4 research tree all over again. It was bad enough when inventory items would glitch out of existence from a player death. Hundreds of aspects and research points gone.

This is why my world is backed up 2 times a day can't loose too much that way

Status
Not open for further replies.