Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Im playing on my custom modpack and because i only have 1gb of ram i didn't add mystcraft, so! But would it help to make it far away?
I would recommend quarrying at least out of your personal loading distance of your base. That is at least 10 chunks away. The deal is that open quarry pits leave a lot of surfaces that needs to be rendered. So having loads of pits near your base would impact your fps. So yeah go far enough away to make sure you are out of distance of anywhere you plan to build.

I am guessing you don't have access to the Ender Quarry from Extra Utilities either? That would be preferable for quarrying in the overworld since it replaces all it mines with dirt and therefore don't leave open pits.

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
Does it help with lag to use a filler and fill the holes? Because i have some holes already from my turtle.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I don't even know what mod that's from or what pack you're playing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It's from Openblocks, I use it to speed up my magical crops farm but I can grow those without an adjacent water source. I'm not sure I can do the same thing with wheat

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Hey so, how would one go about updating a modpack's forge version? I want to try messing with new 1.7 mods but I don't really know how to get around to doing that.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Fertilised dirt. The mod documentation says it doesn't need an adjacent water source (as normal farmland does), but does this also work if I use it with plants that have their own water check (like wheat and sugar)?
Not sure but assumed it was added as a replacement for the XY-craft soil and therefore did allow you to plant sugarcane etc without the need for water.

I don't even know what mod that's from or what pack you're playing.

It's from Openblocks, I use it to speed up my magical crops farm but I can grow those without an adjacent water source. I'm not sure I can do the same thing with wheat
Random Things.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed. Mods like Openblocks, Random Things and Extra Utilities are one big jumble in my head :p
I has no idea how use OpenBlocks/Random Things. (Bad grammar intended.) But I do know some stuff about Extra Utilities. Stuff like AE and ReactorCraft's HTGR or the Breeder Reactor from the same mod are what make me explode.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
How can i tell the forums not to send me emails every time i get a reply?
It's in your account settings, somewhere...

Speaking from experience, you will need to unsubscribe and resub any threads you don't want to get emails for after you make the change.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
logistics crafting chests and crafting pipes:
OK, so I am trying to automate the creation of diamond chests (Iron Chest mod part of Monster).
Starts with making a standard chest from wood, then an iron chest (standard chest surrounded by iron), then a gold chest (iron chest surrounded by gold) and finally the diamond chest which is 3glass/diamond,goldchest,diamond/3 glass.
I have a series of logistics crafting tables set up and crafting pipes into those hooked into the rest of my system. I setup the patterns in the crafting tables, imported it into the crafting pipes. The standard chest gets created no problem and it is moved to the table for the iron chest. I simply cannot get iron ingots to go into that table. The gold ingots go into the gold chest table, and the glass and diamonds move to the diamond chest logistics table but iron ingots just nadda... there are thousands of them available, just something is gotta be off. I've tried using satellite pipes to add either the chest or the ingots via that and nothing.

Am i missing something stupidly simple?

thanks!