Don´t update to 1.0.3.1

DeltaOneThree

Jul 29, 2019
Having issues as well:

Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Error using authlib: java.lang.NullPointerException
Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.NullPointerException

Hatz

Jul 29, 2019
Same problem here... any way to roll back the version or is there a way we can download the previous version?

The Bard

Jul 29, 2019
I've just discovered this problem and nothing I do fixes it.[DOUBLEPOST=1400731372][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm glad it's not just on my end. If I find a solution I'll post it

The Bard

Jul 29, 2019
Same problem here... any way to roll back the version or is there a way we can download the previous version?

I figured it out on Windows 7...

Instead of using your shortcut on your desktop (Where I assume you placed your shortcut), find where the actual launcher^FTB_Launcer application file is stored. Right click it and view properties. Go to the tab named "Previous Versions" and wait until a version from before the update appears. It should be sometims before the 20th I believe. Restore that. It should work, but you'll need to re enter your login info on the launcher.

If what my instructions don't make sense tell me where I need to clarify.

iBootleg

Jul 29, 2019

Instead of using your shortcut on your desktop (Where I assume you placed your shortcut), find where the actual launcher^FTB_Launcer application file is stored. Right click it and view properties. Go to the tab named "Previous Versions" and wait until a version from before the update appears. It should be sometims before the 20th I believe. Restore that. It should work, but you'll need to re enter your login info on the launcher.

You my sir....are just pure epicness. Worked for me (directions were as clear as day to me)

Reactions: The Bard

The Bard

Jul 29, 2019
You my sir....are just pure epicness. Worked for me (directions were as clear as day to me)

I'm glad it worked. I think there's just something wrong with the launcher. This needs to be brought to the attention of the devs. They likely know already though.

I spent nearly an hour trying to solve this and the solution was so simple...

I actually created an account for this forum just so I could comment here lol

Hatz

Jul 29, 2019

That is a brilliant idea... I'm screwed unfortunately though. I downloaded the launcher again from the website (hoping they hadn't updated it yet) and overwrote my launcher so now I can't roll it back. Oh well.

*Edit* I logged in remotely to my work PC and grabbed the old version of the launcher (not that I ever play at work or anything...). It works!

Even though it didn't directly help me, thanks Bard for the great idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Bard

coolcsl10

Jul 29, 2019
My windows protection was off, so it didn't log the change in the launcher. :( Looks like I got to wait.

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Create a new profile at the bottom of the launcher and it should work again.

That I have understand, but "ERROR can´t create new Profile" :(

There is a fix to this, on your launcher click "edit" next to your profile name to go to the profile editor and change your profile name to match your username.
(example)

DOESN'T WORK
Username: [email protected]
Password: **
Profile Name: notch

DOES WORK
Profile Name: [email protected][EMAIL='[email protected][/quote'][/quote][/EMAIL]

Nothing happend if I click then on "Update"[/

Jysus Cryst

Jul 29, 2019
There is a fix to this, on your launcher click "edit" next to your profile name to go to the profile editor and change your profile name to match your username.
(example)

DOESN'T WORK

DOES WORK
Profile Name: [email protected]

I was having the same problem and I can confirm that this also works, so you don't have to roll back to the last version of the launcher. Thanks!

Eareos

Jul 29, 2019
(example)

DOESN'T WORK

DOES WORK
Profile Name: [email protected]
THANK YOU SO MUCH! (I cant do the outher way caz i am useing win8)
This is still a bug clearly. Hopefully will be fixed soon it looks ugly with my profile name being my email

But At Least It Works.

What I Was Doing Before:
Simply Select The "Select Profile" Option And Then Play In Offline Mode.

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
1.0.3.11 dosn´t work, too :(:(:(

Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.NullPointerException <--- This comes if you click on Launch