What's new in modded minecraft today?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose this is modded MC news: the Official Wiki has recently adapted to be a "general mod" wiki. This means that all mods are welcome to be documented on the wiki. Some of you may have seen me hint at this on the AutoFood thread and @VapourDrive 's profile. I'll be talking to Jinbobo about making an official post about this somewhere here on the forums and on Reddit, but until then, there you go ;)

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose this is modded MC news: the Official Wiki has recently adapted to be a "general mod" wiki. This means that all mods are welcome to be documented on the wiki. Some of you may have seen me hint at this on the AutoFood thread and @VapourDrive 's profile. I'll be talking to Jinbobo about making an official post about this somewhere here on the forums and on Reddit, but until then, there you go ;)
I guess this means that an update should probably be in store for Valued Decor... ;)
Although, in complete seriousness I think this is a good move forward. This has been one of the best and respectful communities with some of the most dedicated people behind it that I have ever had a chance to be a part of!

timandy1

Jul 29, 2019
I think they should just give up on the official wiki and use ftbwiki.org instead. That one is MUCH better.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I think they should just give up on the official wiki and use ftbwiki.org instead. That one is MUCH better.
>That one is MUCH better
How? If you have any ways to improve it, please let us know on the Wiki Creation subforum. please don't just say "dis sux ftbwiki.org iz superior" as that is not productive and does not help us to improve the wiki.

Also, our template magic is far superior to any other mod wiki I've seen.

timandy1

Jul 29, 2019
>That one is MUCH better
How? If you have any ways to improve it, please let us know on the Wiki Creation subforum. please don't just say "dis sux ftbwiki.org iz superior" as that is not productive and does not help us to improve the wiki.

Also, our template magic is far superior to any other mod wiki I've seen.
It has many more articles and is iPad-compatable

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see how ditching the wiki solves either of these problems. Also, as @Padfoote said, we are constantly working on making more content, and iirc the mobile skin is in-progress. It does work, just not that well.

Is the wiki open for everyone to edit, because if not, I attribute it to the success of other wikis.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
@Azanor has updated Thaumcraft to 4.1.1.13

Azanor said:
- Baubles: requires Baubles 1.0.0.13
- API: fixed AspectSourceHelper.drainEssentia so it points to the correct package
- API: exposed a few more things like damagesources and potions in the API
- changed the way the bonus nuggets from smelting in the infernal furnace is stored. This should hopefully prevent the few cases where item id's get shuffled by forge after world loading caused the stored smelting bonuses to become invalid.
- alchemy golems will now default to drawing and placing into the top of jars allowing them to work when placed on any side of a jar
- alchemy golems will fill marked containers in the following priority: non-jars -> partially filled jar (or void) with label -> empty jar (or void) with label -> completely filled void jar with label -> partially filled jar (or void) without label -> empty jar (or void) without label -> completely filled void jar without label
- fire resistant golems are now resistant to most possible sources of fire damage
- trying another fix for taint related crashes
- added "glowing_taint" option to the config file. Set to false to improve performance and possibly reduce taint related crashes if the above fix doesn't do it
- gotten rid of "ghost" preacantio aspects that showed up on certain items with nbt data
- fixed arcane bore visuals

@CrazyPants has updated Ender IO to 1.1.0 Alpha.67
CrazyPants said:
- Added creative capacitor bank.
- Added electromagnet.
- Added Fluix Crystal Processing to SAG Mill (AlgorithmX2)
- Added 'icon labels' for travel anchors and Ender IO blocks.

- Re-balanced stirling gen. Now outputs 2x the power, while consuming fuel 2x faster. With oct-cap (max) upgrade it becomes the equiv. of TE steam dynamo with needing water.
- Merged fixes from v1.0.5 for 1.6.4
- Fixed formating of conduit probe messages.
- Combustion Gen. still shown as active when disabled with redstone controls
- Updated de localisations (Vexatos)
- Update ru localistaions (Adaptivity)

Farm:
- Changed farming mechanic a little so all drops are auto-collected and trees leaves are harvested.
- Improved harvesting of large oaks by the farmer.
- Added support for ender lillies
- Added suport for 'Still Hungry' crops
- Farmer now correctly harvests multi-layer natura berry bushes

@SpitefulFox has updated Forbidden Magic to 0.34

SpitefulFox said:
v0.34
- Bugfix: Totemic Wand Core is now craftable. Way to go, Pokefenn.
- Bugfix: Will no longer throw a NullPointerException when another mod tampers with the recipes for gold armor.
- Change: Witchwood Wand costs less mana.
- Change: Livingwood Wand costs more mana.
- Change: Neutronium Wand is now marked as Creative Only in case the 9001 vis weren't a clue.
- Change: Chinese translation is cleaned up thanks to crafteverywhere
- Change: Umbral Rose growth rate un-nerfed slightly
- Change: Chameleon Tools can now have separate anvil names per mode
- Change: Chameleon Pickaxe with the Eternal enchant can now be used in the Arcane Bore without ever breaking.
- Change: Bloody Scrivener's Tools can now use LP from within the research table. Durability on them drastically decreased for if you run out of LP.
- Addition: Witchwood Staff - Faster and less expensive than the wand
- Addition: Neutronium Staff - In case you wanted a staff instead of a wand. o_O
- Addition: Scribing Tools of Thoth - Another pointless Kami item

@Chylex has updated Hardcore Ender Expansion

Chylex said:
Important

• This release requires Java 7!
Additions

Changes

Bugfixes

@Dynious has updated Refined Relocation to 1.0.4e
Dynious said:
1.0.4e
  • Fixed crash when Block Extender is unloaded and IC2 isn't installed
  • Fixed bug when trying to items names with spaces
  • Fixed Block Extender interface update bug
  • Added more localization options

@Wasliebob released an addon for ForgeMultipart which adds all blocks as microblocks. You can find it Here
@Vazkii talks about "Overautomatization" on Reddit. You can find it Here

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
@AlgorithmX2 has updated Applied Energistics 2 to rv0.beta build 6:

AlgorithmX2 said:
rv0.beta builds 5-6
  1. Fixed Bug: #0436 - Fluid Tunnels don't require Power
  2. Fixed bug where fluid tunnels would not function properly.
  3. Quartz Ore no longer has blurry stone around the crystals.
  4. Changed tool tip for Crafting Terminal's "x" button.
  5. Fixed Bug: #0442 - IC2 Power Tunnel weirdness? Or feature?
  6. Revenge of Tunnel Power Usage - All tunnels should now require power.
  7. Attempt to prevent old versions of NEI From crashing, should disable integration instead.

EDIT: Fixed build 5 being repeated.