Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
As Moasseman said it adds 1000C per height with default of 1000C to the max of internal slots(6 slots so 6000C).

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the most efficient way to get seed oil? 800k nutdew or several million seeds seems a bit much for something so simple?

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the most efficient way to get seed oil? 800k nutdew or several million seeds seems a bit much for something so simple?

Chestnuts. They're not that hard to get, chuck them in a manual forestry treefarm with an orchard setup, and you'll get a heap of them. They give about 0.220 oil/nut, so you only need about 800 or so of them.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need to take a single step to Nether. Mining laser gets you plenty of everything.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the mining laser does not get you Nether Iridium in any version of the pack that I have tried. In version 2.1.5 you can find it in newly generated chunks in the Nether which requires manual mining or an ender quarry. Statistics from me generating chunks and analyzing the blocks with McEdit show that it spawns approx 1 in every 6 chunks with the current configs for Nether Ores mod. So in order to complete the final quest in the "End" quest line you need to mine approximately 24 chunks from top to bottom to get the 4 Nether Iridium.

Reactions: FnDragon

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
Chestnuts. They're not that hard to get, chuck them in a manual forestry treefarm with an orchard setup, and you'll get a heap of them. They give about 0.220 oil/nut, so you only need about 800 or so of them.
Guess i need to learn how to use the forrestry tree farm then haha.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Guess i need to learn how to use the forrestry tree farm then haha.
For added output you could use gendustry machines to get "Yield: High" from plums and add that for about 2 chestnuts per leaf block(if you let them mature), and as chestnut trees are quite large youll get about 800-1000 per tree IIRC

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
What, now? You know that "160000" required is mB, right? So, 160 buckets. I suggest that you could grow 16000 melon slices (with an MFR fertilizer/harvester) and turn them to seeds before you can breed chestnut trees, set up the farm, and let it take its slow-ass time collecting 800 nuts.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
What, now? You know that "160000" required is mB, right? So, 160 buckets. I suggest that you could grow 16000 melon slices (with an MFR fertilizer/harvester) and turn them to seeds before you can breed chestnut trees, set up the farm, and let it take its slow-ass time collecting 800 nuts.

WaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWait Hang on a second here- Hold the phone guys.

The liquid quests are in milibuckets?
The ENTIRE time it was milibuckets, not actual buckets!!!?
I was looking forward to designing a system for 10000 buckets of manyll :(

How do I fix this?

Reactions: netmc

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
WaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWait Hang on a second here- Hold the phone guys.

The liquid quests are in milibuckets?
The ENTIRE time it was milibuckets, not actual buckets!!!?
I was looking forward to designing a system for 10000 buckets of manyll :(

How do I fix this?
Um, go right ahead, forget I said anything!

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
is tinker's steelworks cement currently not attainable?

i want to make a building that looks like a beehive to host my bee stuff.. thought I'd use white + yellow cement because I like the look but I don't think I can get it without cheating it in.

any other suggestions for blocks for a beehive-type building (or any building that would look nice for bees?)?

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone found a good way to control your Big reactor on this pack? I would normally use computercraft or a state cell to control my Big Reactor I an using MFR which I found here
Code:
http://www.otegamers.com/topic/9459-big-reactors-resonant-rise-2833-and-you/
and it works very well but not when you change over to steam. :( I am looking for good way to control my reactor.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
is tinker's steelworks cement currently not attainable?

i want to make a building that looks like a beehive to host my bee stuff.. thought I'd use white + yellow cement because I like the look but I don't think I can get it without cheating it in.

any other suggestions for blocks for a beehive-type building (or any building that would look nice for bees?)?
I think it is technically obtainable, though I haven't tested it because one of the ingredients for liquid cement is limestone (you melt together limestone and seared stone for it), which is a pain in the rear to get. I don't know how to color it though, so it might be unobtainable.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Um, I have a question:
nwj5s9.png
Any suggestions on how I can improve my farm area? Those are tomato, wheat, lettuce, potato and tree farms. Each has a planter, a harvester (which, annoyingly, interlay with other fields, so my lettuce harvester also harvests potatoes) and, at least the wheat farm, a fertilizer which is now empty due to lack of fertilizer.
Also, I have reached a point where I can just make greater-elongated flight potions with relatively no problem, so I can easily afford to fly around now. Didn't stop me from having an absolutely STUPID death, though...
I wanted to go down to Y=10 to search for more nodes to scan for more elements for research. I jumped down and thought I could just fall and then start flying when I hit Y=20 or so. With a warp book in one of my ready slots in case of emergency. Long story short, 10 seconds later I was back at base minus my entire inventory and minus one life because I thought I could fly out of the void. Didn't lose anything truly important, though I did lose ~2 and a half stacks of footlongs, which is annoying...

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
I think it is technically obtainable, though I haven't tested it because one of the ingredients for liquid cement is limestone (you melt together limestone and seared stone for it), which is a pain in the rear to get. I don't know how to color it though, so it might be unobtainable.

when I melt limestone, I get quicksilver.. even when I melt limestone with seared stone.

and there's no recipe in NEI to color it either..

damn

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
when I melt limestone, I get quicksilver.. even when I melt limestone with seared stone.

and there's no recipe in NEI to color it either..

damn
Which pack version are you on? I know the Tinker's Steelworks has gone though a bit of change in the last several versions.

Masssattacker

Jul 29, 2019
Update on my issue I forgot it need to be ritual-block-bush going upwards.I did ritual-bush.

PS: what do you guys use to mob essence.