How to Transfer 4000+ Items Per Second

Solotov

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious if you've tried a few fully upgraded transfer nodes taking from the enderchest and feeding directly into an me interface, that's what i usually use for my universal "dump chest" into ae. I'm not quite sure how one or more would handle your volume as i've never had anything quite that high, but a stack of speed upgrades and a stack upgrade lets you transfer like 64 stacks a second which might be worth trying

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
The problem is, a tesseract cannot connect directly to an ME system, and itemducts are far too slow. Keep in mind that those 700 blocks could be up to 40 different types.

Not even impulse item ducts? The only thing I could say try is an ender chest, and a precision import bus. My lovely combination keeps up just fine, and i run 2 max sized quarries (256x256).

SynysterBear

Jul 29, 2019
Item transfer pipes from open blocks might be able to help out. The upgrades can make it insanely fast.

But 4000+ might be pushing it

EDIT: A fully FULLY upgraded item transfer pipe should be able to move 4096 items.

firebreaker2262

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think most people understand the sheer numbers you're talking about.
I think I have a better idea now that is a lot of items per second specially with that many borers as you're running. I tried a few different set up the first one I mentioned will take a lot more to do I'll see if I can find a picture to post and show my set up. There is awesome an item collector from the random things mod I hope that directly to an me interface what it took to have that setup per bore. I think your item ducks also work hookt from a few ender chests perhaps one ender chess per row? If you put the item ducks at max power they can easily keep up

Praetor_Mooneth

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone made use of the rotarycraft expanable chest?
And what is the capacity of whatever glorious item movers reika has made for us?
Pipes and or chromaticraft world rifts?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Has anyone made use of the rotarycraft expanable chest?
And what is the capacity of whatever glorious item movers reika has made for us?
Pipes and or chromaticraft world rifts?
The pneumatic item pump has no limits at all; the Item Mover from ChromatiCraft is designed for manual transport of many thousands of items at a time.

Reactions: Praetor_Mooneth

Praetor_Mooneth

Jul 29, 2019
The pneumatic item pump has no limits at all; the Item Mover from ChromatiCraft is designed for manual transport of many thousands of items at a time.
since i only ever bother with a single vertical column of boring machines from bedrock to the surface i haven't looked into them yet.
Surely a void cell ME chest would help to take the pressure off what ever import method the world munching machine operators decide to use.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
since i only ever bother with a single vertical column of boring machines from bedrock to the surface i haven't looked into them yet.
Surely a void cell ME chest would help to take the pressure off what ever import method the world munching machine operators decide to use.
Void cells can only store one item type. I use them extensively for things like stone storage from the Borers, so yes, they are good for that application, but not alone.

U

UnDrac

Sorry if this is too old of a thread to reply but this has helped me solve an issue with importing lots of items into an AE network, and I hope to help give some info back.

As far as I know an ME Interface (1.6.4 Minecraft AE, not AE2) can insert 8 different types of items (or stacks) every two ticks (might not be accurate) into the AE network provided it has something to store them into.

And since tesseracts should openly accept items from something that's pushing the items into the tesseract as long as it has something to push out of on the other side.

That being said, it's at the very least 320 item types/stacks per second for each interface that's placed on one side of a tesseract, going up to 1860 item types/stacks per second for one tesseract, even if all those 4000 items per second were each and every single one different from the other and would only stack with themselves, you'd only need about 13 interfaces to ensure the Borers have lots of free space to put their items in.

Note: I haven't used AE2 but I assume it's the case for both versions, unless it was nerfed drastically in AE2 :S

Last edited: