How to Transfer 4000+ Items Per Second

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I needed inter-dimensional item transport that could keep up with 27 maxed-out Borers in my survival world. Here is the prototype that I came up with. Surprisingly resource-cheap (though very expensive on power), too.

The creative strongbox represents the Borers. In reality, each borer would have its own chest, with a top output of 700 blocks per second, so you would only need one tesseract per Borer.
gvy3TWC.png

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even know what the borer does. Your best bet is probably tesseracts. 700 blocks a second is only 35 a tick is it should work provided the system on the output side can pull fast enough.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I don't even know what the borer does. Your best bet is probably tesseracts. 700 blocks a second is only 35 a tick is it should work provided the system on the output side can pull fast enough.
The problem is, a tesseract cannot connect directly to an ME system, and itemducts are far too slow. Keep in mind that those 700 blocks could be up to 40 different types.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Tesseracts output directly to inventories last I remember. Try putting 1 next to some ME chests.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The problem is, a tesseract cannot connect directly to an ME system, and itemducts are far too slow. Keep in mind that those 700 blocks could be up to 40 different types.
Wont a tesseract eject directly into a ME interface?

Reactions: kaovalin

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Wont a tesseract eject directly into a ME interface?
Yes, but an Interface has a very small delay before it can be imported into an ME system

I have a feeling that when talking about this volume of items it may break things?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yes, but an Interface has a very small delay before it can be imported into an ME system

I have a feeling that when talking about this volume of items it may break things?
Hmm yeah could be.

Just a input enderchest per borer and as many output enderchests with 6 import bus on each as needed would probably do. As long as the size of the enderchest is big enough to work as a buffer between cycles.

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
If this solution is already heavy on power, why not just invest in AE's own cross-dimensional link thingy, the name of which eludes me right now

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Because a maxed-out Borer produces more items per tick than even five import buses can handle, so the chest next to the Borer will overflow.
I always used ME interfaces instead of import buses. Tesseracts output directly into them. I never had issues with 8 BC quarries feeding into a single one. If it backlogs(would show in the GUI), you could put up to 6 of them on a single tesseract. I've never had an automated system need more than one.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I always used ME interfaces instead of import buses. Tesseracts output directly into them. I never had issues with 8 BC quarries feeding into a single one. If it backlogs(would show in the GUI), you could put up to 6 of them on a single tesseract. I've never had an automated system need more than one.
BC quarries are literally hundreds of times slower than a maxed-out Borer. Again, this is 700 items per second, of up to 30 different types, per Borer.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I really need to get into Rotary craft's transportation systems. Sure Steves Factory Manager is fast, but I don't like doing coding in game(even when it's visual).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I needed inter-dimensional item transport that could keep up with 27 maxed-out Borers in my survival world. Here is the prototype that I came up with. Surprisingly resource-cheap (though very expensive on power), too.

The creative strongbox represents the Borers. In reality, each borer would have its own chest, with a top output of 700 blocks per second, so you would only need one tesseract per Borer.
Going to embarrass myself with a stupid question:
Are those pipes these things? (from your item transportation vid)
upload_2014-3-26_13-18-55.png

Are they actually called "machine blowers" in RotaryCraft?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
BC quarries are literally hundreds of times slower than a maxed-out Borer. Again, this is 700 items per second, of up to 30 different types, per Borer.
My whole point is that my old setup could overflow the chest using input buses, even multiple ones. Seems like dumping into a ME interface directly from a tesseract works almost instantly. It can take items as fast as you can put them in a chest. It doesn't rely on the AE system pulling so much a tick. It is force fed by the tesseract since they auto output.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Cool setup. The only thing that could make it faster is one of the blocks from thaumic tinkerer that allows usage of extra sides to pull out of the inventory or push into it. Though I don't recall you were ever a big fan of thaumcraft.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking