Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
You can place the altars right next to each other so that they share two beacons and a row of runes, to cut down on the overall cost a bit. If you want to, you can even place the altars right next to each other so they almost completely overlap on two of their sides. As long as each altar sees runes and other blocks in the right locations, it will work just fine. Rituals work the same way.

Last edited:

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Under my witch altar I audio have some mfr spawners for some undead things like zombies and skeletons in top of graveyard soil from tinkers which allows them to stay alive longer and provide me with more lp

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Under my witch altar I audio have some mfr spawners for some undead things like zombies and skeletons in top of graveyard soil from tinkers which allows them to stay alive longer and provide me with more lp

Ooh, that's clever. Never thought to put the graveyard soil under a Well of Suffering.

Reactions: Not_Steve

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
And well of suffering is one per second off my memory? If combined with ritual of regen, do they add up?? :3

And anyone know a machine that could pull out a mob when it reaches a certain amount of life?

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone explain what that picture is? It looks repetitive and expensive ...
That's the new alchemy ritual. It pulls needed ingredients from the side chests and puts the result in the output chest. He's doing ... alot ... of automated alchemy and sharing the ritual runes on the edges

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for the guide. It's been extremely helpful for wrapping my head around the mod. Was working on a quest for our pack and was doing questlines for each magic mod. But Blood magic's been the one I haven't gotten past until now.... But today I sat down. scratched my chin after learning how to sacrifice.. and then I came up with this http://imgur.com/JTlxw8t,Pdb0osJ#0

It's a wee bit silly but chickens are rather easily made passively. Ten chickens producing eggs, a lil bit of vanilla redstone to keep it pumping out chicks. Bada boom, bada bing, a source of blood that leaves you a bit more free to wander about.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for the guide. It's been extremely helpful for wrapping my head around the mod. Was working on a quest for our pack and was doing questlines for each magic mod. But Blood magic's been the one I haven't gotten past until now.... But today I sat down. scratched my chin after learning how to sacrifice.. and then I came up with this http://imgur.com/JTlxw8t,Pdb0osJ#0

It's a wee bit silly but chickens are rather easily made passively. Ten chickens producing eggs, a lil bit of vanilla redstone to keep it pumping out chicks. Bada boom, bada bing, a source of blood that leaves you a bit more free to wander about.
That's actually a smart, low tier way of doing this. The only catch is that they're all chicks when they hatch and you can't sacrifice baby creatures for some odd reason last I checked, but this is still a good idea.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
That's actually a smart, low tier way of doing this. The only catch is that they're all chicks when they hatch and you can't sacrifice baby creatures for some odd reason last I checked, but this is still a good idea.
Eh I know but waiting an hour or two for a bunch to spawn while you take care of other buisness is really handy. With the way I started out, I was going up a wall wishing I could do anything but sit at that altar periodically holding right click.

So I thought about my favorite expendable mob.. The chicken. It's fully capable of producing mobs all on it's own. It's just a matter of time, but once you get enough in there, you can just pick them off to complete operations.

Reactions: YX33A

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
It's also fairly trivial to set up a small mob spawner above your altar in a similar kind of setup (or set your altar up underneath one from a vanilla dungeon). Hostile mobs also give about 5 times more LP than an animal.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
It's also fairly trivial to set up a small mob spawner above your altar in a similar kind of setup (or set your altar up underneath one from a vanilla dungeon). Hostile mobs also give about 5 times more LP than an animal.
Eh Chickens are still more versatile. Mob spawners are more of a luck of the draw, and require players to be within 16 ish blocks around them. A fully grown animal is about half of what normal mobs are so it may take two animals to add up, but it's easier to let them accumulate. And even then this is aimed at early game when your orbs are a bit weaker. This is a little expensive for early game, but it pays more in the sense of time and allowing you to better manage it preparing and mining for ores and whatnot whilst chickens sit and collect. It isn't aimed at blood efficiency so much as ease of access and less sitting at an altar with regen.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Eh Chickens are still more versatile. Mob spawners are more of a luck of the draw, and require players to be within 16 ish blocks around them. A fully grown animal is about half of what normal mobs are so it may take two animals to add up, but it's easier to let them accumulate. And even then this is aimed at early game when your orbs are a bit weaker. This is a little expensive for early game, but it pays more in the sense of time and allowing you to better manage it preparing and mining for ores and whatnot whilst chickens sit and collect. It isn't aimed at blood efficiency so much as ease of access and less sitting at an altar with regen.
Or a zombie villager creation system would suffice. I had one set up ages ago... wasn't perfect, as it turns out, villager zombification is only a 100% chance on hard mode.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Or a zombie villager creation system would suffice. I had one set up ages ago... wasn't perfect, as it turns out, villager zombification is only a 100% chance on hard mode.
That still takes a way of making or curing villagers. Which means potions and other crazy things. And it's also just not very reliable. I remember waiting an hour at a zombie spawner to accumulate three villager zombies to cure... Not fun...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
That still takes a way of making or curing villagers.

A simple villager breeding station could be made. Have the baby villagers drop out of the range of the "village", which then pretty much unlocks the spawn limit on them. Might get stupidly laggy, but it'll work.