Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Will Stead

Jul 29, 2019
Can you get computercraft to send a signal when an energy cells has a certain energy level untill it hits another energy level and not send the signal when its charging?

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Can you get computercraft to send a signal when an energy cells has a certain energy level untill it hits another energy level and not send the signal when its charging?
Thermal Expansion Energy Cells will output an increasing strength Redstone signal through a Comparator, which the ComputerCraft Computer can read.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion Energy Cells will output an increasing strength Redstone signal through a Comparator, which the ComputerCraft Computer can read.

They can also be wrapped as peripherals allowing you to read their energy storage accurately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
So I have quite a few (20+) 1k/4k storage cells, is there an easy way to get them to just shove as much as they can in the most space efficient way possible onto a 64k storage cell? (IE not just filling it up with say armor)

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
So I have quite a few (20+) 1k/4k storage cells, is there an easy way to get them to just shove as much as they can in the most space efficient way possible onto a 64k storage cell? (IE not just filling it up with say armor)
Preformat your 64k and use an ME I/O Port.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I entended that to be a question but forgot the '?' And I just wanted to hear a basic '1.6' or 'wait' from a couple people not a long conversation[DOUBLEPOST=1396992216][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not that one it's unstable, hince the name. I don't like restarting worlds (even though I do it every couple weeks because I realize a I don't really like a modlist or the pack is lagging my game with lag spikes) I mean just to wait

Well, it took 6 months or so to get a 1.7.x compatible version of MCP and Forge, and everything I've read about 1.8 indicates a similar delay after that version is released. At least "Unstable" is out for us to start testing and providing feedback to the mods and is indicative of the progress towards a "stable" 1.7 pack.

Judging from your reply you would probably be better off sticking with 1.6 while those of us who try new things help work the kinks out of 1.7.

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I am just gonna wait for stable builds, I just started working with minewtraker and I am trying to get a more challenging gameplay worked our through it

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get a logistics pipes network to know whats inside of a ME chest? Also how do I seperate a ME chest from the ME drives?

Melacar

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't gone that deep into Magic Bees in 1.6, but I would assume those bees only work with the TC3 nodes. All of the Thaumcraft stuff in Magic Bees seems geared towards TC3 anyway.

Not really, there is still flux, plus pure bees could help with TC4's taint, rejuvenating bees could heal nodes from pale or fading upwards up to normal, or maybe even bright, I can just see them being useful for TC4.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get a logistics pipes network to know whats inside of a ME chest? Also how do I seperate a ME chest from the ME drives?

I read that you can set up the logistics pipes to see everything in your AE network by putting some kind of pipe on the interface but if I only wanted it to pull items out of a set of ME chests, what would I do?

Edit: also what color should I use behind the golden pipes / logistics basic pipes? I want it to be extremely easy to see if items are flowing through the pipes. If you have pictures of your setups I'd love to see them.

Last edited:

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
1. In a forestry tree farm is there a way to have it plant 2 diff kind of trees and know where to put the saplings? I want to grow factory reloaded rubber trees and oak apple trees on 1 farm.

2. Is there a way to automate the harvest of pearls from oysters.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
1. In a forestry tree farm is there a way to have it plant 2 diff kind of trees and know where to put the saplings? I want to grow factory reloaded rubber trees and oak apple trees on 1 farm.

2. Is there a way to automate the harvest of pearls from oysters.
not sure about the first one but for number two im pretty sure oysters just count as an inventory so try using itemducts or the like to pull out your pearls

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
I read that you can set up the logistics pipes to see everything in your AE network by putting some kind of pipe on the interface but if I only wanted it to pull items out of a set of ME chests, what would I do?

Set up the chests on a second network with a private / public interface between the two networks. Connect the Chest network to your Primary network by placing a Storage Bus from the Primary network on an Interface of the Chest network.

KurShedir

Jul 29, 2019
On a small server, is there a way to disable wasps and/or their hives in the nether, without disabling the whole nether override option in BoP?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Do jabba barrels just not work with logistics pipes? I try to keep them stocked but the items keep popping out of the pipes. On the rare occasion it does work it doesn't update the barrel item count until I right click it.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Do jabba barrels just not work with logistics pipes? I try to keep them stocked but the items keep popping out of the pipes. On the rare occasion it does work it doesn't update the barrel item count until I right click it.
Work perfectly for me. Try putting the supplier pipe on the sides or the top.