Forestry - Farm and Combine - Auto farm

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Hiya. My forestry farm which uses a Combine and default F arm, does not work. I cannot see what is wrong with it, but i just cannot pump seeds into the farm. is this a bug, or a feature that has been removed?
2012-12-26_19.09.39.png

Thanks, L0neGamer.

SerTrollface

Jul 29, 2019
You can put the combine near the chest and it will automatically output items there. Also you need an advanced wooden pipe (made with the same recipe of the normal one, but with redstone on top) or wheat will be also extracted.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. First. Stop using conductives. You don't need them. You can make a basic power source power two Electrical Engines on their own to power electrical engines on their own.
Second, what else are you using the power on.
Third, have you checked the MJ output in the Engine's GUI?
Fourth, this setup is messy as heeeeell, I can barely tell what's going on. You could simplify this so much. Do that.
Then we'll talk more.

... Lastly, what's your power source.

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Where does the pipe for the seeds go in? It doesn't work if I put it on top or on the side!

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Ok will do.[DOUBLEPOST=1356551355][/DOUBLEPOST]Power supply-4 water mills,1 generator (for boosting) and 2 Advanced Solar Panels

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Avoid electrical engines for MJ power. They are one of the least efficient engines available since they convert from IC2 power (EU) to Buildcraft power (MJ).

Any side will accept seeds:
http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki/index.php?n=Machines.Farm

Your pipe connection over the farm should have about 50% of the seeds going into the machine.

Your setup would be easier with a diamond pipe off the combine - send wheat to the chest and 1/2 or 1/3 of the seeds back to the farm on its own pipe. Otherwise it looks like you will have a lot of wheat stuck in your overflow pipe loop.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
this may sound silly but..... what is mystcraft and how do you get portals?
You put a book into your crafting grid and get a linking book. This links that book to where you're standing upon creating that book, you can make a portal of Crystal blocks. The size and shape don't matter, so long as you slap on a book receptacle somewhere and put the linking book of where you want to go into it.

I have my linking books direct the portals to the tile of a boarding track with either a loader 2 blocks above it or a unloader rail underneath it. This will also work if you want to use a quarry in the nether/age/twilight forest.

FivEven

Jul 29, 2019
A compact build I've tried before, but only works during the day and clear skies.

Screen Shot

5 Solars to 1 BatBox, set to redstone on partial fill. Powers electrical engine with iron tube modifier. (6 EU to 2 MJ engine, tube takes 1 EU off the cost)

Iron pipe on combine to diamond pipe on farm to gold pipe to zip them to wherever. Set the diamond pipe up to split seeds by filling more slots with seeds in the color of choice, like 1 on black and 8 or 9 on blue. (from picture)

Modify as needed... (Like using CF Sprayer to make those cables paint-able blocks)

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft is not in every pack, but the principle of transporting lava from the nether to the overworld for power generation can be done using nether gates or ender chests and a device to put lava in a can/cell. Using gates you have less control over where the gates is in the overworld since you need a good lava lake to work from in the nether. You will also need some end game items to make it work well - like world anchor/chunk loaders.

If you are just getting started in a new world try to keep it simple.

Looking at your setup you are probably losing a lot of power in the long run of copper cable. You lose 1 EU/t for every 5 blocks of copper cable. Try one of the MJ engines that burns fuel -- the hobbyist steam engine is one of the most efficient or the basic steam engine is less efficient, but produces more power per tick. You have to supply water to these engines though, which is easy with an aqueous accumulator or buildcraft pump. For a simple MJ producer Peat engines are the most bang for the buck, simple to run and efficient.

A peat farm will give you more solid fuel than you know what to do with. Peat is somewhat unique in that it will burn for 5000 EU in a generator or 5000 MJ in a peat engine, so you can make one fuel source and use it equally in each power system.

Early game I would recommend peat farm and look to lava for late game mass power generation.

Reactions: L0neGamer

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Now, another dumb question.... what is peat, how do I get it, and how much space does it take up?