Forestry - Farm and Combine - Auto farm

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Can MJ be stored?
Yes, it's called a Redstone Energy Cell. You'll need to craft the empty energy cell, then fill it with a liquid transposer hooked up to a magma crucible which is melting Redstone. To craft the empty cell, you'll need one diamond, some gold and silver to turn into Electrum, some reinforced glass (so pulverized obsidian and led in your Smelter), and a couple of other things.

It can store 600,000 MJ of energy, so very comparable to an MFE.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
They are expensive, don't look only at the output.

Doesn't matter. Once you have them they last forever. Unlike your diamon armor in your example. 'Free' unlimited energy like those solars give you throw the balance off.

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
was just playing about with all the Forestry stuff and realised: i can't pipe into any of the Forestry machines...

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
was just playing about with all the Forestry stuff and realised: i can't pipe into any of the Forestry machines...
Which machines? Pretty much all of them have pipe input and output sides documented on the Forestry wiki.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
The cheapest way to automate the moistener and farm is to us stone/cobblestone pipes and a couple diamond pipes.

If you can make gates there is an easy way to make sure it never overfills, but you can just split a safe amount of wheat using diamond pipes.

Example:

Overall farm:

Power the farm+combine using an MJ producing engine of some kind.
AQFLZ.jpg

The diamond pipe over the farm place a seed in black. This will fill the farm first with any seeds and left overs will continue on. All wheat will continue on automatically.
v5dD1.png

Go a block or two and put another diamond pipe down. Connect a chest to it and pipe downward/toward a moisener (i normally bury these so they are dark).
On the chest side (yellow in this shot) put a little more wheat than in the black down slot. If you ever get your moistener overfill then adjust the number of wheat in the slots. You can get very precise with it if needed. Like 3 black and 7 yellow should should give the chest 70% and moisener 30% of the wheat.
O9N3p.png

Do the same for seeds (50/50) split shown in image above.

Down at the moistener split the seeds off to input at the top and let the wheat continue on to a side input.
GT1F0.png

On the right side of the machine attach a wooden transport pipe and a redstone engine to pull out the mycelium/mossy cobble and mulch:
AQFLZ.jpg

If you want mossy cobblestone the easiest method is to remove seeds from going down (let the extra seeds go in a chest at the top diamond pipe). Remove the lower diamond pipe and input pipe that goes to the top of the moistener, so you just have wheat going into the side. Put a thermal expansion igneous extruder on top of the moisener - set to cobblestone and output out the bottom. It will keep the moisener filler with no power requirement.

In the shot above water from an Aqueous accumulator is pumped into the back side of the moistener -- the bottom side is free as well and will accept liquid.

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
I am soooo stupid.... i set the machines to private, so nothing would be pumped out! Sorry everyone...

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
I am soooo stupid.... i set the machines to private, so nothing would be pumped out! Sorry everyone...

I think we all have our stupid moments when getting started with these mods xD I just figured out I need a pipe on the top side of a Logger to get the saplings and apples out of it, after spending several hours wondering why my trees kept dying out xD

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Don't talk about stupid. To this day I haven't found out how to change the privacy setting :) There is a tooltip that it is possible to be changed, but no hint HOW to change it.