Modded UHC tournament

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Should there be a Modded Ultra Hardcore?

• Total voters

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
In the Mindcrack Ultra Hard Core the players are given scoreboard objectives linked to their health, so damage indicators aren't that cheaty compared to the mindcrack UHC.

Yeah! minigameserver! Sounds awesome, i was thinking of that too, but than again: i am chaotic and forget stuff. But for a server which is more than an arena aesthetic-based mods, like chisel and bibliographic, is quite useful. Also doesn't bibliocraft allow you to copy enchantment books?[DOUBLEPOST=1395075649][/DOUBLEPOST]We could also add Ars Magica spells in dungeon loot, or maybe those orbs which allow you to unlock skills. And for the terrain: there should be extra structures generated, like infusion altars and AM Nexis or TC smelters...

I like all of those ideas.

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
but..... about the site: i have a better idea than specialy created minecraft websites with a sh*tload of ads... we can use a wordpress or joomla site. at the moment i prefer wordpress (i am using that for a little project (and one of my teachers pays me €100 for a simple site and i was like LOLOLOLOLOLL sure"")) since it has a load of plug-ins we can use (more than 10.000) like forums, registration stuff, and facebook (and other social media) plugins.

and i am feeling great that some idea i posted is going so great! This is a real thing (sort of) and hopefully it will become popular by the masses

Reactions: Mevansuto

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
In the Mindcrack Ultra Hard Core the players are given scoreboard objectives linked to their health, so damage indicators aren't that cheaty compared to the mindcrack UHC.

Yeah! minigameserver! Sounds awesome, i was thinking of that too, but than again: i am chaotic and forget stuff. But for a server which is more than an arena aesthetic-based mods, like chisel and bibliographic, is quite useful. Also doesn't bibliocraft allow you to copy enchantment books?[DOUBLEPOST=1395075649][/DOUBLEPOST]We could also add Ars Magica spells in dungeon loot, or maybe those orbs which allow you to unlock skills. And for the terrain: there should be extra structures generated, like infusion altars and AM Nexis or TC smelters...
Infusion altar... No, light nexus...sure...TC smeltery...maybe part of one

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
how are we going to put the teams together. Maybe let people create teams themselves and the others who are left put randomly in teams? And will be there a age limit?

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
how are we going to put the teams together. Maybe let people create teams themselves and the others who are left put randomly in teams? And will be there a age limit?

For a minigame server, putting an age limit will cut a large number of people off. For any private games I play I'd like only people I'm familiar with to play. Teams should be random on minigame servers. I think for our launch game we should put our names in a hat.

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
For a minigame server, putting an age limit will cut a large number of people off. For any private games I play I'd like only people I'm familiar with to play. Teams should be random on minigame servers. I think for our launch game we should put our names in a hat.
I think private matches would be possible for only us who are helping make the pack, and maybe we could each have like 2 friends we allow to play private with us

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I think for our launch game we should put our names in a hat.

Hat mod confirmed.

I think private matches would be possible for only us who are helping make the pack, and maybe we could each have like 2 friends we allow to play private with us

Why are we limiting private matches? What if someone wants to play with a friend, or group of friends?

Then again, if you knew another competitor in the game, that would encourage teaming. Maybe it's better if public matches are only random.

Have I just answered my own question? I think I have.

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
Hat mod confirmed.

Why are we limiting private matches? What if someone wants to play with a friend, or group of friends?

Then again, if you knew another competitor in the game, that would encourage teaming. Maybe it's better if public matches are only random.

Have I just answered my own question? I think I have.
Haha, yeah, and think about it... If someone random wanted a private match with their friends, that would be taking up server space in which we could have 15 people playing instead of the 8 that the person chose. It would be limiting out space for public matches so I think private matches should be special.

Reactions: Pancakes6613

Pancakes6613

Jul 29, 2019
Well I've missed a lot it seems xD and I just went back and read it all from where I last posted. I agree with almost everything thought there are some things

A mini game server is a great idea. I think the launch game should be private, then opened up afterwords if it works out.

As for the world getting smaller/decaying of the edges, I know that the mineplex minigame server uses a plugin in their survival games that has the edges of the world freeze up in this thing call the deep freeze and that it kills you if you get too close. Maybe we could find a Similar plugin, but it would be hard to find and might not work with mods

I think the Archimedes's ship mod could be useful, but it would have to be configured to not go into terrain and to be solid while moving, but that's probably not possible, plus I don't think you can get the blocks in survival

What if we had it so that at spawn their would be mystcraft books to the nether and the end to make it easier to get to, but also risky because people can get at you while you are in the open going to spawn and they can wait for you to come out. This would also give hardcore ender expansion a purpose

Outside of mindcrack, I can think of aYouTuber who might be willing to do this event. Anyone know of Noahcraftftw? He does lots of UHC and also does a lot of modded survival[DOUBLEPOST=1395283552][/DOUBLEPOST]P.s
Sorry for all the words xD

Pancakes6613

Jul 29, 2019
Also we should figure out a date and time for the launch game. Of course this depends on When the pack gets approved when it is submitted

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
the age limit i meant was for the opening-tournament, not for the minigameserver
Haha, yeah, and think about it... If someone random wanted a private match with their friends, that would be taking up server space in which we could have 15 people playing instead of the 8 that the person chose. It would be limiting out space for public matches so I think private matches should be special.
But no big tournament for everyone at the launch of the server, and then, say, once every 2 months or something?

also coming to think about it : with archimedes's schips one can make creative mingames... like a race game/build game: you got something like 50 points and with that you build a ship: some blocks boost, some make your ship easier to turn, some are weapons or something and they cost points, lighter material is more expansive (like 5 points), and after building you race with your ship to the finish and on the way to the finish there are obstacles (like mountains and towers) and the first to at finish wins, and after winning a lot one can go a level up and have bigger ships and play against people who are also experienced with the game Just an idea i thought off (and based it on a Lego car race game i once played)

Also when it becomes a mini game server the name MUHC will not quite work.... MMGS (modded mini games server) maybe???

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
K

thats what I thought too, but any way, turns out you can craft the Archimedes 's ships mod parts in survival http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-archimedes-ships-v15-advanced-ship-creation/

Um, I'm surprised shocked you didn't already know that.

the age limit i meant was for the opening-tournament, not for the minigameserver

But no big tournament for everyone at the launch of the server, and then, say, once every 2 months or something?

also coming to think about it : with archimedes's schips one can make creative mingames... like a race game/build game: you got something like 50 points and with that you build a ship: some blocks boost, some make your ship easier to turn, some are weapons or something and they cost points, lighter material is more expansive (like 5 points), and after building you race with your ship to the finish and on the way to the finish there are obstacles (like mountains and towers) and the first to at finish wins, and after winning a lot one can go a level up and have bigger ships and play against people who are also experienced with the game Just an idea i thought off (and based it on a Lego car race game i once played)

Also when it becomes a mini game server the name MUHC will not quite work.... MMGS (modded mini games server) maybe???

What I said earlier, was only about the name change, I actually quite like the Archimedes' Ships minigame.

Reactions: Pancakes6613

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
When you make the server open for public you may need some mini-games if the start number of players is high because no one likes to wait.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
When you make the server open for public you may need some mini-games if the start number of players is high because no one likes to wait.

So they wait for other minigames? All we can offer them is things like Parkour.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I indeed meant games that would be for 1 or so players like parkour. But also other stuff like target practice and other stuff to practice for the events without taking away the fun from the events.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
As for the world getting smaller/decaying of the edges, I know that the mineplex minigame server uses a plugin in their survival games that has the edges of the world freeze up in this thing call the deep freeze and that it kills you if you get too close. Maybe we could find a Similar plugin, but it would be hard to find and might not work with mods

PlayMindcrack uses something similar in their survival games. Nausea occurs if you get outside the shrinking border, and eventually death comes. We run into the same problem of the possible incompatibility with mods, though.

I indeed meant games that would be for 1 or so players like parkour. But also other stuff like target practice and other stuff to practice for the events without taking away the fun from the events.

If you really think target practice has potential for a waiting game, OpenBlocks adds a target block. Mobs on conveyor belts would work just as well, though.

So they wait for other minigames? All we can offer them is things like Parkour.

But how many kinds of awesome Parkour could you think of in a modded environment?

Arcane Levitators? Jaded Ladders? Mystcraft's momentum-saving portals?

It could be the longest BEST Parkour course the world has ever seen.

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
PlayMindcrack uses something similar in their survival games. Nausea occurs if you get outside the shrinking border, and eventually death comes. We run into the same problem of the possible incompatibility with mods, though.

If you really think target practice has potential for a waiting game, OpenBlocks adds a target block. Mobs on conveyor belts would work just as well, though.

But how many kinds of awesome Parkour could you think of in a modded environment?

Arcane Levitators? Jaded Ladders? Mystcraft's momentum-saving portals?

It could be the longest BEST Parkour course the world has ever seen.
\
-true, and we can't do anything with force field, because they lag the hell out of the server
-many waiting games can be created, but a shooting game with mobs on conveyor belts sounds awesome
-i am at the moment building a (direwolf20) parkour map with mods: my conclusion so far: SOOO MAAANNNYY OPTIOOONS. I made one earlier, but i made a HUGE mistake with arcane blocks which made the entire map impossible., except if your game name was Eadorimthtyrth...