[Solved!] NEI crashing with the U Key

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Any insight appreciated. While not game breaking, it's annoying as I sometimes forget and use it.

Running the DW20 1.0.18 pack with a couple extra mods:
  • Galacticraft
  • Archimedes Ships
  • ArmorStatusHUD
  • RotaryCraft
  • JABBA
  • NotEnoughKeys
Every time I hit the U key in NEI to see the uses for an item, client crashes out with the following:

http://pastebin.com/PfU8vK1D

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Checked ChickenBones' thread, and this pack seems to be running the latest version.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Still crashes.

Gonna try a "virgin" installation of DW20, and start reintroducing addons one by one till I get it to crash with U.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Geez! Now that's what I call service!

Well what I can say it, I installed the DW20 pack 1.0.18 afresh, and worked fine. Pressing U in NEI does what it's supposed to.

After I installed RC and DragonAPI, pressing U crashes me out.

Could probably be an NEI related issue, but knowing you monitor the forum more closely, I decided to blame you first <3

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
2fast2quick
Or just lucky.

Geez! Now that's what I call service!
Well what I can say it, I installed the DW20 pack 1.0.18 afresh, and worked fine. Pressing U in NEI does what it's supposed to.
After I installed RC and DragonAPI, pressing U crashes me out.
Try building it in reverse, starting with just RC and DragonAPI. At least that will narrow the mod interaction.

Could probably be an NEI related issue, but knowing you monitor the forum more closely, I decided to blame you first <3
RAWR

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Hmmmm you're right ... disabled everything except chicken-core thingy, NEI, Rotarycraft and DragonAPI, and U works just fine.

Must be some weird mod interaction then - which is gonna be a biatch to find....

... especially since the new version of the launcher is taking an absolute eternity to load. Am I alone getting this?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hmmmm you're right ... disabled everything except chicken-core thingy, NEI, Rotarycraft and DragonAPI, and U works just fine.

Must be some weird mod interaction then - which is gonna be a biatch to find....

... especially since the new version of the launcher is taking an absolute eternity to load. Am I alone getting this?
Add mods one by one. Not only should small packs be fast to load, but you will know what mod the erroring item comes from.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I would suspect galacticraft...
It isn't.

As I said, installed a fresh DW20 pack, with just rotarycraft and dragonAPI added - and still crashes.

I've now disabled literally everything, and adding mods one by one until I find the one that crashes it.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Galacticraft isn't installed anywhere in this test and it's a new world. Still crashes!

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
You know what ... f*ck it I don't care. I'll live with not every using the U function.

Enabling addons one by one is destroying my will to live and I'll soon hang myself in the mouse wire.