Monster 1.1.0 and Horizons 2.1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That's always the story with Norton... Except in the old days their "target" app to break was Windows itself.

I refuse to use a product that arbitrarily decides that it absolutely HAS to run a check during an important CPU/disk intensive operation even though it completed one just 30 minutes before (True Story!)
Yeah Norton might come in as "best in test" most of the time, but there is a heavy price to pay(in addition to the yearly cost!). I it is SO resource heavy to run. I am not buying a new high end PC just to waste it on running Norton(not even talking about trying to run it on a few year old system).

I much rather stick to the "next best thing" that only spend a tenth resources(and many of the solutions are actually free as well).

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah Norton might come in as "best in test" most of the time, but there is a heavy price to pay(in addition to the yearly cost!). I it is SO resource heavy to run. I am not buying a new high end PC just to waste it on running Norton(not even talking about trying to run it on a few year old system).

I much rather stick to the "next best thing" that only spend a tenth resources(and many of the solutions are actually free as well).
Absolutely.

AVG or Avast work fine, are free, and use far less resources than Norton.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
@Eyamaz was there any further considderation on adding Carpenter's Blocks to Monster? Remember you mentioned some time ago that there were issues experienced from Horizon(I think?) that had to be sorted out first, but is it still in the mix that it will be added?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Absolutely.

AVG or Avast work fine, are free, and use far less resources than Norton.

I've used what is now called "Windows Defender" since I was a beta tester on it's first version about 10 years ago. I haven't found a more lightweight (in terms of system load) AV program that scans everything in real time.

Granted, I've had to use Malwarebytes a couple of times to clean those "YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED!!!" popup web scams but those are the only weaknesses I've seen and the last was a few years ago.

Also, Windows Defender is included in Win 8, the definition files are updated nearly daily, and include scanning incoming Outlook e-mail and blocking for known malicious web URLs in IE.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Reactions: Eyamaz

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
In regards to the CPU/RAM issues, last night our server actually capped out (100% cpu and 15GB Ram) from update 1.1.0, we have been running Monster since 0.1 and haven't seen this before, in fact since we started hosting FTB servers (from Mindcrack era) we've never seen our server cap out like that. Absolutely no idea what caused it but a restart fixed the issue, that being said its still gaining RAM usage overtime, were up to 8GB currently from around 2GB startup after 22 hours uptime.

We have very light java arguments (only Permgen) as our hardware is pretty high end.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
In regards to the CPU/RAM issues, last night our server actually capped out (100% cpu and 15GB Ram) from update 1.1.0, we have been running Monster since 0.1 and haven't seen this before, in fact since we started hosting FTB servers (from Mindcrack era) we've never seen our server cap out like that. Absolutely no idea what caused it but a restart fixed the issue, that being said its still gaining RAM usage overtime, were up to 8GB currently from around 2GB startup after 22 hours uptime.

We have very light java arguments (only Permgen) as our hardware is pretty high end.
You can never have too many Java arguments
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019

We had this as well as extremely low tps. Turned out it was caused by a gas explosion. A restart fixed it.

moot187

Jul 29, 2019
I happened to notice that the capacitors for the modular power suits are missing. I'm not sure but i think all the component parts for the modular power suits are missing. From the NEI all I could find were the pieces of armor themselves and the armor bench.

moot187

Jul 29, 2019
Just re downloaded the pack and the missing items for modular power suits were back. I hope this solves some other weirdness I have experienced.

TheSgtPunishment

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for that, that's what I've actually done now (But not those steps, but thanks for the tip!)

I'm now running a combined Unleashed (Updated to 1.6.4) and Monster pack, that's over 200 mods! I'm actually thinking of adding / tweaking a couple and possibly looking into releasing it.

FuzzyPurp

Jul 29, 2019
NEI also isn't working. I cant seem to cheat any items in and many of the old buttons are missing.

Just read this on feed the beast forum , under bug reports section, it's about FTB monster pack:
Whats the bug?: NEI wont change from cheat mode to utility mode to recipe mode. it stays as the mode it was when the world is created. eg create a creative world and it will be stuck on cheat mode.
I encountered this issue as well; fortunately the fix is relatively simple.
1. Click Options in the bottom left corner and then click on inventory.
2. Click on "World" in the top right and you should get several "W" icons next to each setting.
3. You should see that the "W" for the mode setting is selected, left-click on it to un-select it.
4. You should now be able to change mode

SOURCE: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2468026-locked-in-recipe-mode-in-nei/

DaddyRoxx

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone successfully added Galacticraft to Monster yet? I'd like to get the skinny if possible . .

tucker19

Jul 29, 2019
When do we think we will get a updated version of Rotarycraft to 18d? Half the machines will not work now with 18b and they are suppose to be solved in 18d.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
When do we think we will get a updated version of Rotarycraft to 18d? Half the machines will not work now with 18b and they are suppose to be solved in 18d.

Probably after it's been tested for a few weeks and configurations are tweaked and tested.

FtB doesn't just throw updates into packs expecting no problems to arise.

Fwb2700

Jul 29, 2019
Firstly I would like to apologise of this is in the wrong place but wasn't sure where else to post and I am sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong.

Regarding the highlands mod is anyone else having sides with the wooden planks?

Can craft the planks but when trying to craft slabs or stairs always end up with oak ones. Example is whitewood.

Lots of people on our server are asking and I am unsure if it's a config issue modpack issue or a issue with the mod itself.

Cheers and thanks in advance
Fwb

Status
Not open for further replies.