Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LORD_MJ

Jul 29, 2019
Does taint spread in Magic Farm 2? I know it's disabled in the config file, and I did recreate the same world and noticed that the taint biome hasn't gotten any bigger, but I'm worried because there were some purple looking wines growing inside the biome and I saw some green grass turn purple inside as well, but I didn't see it spread to other blocks.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Does taint spread in Magic Farm 2? I know it's disabled in the config file, and I did recreate the same world and noticed that the taint biome hasn't gotten any bigger, but I'm worried because there were some purple looking wines growing inside the biome and I saw some green grass turn purple inside as well, but I didn't see it spread to other blocks.
When the spread is disabled in the config, taint will still spread, but only enough to fill any chunk that already has some in it

Reactions: LORD_MJ

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Quick comparison needed, which is more efficient: Oil -> Refinery -> Fuel -> Compression Dynamo, or Oil -> Refinery -> Fuel -> Max-Sized RC Boiler -> Steam Dynamo?

Westingham

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to send wheat and only wheat from my AE network to an MFR Breeder via a Tesseract without clogging an itemduct? I've tried ME Export Buses, ME Interfaces, chests, itemducts... the list goes on and on.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to send wheat and only wheat from my AE network to an MFR Breeder via a Tesseract without clogging an itemduct? I've tried ME Export Buses, ME Interfaces, chests, itemducts... the list goes on and on.
Put an Export Bus on a Tesseract, set to export wheat. Put another Tesseract directly on the Breeder. It will receive the wheat and fill the inventory of the Breeder, but not overflow.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Quick comparison needed, which is more efficient: Oil -> Refinery -> Fuel -> Compression Dynamo, or Oil -> Refinery -> Fuel -> Max-Sized RC Boiler -> Steam Dynamo?
Neither, since you should be sending the oil to a Emmasher's Refinery socket to make fuel, costing half the energy normally needed, but it can only work on single liquid items.

Besides, the RC Boiler would depend on tons of other factors(well, how hot the boiler is currently for one, and, uh, I guess that's it?).
Sidenote: I hate RC Boilers now, Firestones were too little too late.

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to learn some LUA with ComputerCraft but having trouble with a couple of methods that return tables.

It just returns something like "table: d12f56b43" and I can't for the life of me work out what to actually do with that information even after reading every table tutorial I can find, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong/stupidly?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to learn some LUA with ComputerCraft but having trouble with a couple of methods that return tables.

It just returns something like "table: d12f56b43" and I can't for the life of me work out what to actually do with that information even after reading every table tutorial I can find, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong/stupidly?
You need to call the contents of the table in pairs. i.e.
Code:
for key,value in pairs(t) do
print(key,value)
end
where t is the name of your table. Obviously, if you want to pass on the info to some other function you could use something other than print().

I ripped my example straight from here if you'd like more info.

Reactions: tsjb

No one

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Is there any way to transfer the nether dimension save data from 1 save to a different one? Because my combustion engine in my house in the overworld blew up,and I want to use a backup save but I want to keep all the work I had done in the nether since my backup save doesn't have some stuff from my current nether world.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how much power an auto spawner can use? I am trying to power it with two reactant dynamos and its still not fast enough to produce a surplus of energy.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Is there any way to transfer the nether dimension save data from 1 save to a different one? Because my combustion engine in my house in the overworld blew up,and I want to use a backup save but I want to keep all the work I had done in the nether since my backup save doesn't have some stuff from my current nether world.
The Nether is stored in it's own special folder. In your save folder, it's located in DIM-1. So just use the contents of that folder to move just the Nether from one save to another.

If you were wondering, DIM1 is the End, DIM7 is Twilight Forest (unless you changed it) and I think that Mystcraft ages start at DIM30, but I'm not positive on that one.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You could copy the region files, look for a folder called "region" I think. In fact you might as well copy the overworld region files rather than restoring the entire backup. You'll get inventory duplication though, if you took items from your overworld base to the Nether then they will exist in both.

Hellspawned

Jul 29, 2019
Question: I've been fiddling around with the Hatpack, which among other mods contains TE3, and I'm quite looking forward to start using the new, more unified systems. I've gotten as far as creating the filled tesseract frame, but I can't for the life of me find how to make a finished Tesseract from it. NEI shows the finished Tesseract actually exist, but the filled frame only shows up as a part of the Deep Storage Unit block, NEI doesn't have any recipe under the finished Tesseract and none of the wikis I've looked at have the recipe for finalizing the it.

So, the short of it: What's the recipe for turning Tesseract Frame (full) into a working Tesseract in TE3?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Question: I've been fiddling around with the Hatpack, which among other mods contains TE3, and I'm quite looking forward to start using the new, more unified systems. I've gotten as far as creating the filled tesseract frame, but I can't for the life of me find how to make a finished Tesseract from it. NEI shows the finished Tesseract actually exist, but the filled frame only shows up as a part of the Deep Storage Unit block, NEI doesn't have any recipe under the finished Tesseract and none of the wikis I've looked at have the recipe for finalizing the it.

So, the short of it: What's the recipe for turning Tesseract Frame (full) into a working Tesseract in TE3?
I believe bronze in the corners, tesseract in the middle, and either electrum, tin, or copper in the remaining empty spots.