Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
You can automate with an ME network. Barrel with BC gate set to pulse ONCE when there is room in inventory (the altar). It pulses once, moves stone to altar. Set precise import bus to remove slate when it reaches the desired level. Slate gets removed, gate sees change in the inventory, checks spaces, pulses once, starts process again. Standard mob farm with well of suffering to power the automation.
An easier way would be using translocators. A diamond shard on the input to make sure it only has one of an item at a time, a filter on the output so it doesn't pull anything but what you want out.
An even cheaper way would be using a TC golem (especially now that you can get their research within a few minutes of starting TC). Straw golems can only carry one item at a time, so they're perfect for the input, and you can use anything capable of using filters for the output (such as more golems or itemducts).

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
An easier way would be using translocators. A diamond shard on the input to make sure it only has one of an item at a time, a filter on the output so it doesn't pull anything but what you want out.
An even cheaper way would be using a TC golem (especially now that you can get their research within a few minutes of starting TC). Straw golems can only carry one item at a time, so they're perfect for the input, and you can use anything capable of using filters for the output (such as more golems or itemducts).

Depends on your definition of "easier". I abhor Thaumcraft, not knocking those that love it; it's simply not for me. My way is a very simple method that works 100% of the time, and since most folks have an AE network, it works into a large majority of people's plans.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Since this guide hasn't gotten an update in quite some time, I figured I'd update everyone so it doesn't seem like I gave up on this. I've been asked to add this to the wiki, as well as maintain the Blood Magic page over there. As a result, I've been spending a large amount of my free time getting it added to the wiki. Once I have that to a level that I'm happy with, I'll be going back to the PDF to get that finished up and posted here. So for anyone that's been waiting for an update or for that PDF, I apologize for the delay, but I will come back to this eventually.

Tangpau

Jul 29, 2019
I have just updated the main post, (HUGE thanks to @SawBlade for the information and testing on summoning!) and have gone through and completed a minor reformat on it. With this update, I am declaring the guide located here complete due to me running out of possible posting space, and only having a few things left. I will be updating this offline for some time, and when I feel like I have it setup properly I will release it as a PDF with a download link in at the start of my post. I'd like to thank everyone (especially WayofTime for creating this amazing mod!) who's stopped by since I first published this guide. Again, please post if I've made a mistake; I'd like to have this as correct as possible for everyone to use.

Would love, LOVE a PDF of this guide. Looking forward to having a copy in PDF. I will keep checking back here. Thanks again for the great guide.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Would love, LOVE a PDF of this guide. Looking forward to having a copy in PDF. I will keep checking back here. Thanks again for the great guide.

Yeah, sorry about the delay on this. I didn't want to have it take this long, but things kept popping up. I'll post again when I've got it up for DL in the future though. Glad you like the guide though. :)

Reactions: Tangpau

Lithosphere

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to fill up a reservoir of life essence, but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to input it into another altar or really do anything with it at this point. Any Ideas?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I managed to fill up a reservoir of life essence, but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to input it into another altar or really do anything with it at this point. Any Ideas?

Try piping it into the bottom of the altar. Sometimes it works, other times it derps. Keep trying, it'll eventually work. If not, post a pic of the setup and I'll try to figure it out.

Reactions: Lithosphere

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Does anybody know of a replacement for the lava crystal? (to me using blood for magic is offensive)

Erm, coal, powered furnace perhaps? There's not really anything like the Lava Crystal TBH. I guess a battery can kinda be like one, but not really like it at the same time.

Reactions: Succubism