Would you build this?

Would you build this?

• Total voters

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Exact location matters. So if you are entering the west side of a portal block at 37, 64, 96 (receiving from a shaft at 36, 64, 96), you would exit from the east side of a portal block at 37, 64, 96 (delivering to a shaft at 38, 64, 96).
Does that mean that inter-dimensional Mystcraft power transport doesn't actually respect where the linking book links, but only the dimension? E.g., (100,100,100) in Dim-37 can only link to (100,100,100) in some other dimension, and not from (100,100,100) Dim-37 to (2000,100,100) in Dim-0, even if the book links to there? Also, the overworld and the Nether's x and z coordinates are scaled at an 8:1 ratio, so (800,64,800) in Dim-1 would normally link to a portal at about (100,64,100) in Dim-0; does interdimensional shaft power transport violate this rule?

On an only moderately related note, exactly how the hell do shaft power busses work? I tried setting a small system up to conveniently distribute power to 16 bedrock breakers today, but to my dismay I couldn't get any of the busses to actually output power. I set up the controller, fed it a few buckets of lubricant, attached a bus, put a steel shaft item in the red slot, attached a bedrock shaft to the red face, and fed power to the appropriate face on the controller, but I never managed to get any output back out of the bus. The angular transducer confirmed that it was lubricated, receiving power and splitting power between the correct number of destinations, and on the machine end that it was receiving power from the industrial coil powering it at so-and-so coordinates, however that power happened to be 0 W @ 0 rad/s.

Eventually I broke down and set up a sprawling thing with a about 15 junctions and a couple dozen bevel gears to accomplish the same thing, but I'd like to know where I went wrong, or if I was actually just trying to use an incomplete or broken feature.

EDIT: Oh, I should note that this was on RoC v17b.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Well that's what she... wait this is a family forum.
In the same functional sense, if you had multiple shafts entering the same spot (mystcraft portals) and direction applying power, would it pull the combined power out on the companion side?
See my answer below.

Does that mean that inter-dimensional Mystcraft power transport doesn't actually respect where the linking book links, but only the dimension? E.g., (100,100,100) in Dim-37 can only link to (100,100,100) in some other dimension, and not from (100,100,100) Dim-37 to (2000,100,100) in Dim-0, even if the book links to there? Also, the overworld and the Nether's x and z coordinates are scaled at an 8:1 ratio, so (800,64,800) in Dim-1 would normally link to a portal at about (100,64,100) in Dim-0; does interdimensional shaft power transport violate this rule?
All of it, yes.

On an only moderately related note, exactly how the hell do shaft power busses work? I tried setting a small system up to conveniently distribute power to 16 bedrock breakers today, but to my dismay I couldn't get any of the busses to actually output power. I set up the controller, fed it a few buckets of lubricant, attached a bus, put a steel shaft item in the red slot, attached a bedrock shaft to the red face, and fed power to the appropriate face on the controller, but I never managed to get any output back out of the bus. The angular transducer confirmed that it was lubricated, receiving power and splitting power between the correct number of destinations, and on the machine end that it was receiving power from the industrial coil powering it at so-and-so coordinates, however that power happened to be 0 W @ 0 rad/s.
Did you place the controller first?

EDIT: Oh, I should note that this was on RoC v17b.
This is a v18 feature.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
See my answer below.

All of it, yes.

Did you place the controller first?

I had a similar issue. I did place the controller first. I could not get them to output to shafts, only a machine or dynamometer. I had this issue when testing my build. I wanted a dynamometer on each bus so I could figure out the power I needed to input. So I tried to offset them with shafts so I could see the screens. For some reason, they won't transfer power to shafts.
Here's a screenshot of test setup. You can see the Dynamometer connected directly has power and the one with the shaft doesn't. Both buses are setup identically with a steel shaft in them. Even though the 2nd one isn't spinning, the 1st is only get half the power. If I remove the shaft from the 2nd connection, I get the total power in the first one.
vzl10vo.png

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I had a similar issue. I did place the controller first. I could not get them to output to shafts, only a machine or dynamometer. I had this issue when testing my build. I wanted a dynamometer on each bus so I could figure out the power I needed to input. So I tried to offset them with shafts so I could see the screens. For some reason, they won't transfer power to shafts.
Here's a screenshot of test setup. You can see the Dynamometer connected directly has power and the one with the shaft doesn't. Both buses are setup identically with a steel shaft in them. Even though the 2nd one isn't spinning, the 1st is only get half the power. If I remove the shaft from the 2nd connection, I get the total power in the first one.
Yes, this is a bug in v17.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
This is a v18 feature.
I was referring specifically to the shaft power controller thing with that bit.

I had a similar issue. I did place the controller first. I could not get them to output to shafts, only a machine or dynamometer.
Oh, that's weird.

On a related note, it's worth mentioning that bad things happen if you place a shaft power bus on top of a bedrock breaker pointed downwards.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
One of the following into the console about once per tick, complete with chat spam:
2014-03-04 22:35:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at Reika.RotaryCraft.Auxiliary.PowerSourceList.getAllFrom(PowerSourceList.java:64)
2014-03-04 22:35:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at Reika.RotaryCraft.Base.TileEntity.TileEntityPowerReceiver.getPowerSources(TileEntityPowerReceiver.java:628)
2014-03-04 22:35:45 [INFO] [STDERR] at Reika.RotaryCraft.TileEntities.Transmission.TileEntityPowerBus.getPowerSources(TileEntityPowerBus.java:317)
or
2014-03-04 15:14:31 [INFO] [STDOUT] Tile Entity Bedrock Breaker @ -461, 4, 1650 is throwing class java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException on update: -2
2014-03-04 15:14:31 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -2
2014-03-04 15:14:31 [INFO] [STDERR] at Reika.RotaryCraft.TileEntities.Transmission.TileEntityPowerBus.getAbsRatio(TileEntityPowerBus.java:93)
2014-03-04 15:14:31 [INFO] [STDERR] at Reika.RotaryCraft.TileEntities.Transmission.TileEntityPowerBus.getTorqueToSide(TileEntityPowerBus.java:157)
2014-03-04 15:14:31 [INFO] [STDERR] at Reika.RotaryCraft.Base.TileEntity.TileEntityPowerReceiver.getPower(TileEntityPowerReceiver.java:210)
2014-03-04 15:14:31 [INFO] [STDERR] at Reika.RotaryCraft.TileEntities.Production.TileEntityBedrockBreaker.readPower(TileEntityBedrockBreaker.java:74)
2014-03-04 15:14:31 [INFO] [STDERR] at Reika.RotaryCraft.TileEntities.Production.TileEntityBedrockBreaker.updateEntity(TileEntityBedrockBreaker.java:48)
2014-03-04 15:14:31 [INFO] [STDERR] at Reika.DragonAPI.Base.TileEntityBase.func_70316_g(TileEntityBase.java:178)
2014-03-04 15:14:31 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2209)
2014-03-04 15:14:31 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:550)
2014-03-04 15:14:31 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:668)
2014-03-04 15:14:31 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:276)
2014-03-04 15:14:31 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
2014-03-04 15:14:31 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
2014-03-04 15:14:31 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
I've had both happen from doing the same thing, but not both at once.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Hey just a heads up; hushers only scoop up one color of flourite when it breaks a block (monster 1.0.13)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
What the heck is a husher? Also, one color per ore block is the default behavior, unless everything is dropping blue fluorite. If that is happening, these hushers are ignoring metadata.
Hey just a heads up; hushers only scoop up one color of flourite when it breaks a block (monster 1.0.13)

A husher is a autominer from Engineer's Toolbox and all the FTB packs are using Rainbow Fluorite.

Oh @Emasher

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Hushers are Engineer's Toolboxes quarries. One color per block? When I break them I get multiple colors.. I thought that was your fix for everyone complaining about the worldgen? I just wanted to mention it since it's a quarryish machine so if regular quarries are doing it too people are bound to start griping since everyone wants to make a Tokamak now and will be looking for fluorite.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hushers are Engineer's Toolboxes quarries. One color per block? When I break them I get multiple colors..
Then why did you say you only got one?

I thought that was your fix for everyone complaining about the worldgen?
That option was, yes.

I just wanted to mention it since it's a quarryish machine so if regular quarries are doing it too people are bound to start griping since everyone wants to make a Tokamak now and will be looking for fluorite.
You do not need fluorite (directly) to make a tokamak; you need magnetite. That said, you are correct; there are already dozens of people b**ching about how you now need lots of magnetite and "I threw mine all away cuz I thought it had no use". If I respond at all to such complaints, it is to mock them.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
You do not need fluorite (directly) to make a tokamak; you need magnetite. That said, you are correct; there are already dozens of people b**ching about how you now need lots of magnetite and "I threw mine all away cuz I thought it had no use". If I respond at all to such complaints, it is to mock them.
I am glad that I am such a hoarder.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Then why did you say you only got one?

I get them all manually mining, the autominer only pulls one.

Lel @ the magnetite. Seems legit "this guy coded up this stuff just to fill my world obvs, voidvoidvoid"

And aye, was thinking of the fission / breeder reactors, you take my point though.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I get them all manually mining, the autominer only pulls one.

Lel @ the magnetite. Seems legit "this guy coded up this stuff just to fill my world obvs, voidvoidvoid"

And aye, was thinking of the fission / breeder reactors, you take my point though.
I must admit I take a sort of glee in seeing their horror when they realize they now need 10K magnetite, and they trashed all of it.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019

I had a feelin I was gonna like you, lol.