Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as with any world-editing suggestion, first back up your world. Then if you go into the appropriate region folder, you should be able to delete the appropriate chunks, which should cause them to regenerate next time someone loads them.

Reactions: Museli

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to re-generate chunks from seed? Had a landmark mountain get destroyed on our server and was hoping for a way to restore it. I suspect MCEdit might have some way to do this, but I know very little of the program, and I'm not sure how well it works with modpacks (like re-generating buildcraft oilspouts or Project Red volcanoes). Any advice?
I'm not certain if it will regenerate the same way, but you can just delete the chunk from your world save and it'll regenerate.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not certain if it will regenerate the same way, but you can just delete the chunk from your world save and it'll regenerate.

Okay, that's very useful! now how do I determine which chunk files need deleting?

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
You're welcome. You get used to doing this stuff when you run a server for the kind of friends I have =P
Okay, so... I assume overworld is DIM1 in the world directory world has its own region directory, that makes more sense. They're still kinda huge though. Is there a way to work on a scale of less than 32x32 chunks?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so... I assume overworld is DIM1 in the world directory world has its own region directory, that makes more sense. They're still kinda huge though. Is there a way to work on a scale of less than 32x32 chunks?
I do believe mcedit can delete individual chunks, but be very careful with it; it can sometimes cause more harm than good. Do all of your work on a backup copy.

That being said, I'm pretty sure all you have to do there is highlight the area and hit "delete chunk" - but I don't work with mcedit unless I have to.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I think you'll need the whole world. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it basically loads the world like MC does.

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so, for future reference (if this turns up in forum search or something), MCEdit is the way to do this. Dead easy. Just download the region directory and level.dat, and toss them in a local directory (and make a backup, because ALWAYS MAKE BACKUPS) then open MCEdit, select "open level". The bottom toolbar should have a "chunk tool"; select it. Noclip-fly (just WASD and facing, you fly right through everything) to the chunks you want to re-generate, click-drag across them (the interface makes chunk selecting easy. Just hit "deselect chunks" if you make a mistake) then hit "delete". You get a warning, and then that's it! No issues with modded worldgen. It regenerated an oilspout in the area just fine.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so, for future reference (if this turns up in forum search or something), MCEdit is the way to do this. Dead easy. Just download the region directory and level.dat, and toss them in a local directory (and make a backup, because ALWAYS MAKE BACKUPS) then open MCEdit, select "open level". The bottom toolbar should have a "chunk tool"; select it. Noclip-fly to the chunks you want to re-generate, click-drag across them (the interface makes chunk selecting easy. Just hit "deselect chunks" if you make a mistake) then hit "delete". You get a warning, and then that's it! No issues with mods. It regenerated an oilspout in the area just fine.
I'll add this to my list of useful information, thanks for reporting back :)

I'm glad you got it sorted.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Uber quick

I want a lead block, yet when I lay out the lead ingots, I get the IC2 version:

http://i.imgur.com/YmHiv1U.png

But I would like the Factorization version:

http://i.imgur.com/YI7jsZ3.png

Is there a way to get this? I already have 9 stacks of the Thermal Expansion ingots, so using them would be the best! Thanks in advance...
Which pack are you playing? Some mods can handle this but need to know what you're working with ;)

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
If you have JABBA, cheat in one FZ lead block (throw away 9 ingots in exchange), but it in a JABBA barrel, then sneak-right click it to lock it. Now, whenever you put any other types of lead blocks in there, it will be converted into the FZ lead block.

thejackamo

Jul 29, 2019
Which pack are you playing? Some mods can handle this but need to know what you're working with ;)

Woops, edited it in, it's Monster 1.0.9

@Tristam: We have JABBA, I'll see if I can convince the server owner to allow me one haha

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019

@Tristam: We have JABBA, I'll see if I can convince the server owner to allow me one haha
Another non-cheaty alternative is to cast a lead block using the TiC smeltery and a basin, if you can tolerate the TiC lead block.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019

You could use the MFR unifier, but again, you need a block to start with. In this case, I recommend the Mariculture auto-dictionary.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Besides Tesseracts (ThermalExpansion), Ender Tanks/Chests, and Magic Mirrors (Thaumcraft), is there anything else that can teleport items/liquid/energy?