Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
So asked twice, and no reply. Really no one here knows where the jar file for minecraft is in the DW20 modpack? It HAS to be somewhere!

Bah.. fine... does anyone know what mod has the UI for the armor window?
hmjc.png

I'm trying to find it so I can add support for it in my texture pack.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
So asked twice, and no reply. Really no one here knows where the jar file for minecraft is in the DW20 modpack? It HAS to be somewhere!

hmjc.png

TConstruct

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019

hmjc.png

No clue on where it's located, but then again, I haven't really looked.

That's TiC adding that inventory screen. Really the only things that exist for those slots are the knapsack and miniature heart containers. The other 5 slots have nothing associated with them.

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
I'll ask again, does anyone know where the .jar is for minecraft in the DW20 modpack? I want to see if I can run it through MCPATCHER to get the connective textures and better skies, randommobs and so on for my lets play.

Im not sure but try this folder \AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\versions

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure but try this folder \AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\versions

Thats for default minecraft, all that has is three folders for me, for 1.6.4, 1.7.4, and the last snapshot.
Come on SOMEONE around here has to know where the FTB launcher is hiding the jar for minecraft!

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Thats for default minecraft, all that has is three folders for me, for 1.6.4, 1.7.4, and the last snapshot.
Come on SOMEONE around here has to know where the FTB launcher is hiding the jar for minecraft!
This is why I use multimc 5

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
This is why I use multimc 5
You can't use the jar in MultiMC 5..

hmjc.png

How do you need the jar for a GUI? Just look in \pack\minecraft\textures
EDIT: Oh, I see. Isn't there a JarMods Section?

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
You can't use the jar in MultiMC 5..

How do you need the jar for a GUI? Just look in \pack\minecraft\textures
EDIT: Oh, I see. Isn't there a JarMods Section?

No I was looking for what mod add's that gui, now I know it's tink construct.

I'm asking for the .jar for the game as I want to see if I can run MCpatcher through it to get me my packs connected textures, random mobs, better skies and so on that it supports, to spice things up for my lets play. Just to make thing's look more pretty. :p But I cant find the freaking thing. It has to be somewhere, how else are we playing?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019

I'm asking for the .jar for the game as I want to see if I can run MCpatcher through it to get me my packs connected textures, random mobs, better skies and so on that it supports, to spice things up for my lets play. Just to make thing's look more pretty. :p But I cant find the freaking thing. It has to be somewhere, how else are we playing?
It grabs the vanilla jar, then inserts the assets in the /pack/libraries folder.

Reactions: guiguilyon

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019

go to your ftb folder its in the versions also there's no minecraft.jar anymore they changed it to (mcversion).jar

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
go to your ftb folder its in the versions also there's no minecraft.jar anymore they changed it to (mcversion).jar

I really am tierd of people thinking I'm stupid. I am well aware there is no minecraft.jar anymore. That is NOT what I am asking. I asked 'wheres the jar for minecraft' not 'wheres minecraft.jar'
But you did finally answer the original question. The FTB launcher is stashed in with the default Minecraft launcher, as well as Tekkits launcher and any other files. Never noticed there was a versions folder in there. Or at the very least I am HOPING that it's the right file. Theres only one file in there and I'd have thought FTB would have custom named the .jar file.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I really am tierd of people thinking I'm stupid. I am well aware there is no minecraft.jar anymore. That is NOT what I am asking. I asked 'wheres the jar for minecraft' not 'wheres minecraft.jar'
But you did finally answer the original question. The FTB launcher is stashed in with the default Minecraft launcher, as well as Tekkits launcher and any other files. Never noticed there was a versions folder in there. Or at the very least I am HOPING that it's the right file. Theres only one file in there and I'd have thought FTB would have custom named the .jar file.

Not sure if this is the correct .jar file. But take a look at FTB install folder then goto versions and 1.6.4. The FTB installation folder can be found under the options tab in the launcher.[DOUBLEPOST=1392005351][/DOUBLEPOST]Magic bees in 1.6.4 DW20 pack. I can't seem to breed the mysterious bees. All the others so far have worked. But, this one just produces esoteric & eldritch cross breeds. I even tried to move a TC4 node within a few blocks of the Alveary. No luck so far what am I missing? BTW: My base in the middle of a magical forest.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to change the error message someone gets when connecting to my server without the correct mods? For instance, if I wanted to direct them to my website.

Caridor

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to distribute things evenly?
In my case, I'm trying to distribute blaze rods between generators but pipes seem to send the majority into the first generator, even when it's full.

filimaryus

Jul 29, 2019
Remove it from your pack completely.

Thanks for your help, but:
- disabled from launcher => didn't worked
- removed Hats directory from folder... minecraft didn't launched due to some error requesting for Hats Mod to be installed (at least version 2.2... i think this was actual error message)
- copied back folder, all was OK, I decided not to bother with this issue anymore and just ignore it
- ...2 days later I noticed all my Thaumcraft research "vanished". Basically I researched about 1/2 of it, and it all got reset to nothing.
I don't know if the Thaumcraft issue is related or not, but... it happened. Any ideas how can I get my research back?
PS: i haven't made any back-up of my world

thanks all!

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's unfortunate. I don't suppose the Forge team has ever considered adding an option for something like this, eh?

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
In my case, I'm trying to distribute blaze rods between generators but pipes seem to send the majority into the first generator, even when it's full.

Unsure what version or pack your using but if your using buildcraft pipes you can use distribution pipes, if they still exist, or something similar.

Caridor

Jul 29, 2019
Unsure what version or pack your using but if your using buildcraft pipes you can use distribution pipes, if they still exist, or something similar.
Sadly not, I'm using FTB unleashed V1.17, which is for minecraft version 1.5.2
No distribution pipes or redpower, which makes me a sad panda.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
A Factorization Router in insert mode will distribute it somewhat randomly between the selected inventories. And it is compact and can handle very large amounts of machines. You can upgrade it with the speed upgrade if you have lots of generators, but you should refrain from using the bandwidth upgrade since it would mean it deposits an entire stack in one inventory.