Infinite Lapis Lazuli

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
This is a little setup I made to show how to get infinite lapis:
QSxwuEJ.png

This is mainly for newcomers, but basically, I have a rancher harvesting blue wool sheep and then I pumped it into a pulverizer, I then pumped the string into a trashcan and the lapis go into a chest. That's it! enjoy!

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Well, here is an improved version of a lapis factory that's a bit more complicated than the first one:
N1FGk0n.png

AuegOBH.png

I used shears with fortune, repair, and unbreaking so they produce more wool and never die!:D

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
now how do you find stupid blue sheep? Take one lapis, turn it into 2 blue dyes. Find 2 sheep. right click to turn their wool blue. 2 blue sheep.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
why not use the MFR rancher with a radius upgrade instead? that way the sheep should be able to roam around more, and quickly regain their wool, and you have a single output for the wool

Reactions: _Mysteriez_

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
why not use the MFR rancher with a radius upgrade instead? that way the sheep should be able to roam around more, and quickly regain their wool, and you have a single output for the wool

Afaik the rancher or other animal blocks from MFR are not upgradeable. Same as with the grinder, it's always a 5x5 range. Only the sewer is upgradable, or I missed an update :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Afaik the rancher or other animal blocks from MFR are not upgradeable. Same as with the grinder, it's always a 5x5 range. Only the sewer is upgradable, or I missed an update :)

it is? *runs off to check* sigh, le disappointed
mVYb2lt.gif

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019

There eating speed is a bigger limiting factor then grass regrowth. Grass regrowth can be boosted by putting another layer of grass with a 1 block layer of air under the grass field the sheep stand on (wich I have in my setup). To add to that, free roaming animals tend to clutter into corners, wich limits the available amount of grass blocks to eat. By incasing them into glass they are perfectly centered on a single grass block while allowing the surrounding blocks to be grass blocks for faster growth.

Additionally, the autonomous activator allows for shears with fortune, creatly increasing output.

But most importantly: fun. Plopping down annything MFR related is simple, effective and boring. Doing it like this adds challanges, how will you shear em? How do you repair the shears? How will you collect the wool? How will you maximise grass regrowth? How will you maximise sheep eating speed?(IE: water with a piston gate to collect the wool causes the sheep to jump) Its fun tackling these challenges.

TE based treefarm annyone? I got one fully functional without requiring bonemeal :D Just not quite happy with the design yet :p

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
There eating speed is a bigger limiting factor then grass regrowth. Grass regrowth can be boosted by putting another layer of grass with a 1 block layer of air under the grass field the sheep stand on (wich I have in my setup). To add to that, free roaming animals tend to clutter into corners, wich limits the available amount of grass blocks to eat. By incasing them into glass they are perfectly centered on a single grass block while allowing the surrounding blocks to be grass blocks for faster growth.

Additionally, the autonomous activator allows for shears with fortune, creatly increasing output.

But most importantly: fun. Plopping down annything MFR related is simple, effective and boring. Doing it like this adds challanges, how will you shear em? How do you repair the shears? How will you collect the wool? How will you maximise grass regrowth? How will you maximise sheep eating speed?(IE: water with a piston gate to collect the wool causes the sheep to jump) Its fun tackling these challenges.

TE based treefarm annyone? I got one fully functional without requiring bonemeal :D Just not quite happy with the design yet :p
I was trying to make a dye tree farm from dyetrees from project red, but MFR doesn't register the leaves:(. What does?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying to make a dye tree farm from dyetrees from project red, but MFR doesn't register the leaves:(. What does?

I think only rotarycraft does at the moment, as it uses a different kind of code for the leaves then vanilla leaves

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
building my own blue wool/lapis farm right now in my SSP, I've build it so I only require 1 vacuum hopper per 4 sheep.
might even design it so I only need 2 activators per 4 sheep aswell, one for sheering and 1 for turning the activator around :p

EDIT:
this is my go at it.

bAzwqac.png

the build consists out of 5 units and a pulverizer setup.
each unit is build out of 2 activators, 1 crescent hammer, 1 shear and 1 vacuum hopper.
one activator with the crescent hammer rotates the other activator with shears around, so it shears all 4 sheep.
then the vacuum hopper sucks in the blue wool, and the blue wool gets transferred through itemducts towards the pulverizer.
the pulverizer then pulverizes the wool into string and lapis. the string goes into the left DSU and the lapis goes into the right DSU.
the pulverizer itself is powered by a creative energy cell

V9DUBip.png

kYhFzp6.png

Last edited:

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a more compact version of the one above that only requires one vacuum hopper.
DYfdMNz.jpg

sT8SCMq.jpg

whfr5aZ.jpg

the way it works is there is a autonomous activator using a cresent hammer on the autonomous activator above it which has fortune,repair, and unbreaking steel sheers in them which sheer the sheep. The the vacuum hopper picks it up and pumps it into an ender chest which pumps the wool into a pulverizer via a hopper and the pulverizer turns it into string and lapis. Then it puts both items into DSU's. I also have it powered by squids. The way I did that is with a rancher that pumps ink into a bio generator, which pumps the biofuel into a biofuel generator which connects to the rancher, the pulverizer, and a redstone energy unit through energy conduits underground.

Last edited: