Unsupported Monster 1.6.4 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.8
Mod & Version: Cross-mod: ReactorCraft 15 & Thaumcraft 4.0.5b
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/WWM1tnAV (note, nothing crashes, this is the error the server spits out when kicking an afflicted player)
Whats the bug? Consuming mana beans from Thaumcraft has a chance of applying one research point of their respective aspect to the player, and/or applying random status effects for 10 seconds (or occasionally instant death).

One of the status effects that can be applied is the "Radiation sickness" effect from ReactorCraft, which doesn't work properly, and will cause the player to whom the effect was applied to be immediately kicked from the server, and kicked upon each login to the server until their .dat file is deleted or replaced with a backup.
Can it be repeated? Yes. A non-comprehensive list of beans that can apply the ReactorCraft radiation sickness effect are those of the aspects Limus, Tempus and Cognito.

Note that it's RNG, so you might have to eat a few dozen of them to get the effect. Also note that is distinct from the IC2 "Radiation" status effect, which functions as intended and does not break things.
Known Fix: Don't consume mana beans. If a player has already consumed a mana bean and is afflicted with ReactorCraft radiation poisoning, their .dat file in world\players\%playername%.dat will need to be manually edited to remove the status effect, replaced with a backup or deleted.

Aarkreinsil

Jul 29, 2019
Recommended, not required. It will mess with the generation of new chunks. If you don't care about abrupt scenery change, then it doesn't matter.
It seems to matter quite a bit. I'm still having issues with the glass covers, chisel stuff and repeated disconnect.overflows, even when upgrading from 1.0.7 to 1.0.9 directly. The overflows are being caused by reactorcraft, spamming errors about a missing entity 50. After I disabled that, I still had repeated crashes near solar mirrors, apparently linked to TE or something. The funny thing is, that all of those things work perfectly fine if I place them again in SP.

2014-01-31 06:24:01 [Information] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
2014-01-31 06:24:01 [Information] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
2014-01-31 06:24:01 [Information] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

And even after all of those issues, there's tremendous lag, apparently caused by other errors being spammed in the background. So yeah, the servers I have played on are a real mess now, unless you evacuate into a new area and start over from scratch.

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to matter quite a bit. I'm still having issues with the glass covers, chisel stuff and repeated disconnect.overflows, even when upgrading from 1.0.7 to 1.0.9 directly. The overflows are being caused by reactorcraft, spamming errors about a missing entity 50. After I disabled that, I still had repeated crashes near solar mirrors, apparently linked to TE or something. The funny thing is, that all of those things work perfectly fine if I place them again in SP.

2014-01-31 06:24:01 [Information] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
2014-01-31 06:24:01 [Information] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
2014-01-31 06:24:01 [Information] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

And even after all of those issues, there's tremendous lag, apparently caused by other errors being spammed in the background. So yeah,

Hrm. Does this happen on a fresh world to? Or just an updated one?

Aarkreinsil

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm. Does this happen on a fresh world to? Or just an updated one?

I can't really tell, since my server permissions aren't quite good enough to just reset the world. I can't even install a backup so the owner has to do rollbacks.
On my freshly (1.0.9) created SP map I'm having other problems.

The console is ALWAYS being spammed hard with
[ForgeModLoader] Missing mod entity information for MineFactoryReloaded|CompatIC2 : 67

And I'm getting a crash upon rightclicking Reactorcraft fuel rods:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.openLocalGui(NetworkRegistry.java:328)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.openGui(FMLNetworkHandler.java:357)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.openGui(EntityPlayer.java:2480)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.OpenGuiPacket.execute(OpenGuiPacket.java:67)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handleFMLPacket(FMLNetworkHandler.java:116)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:81)
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72501_a(NetClientHandler.java:1651)
at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet250CustomPayload.func_73279_a(SourceFile:61)
at net.minecraft.network.MemoryConnection.func_74428_b(MemoryConnection.java:89)
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72551_d(NetClientHandler.java:281)
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72835_b(WorldClient.java:99)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1930)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:910)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

Also, vanilla glass panes are becoming invisible sometimes, depending on which angle you're looking at them from.

P.S.
A melting ReactorCraft Reactor actually spawns items galore! Tons of stuff like Centrifuges, Uranium Processors and other stuff from the mod. It's actually quite fun to watch the melting goo turn into other mod items.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d50eerw6p4mpwku/2014-01-31_07.25.11.png

Last edited:

Duumke

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.9
Mod & Version: ???
Pastebin link to crash log: Server log: http://pastebin.com/tUd6P77F
Whats the bug?
Can it be repeated? Yes, it happens every 10 to 15 minutes on a new server.

The player experiensing the crash is directly dropped off the server.
Other players drop out a little later.
It is on a new install of the modpack (new world), so it can't be some inherritance from an older world/instance.

I hope this can be solved as we would really like to play with this modpack.

P.S.
Server specs:
Virtual machine
2 core's (i5 3rd gen).
8 GB ram assigned to this VM.
Enough disk space
Latest Java version on Ubuntu server:
java version "1.8.0-ea"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-ea-b124)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.0-b66, mixed mode)

Thank you very much for your time.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: ???
Pastebin link to crash log: Server log: http://pastebin.com/tUd6P77F
Whats the bug?
Can it be repeated? Yes, it happens every 10 to 15 minutes on a new server.

The player experiensing the crash is directly dropped off the server.
Other players drop out a little later.
It is on a new install of the modpack (new world), so it can't be some inherritance from an older world/instance.

I hope this can be solved as we would really like to play with this modpack.

P.S.
Server specs:
Virtual machine
2 core's (i5 3rd gen).
8 GB ram assigned to this VM.
Enough disk space
Latest Java version on Ubuntu server:
java version "1.8.0-ea"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-ea-b124)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.0-b66, mixed mode)

Thank you very much for your time.

That is a very very very rare bug that happens from Revamp. In fact, it has only happened twice (at least reported) in our packs. Not sure if you can just disable it to fix it or not.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Mod Pack: Monster
Mod & Version: all versions
Pastebin link to crash log: no crash
Whats the bug? -> you can´t use portals from qcraft because chisel is overwriting the vanilla ice
Can it be repeated? -> just try to create a portal and you will end up with a non working one because you can´t cool it down as chisel edits the vanilla ice
Known Fix: -> chisel has an option to not override vanilla blocks and add them with another id instead. This should solve the problem but has to be done server and client side of course.

It would be nice if we can see this changed/fixed with the next monster update.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: all versions
Pastebin link to crash log: no crash
Whats the bug? -> you can´t use portals from qcraft because chisel is overwriting the vanilla ice
Can it be repeated? -> just try to create a portal and you will end up with a non working one because you can´t cool it down as chisel edits the vanilla ice
Known Fix: -> chisel has an option to not override vanilla blocks and add them with another id instead. This should solve the problem but has to be done server and client side of course.

It would be nice if we can see this changed/fixed with the next monster update.

Chisel shouldn't be overriding ice in 1.0.9.

TheMicroHamster

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Core mods, 1.0.7
pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/wHC8dHx5
Bugs: Core mods missing annotations
Can it be repeated? Yes, every time
known fix: Uknown
I am getting the same problem, with fewer mods [having issues], but I get the same result. I had launched it successfully on 1.0.6, and then 1.0.7 gets this exact same problem EVERY time.
I hope this gets a fix soon.
How can I get an older version?

handl

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: None
Pastebin link to crash log: Debug and Extended
Whats the bug? More so something that isn't a bug. Under single player I am able to play fine, but upon entering multiplayer on a server (that a few hours earlier I was playing just fine on, as well as almost all of earlier today and most of the day the past few day) I can play for a few seconds, and from there the game crashes back to the FTB launcher. This happens each time I play. I'm a bit perplexed, as I was able to play perfectly fine one minute then the next I suddenly cannot play at all.
Can it be repeated? Yes.
Known Fix: Unsure

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Chisel shouldn't be overriding ice in 1.0.9.
you are right minefactory reloaded is overwriting it now. sorry. Btw. did you ever thought about splitting reports into their own topics or use a bugtracker. This would improve the search results and you could mark them as solved, invalid, duplicate... and archive these ?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
you are right minefactory reloaded is overwriting it now. sorry. Btw. did you ever thought about splitting reports into their own topics or use a bugtracker. This would improve the search results and you could mark them as solved, invalid, duplicate... and archive these ?

We have a fancy bugtracker now. We haven't implemented it yet.

eadmund

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Magical Crops 3.1.6
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
Whats the bug? No blaze rod recipe
Can it be repeated? N/A

There is no longer a way to craft blaze rods from blaze powder, and blaze essences only produce blaze powder.

I've tried (unsuccessfully) to add a recipe using minetweak.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Highlands 2.1.7
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/fcfY0fPX

Whats the bug?
Crash on worldgen

Can it be repeated? Yes

Known Fix: Highlands 2.1.7 has crashes with its mountains biomes and 2.1.7a has it fixed

Mod & Version: Unknown
Pastebin link to crash log:
Whats the bug?
Massive cpu spikes at random intervals, usually after 30-40 minutes spent in an area
Seems to be memory related

Can it be repeated? Yes

Known Fix: Setting custom java parameters and 4 gigs of ram seem to mitigate it to a minimum, but something is causing a lot more memory usage than it should.

Last edited:

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: BetterStorage
Whats the bug? Backpacks can no longer be equipped by sneaking & breaking.
Can it be repeated? Yes.
Known Fix: None

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Mystcraft & Inventory Tweaks
Whats the bug? Attempting to use vertical or horizontal sort on a chest full of Mystcraft pages results in an infinite loop; console shows endless "memory connection overburdened" errors with continually increasing values of increasingly large increments, such as:
2014-02-01 17:11:34 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 11005472 to go!
2014-02-01 17:11:35 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 11218047 to go!
Performing the first sort type always results in different arrangements of pages, as well.
Can it be repeated? Yes.

RedFlameDragon

Jul 29, 2019
hrm. got a weird freezing error. was fairly easy to replicate, and it seems to be causing an infinite loop or something.

essentially, i had just DLed the new 1.0.9, and was playing around with the world options. got to a village in one of them, and found a chest in a building from forestry, since the chest had bees and apple tree saplings <unknown genome>. the saplings were in several small stacks, so i hit the middle mouse button to sort and stack them, via the NEI commands. then it freezes, and this spam appears in the console

2014-02-01 23:12:28 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 4273381 to go!
2014-02-01 23:12:28 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 4339080 to go!
2014-02-01 23:12:29 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 4406202 to go!

with the "packets to go" constantly increasing.

2014-02-01 23:11:58 [INFO] [STDERR] NEI: Omitting #31987:0 ItemHealCrystal
2014-02-01 23:11:58 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 31987
2014-02-01 23:11:58 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock.func_77617_a(ItemBlock.java:52)
2014-02-01 23:11:58 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.item.Item.func_77650_f(Item.java:310)
2014-02-01 23:11:58 [INFO] [STDERR] at codechicken.nei.ItemList$ThreadLoadItems.run(ItemList.java:366)

this is the red text and seems to be the source of the error.

also had some weird random crashing in another world i had made, see attached crashlogs. these were in an ATG world.

Attachments

• crash-2014-02-01_22.39.24-server.txt
    47.3 KB · Views: 79
  • crash-2014-02-01_22.43.06-server.txt
    38.4 KB · Views: 62

Duo

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: BetterStorage
Whats the bug? Backpacks can no longer be equipped by sneaking & breaking.
Can it be repeated? Yes.

Backpacks take up the chest armor slot now (which I'm pretty sure was always in the mod's description). If you have anything equipped for chest armor it just pops up instead of equipping. No chest armor, and it equips fine.

SimonPip

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Thermal Expansion 3.0.0.2 (though log stacktrace mentions CodeChicken)
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/TVxJuniH

Whats the bug?
Installed fluiducts from ender tank to several IC2 geothermal generators. When logging on the next day, one of the pipes was no longer visible. Can't move through the block and it transmits liquid fine, so it's physically there. The others connect to it just fine as well. Removing a connected fluiduct crashes client, though it is removed and in inventory after logging back in. Same with putting fluiduct back in the same place.

Attempting to place anything in the block where the invisible fluiduct is makes whatever you placed disappear from inventory without placing it. Trying to place something after that returns the first item to inventory.

Can it be repeated?
Crashes and such, yes. Have not seen any other invisible fluiducts, and haven't been able to remove the existing one to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.