Weekly News Issue #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Would it be possible for DW20 to keep configs for mods not in the pack in sync with Universal Config?

I'm missing IDs for Witchery, which I add to the server pack - Universal config already has IDs for Witchery 0.12, but DW20 has IDs suitable only for Witchery 0.11.3.

Why should Direwolf do such a thing? DW20 is basically a private pack that is only hosted by FtB and has no relation at all to the other packs hosted, and doesn't need to conform to those put together by FtB, including the Universal Config.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
To my knowledge, 1.5.2 Packs are no longer being worked on
Its just a bit weird that the latest recommended version(1.1.3) of the mod has several flaws in it, among them one that makes it impossible to use dartcraft unless you cheat in items. And if I recall one of the updates(was it 1.1.5?) had such serious errors that it was immediate remedied. Would be nice for eventual future players of Unleashed if there were a final fixed recommended version. After all I believe(could be wrong) that is 1.1.7, it just never got bumped to recommended.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to skip the dartcraft bug by putting the item in question in shop. ( simple essentials sign shop did it ), then i managed to fully fix it by removing dartcraft :p, broken mod with 0 to less balance.

Also good guide made by jadedcat, she is a little pissed off but understandable .

P.S. Jadedcat, you should stop smoking :p is bad for you.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to skip the dartcraft bug by putting the item in question in shop. ( simple essentials sign shop did it ), then i managed to fully fix it by removing dartcraft :p, broken mod with 0 to less balance.

Also good guide made by jadedcat, she is a little pissed off but understandable .

P.S. Jadedcat, you should stop smoking :p is bad for you.

It's a lot more balanced now. You can actually play it with other mods now. Although I'm talking about 1.6.

Bentenmaru

Jul 29, 2019
How soon till Extra Bee's will get added? Got a girlfriend eagerly awaiting this xD and will the bee's get Retrogenned and added in the existing chunks?

I find this as well interested when it should come into the pack

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible for DW20 to keep configs for mods not in the pack in sync with Universal Config?

I'm missing IDs for Witchery, which I add to the server pack - Universal config already has IDs for Witchery 0.12, but DW20 has IDs suitable only for Witchery 0.11.3.

they have to wait for me for the universal config updates and i was indisposed for a week+. they didn't have those configs before those updates were pushed.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Its just a bit weird that the latest recommended version(1.1.3) of the mod has several flaws in it, among them one that makes it impossible to use dartcraft unless you cheat in items. And if I recall one of the updates(was it 1.1.5?) had such serious errors that it was immediate remedied. Would be nice for eventual future players of Unleashed if there were a final fixed recommended version. After all I believe(could be wrong) that is 1.1.7, it just never got bumped to recommended.
Yeah and I think there was a pretty significant update/fix to Modular Power Suits as well after 1.1.3 -- seems odd that 117 isn't the official version of Unleashed now.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I blame rhn for misleading me! ;)
I think at the time it was not actually recommended. Or at least there seemed to be a lot of confusion about it. Some mention that it 1.1.7 was pushed to recommended and then it was put back to 1.1.3.
But nevertheless its great news that the recommended finally moved from 1.1.3 ;)

Reactions: AlanEsh

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes it takes a while to get to client computers. I don't know whether the amount of time it takes varies per client, per server or just varies from when it was announced.

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
No weekly news #4 eh? What a pity.

Hopefully it's just late. Even news saying there isn't any new news is better than no news at all.

Reactions: jebelg01
Status
Not open for further replies.